Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Warning: Forum may overreact come Sunday

TKnight24

Prepare yourselves :colts: family, things could get ugly come Sunday. Why you ask? Well, I'll let the Colts writer's tell you

@CraigKColts: #Colts three DNP amigos from yesterday not seen at practice -- Toler, Howell and Gordy.

@mchappell51: Again, no sign of #colts CBs Greg Toler and Josh Gordy, S Delano Howell at open portion of practice.

Usually if a player doesn't practice on Thursday, probably won't play Sunday. So, the return of Cassius Vaughn in the starting line-up may come true Sunday. Prepare yourselves, you've been warned :panic:

haha

P.S. Happy Halloween!!!!!!

@Colts: #COLTSTRONG RT @SNFonNBC: RT this photo of Andrew Luck delivering a "sweet" pass. Happy #Halloween #SNF http://t.co/nsxH5qyFga

over/under what qtr does the aforementioned vaughn sucks thread begins?

Im going to say 2nd qtr. but i'm also gonna say that its very possible it could be after the first pass goes his way.

I say under. The moment we take the field on defense is when it happens haha

I recall a few years back the Pats had some success putting a WR at nickel when they got injury bit. DHB for nickel back over vaughn?

No, if we're using a WR at CB...... throw David Reed back there. He's done nothing since being on the roster. Make him earn his paycheck!!!! haha

Guest TeamLoloJones

No, if we're using a WR at CB...... throw David Reed back there. He's done nothing since being on the roster. Make him earn his paycheck!!!! haha

Move Bethea to the nickel and have Luck play safety.

Someone start the thread now to get it out of the way. (I think he will be okay fyi)

You would think so. The Texans are one of the worst teams in football at passing the ball, and the right side of their o line is not good. On paper at least, Mathis should make things rather easy for the CB's.

You would think so. The Texans are one of the worst teams in football at passing the ball, and the right side of their o line is not good. On paper at least, Mathis should make things rather easy for the CB's.

Don't forget about Erik Walden (who's coming into his own), the rookie Werner, Freaky Jean, & Cory Redding

its not only johnson that we have to worry about, hopkins is also developing into a threat but i have no doubt Vontae is going to keep one of these two in check

Andre Johnson is always hurt, he's probably not 100% come Sunday. And Vontae has momentum his way from the last time we played. And if he prepares for Tom Brady again, Andre Johnson might not touch the ball at all come Sunday haha

@CraigKColts: #Colts three DNP amigos from yesterday not seen at practice -- Toler, Howell and Gordy.

@mchappell51: Again, no sign of #colts CBs Greg Toler and Josh Gordy, S Delano Howell at open portion of practice.

Along with the Wayne injury, the Denver game is proving to be a costly victory!

Don't forget about Erik Walden (who's coming into his own), the rookie Werner, Freaky Jean, & Cory Redding

Sure the front 7 in general needs to have a good day, I was mostly just noting the gross mismatch on passing plays that is RT Newton on OLB Mathis. That is the primary point of concern for the Texans when Keenum is looking to throw.

I'm more concerned about what Luck will do with Reggie Wayne out. Reggie has been his go to guy and as we know Reggie has some of the best hands in the NFL. Reggie is big on 3rd down. I hope that DHB, TY, Fleener and yes Richardson can all step it up and pick up the slack.

You can bet Chris Collinsworth & co. aren't gonna let us hear the end of it the entire game. I can see them now

"And here comes Andrew Luck, the 2nd year man outta Stanford with the new Colts offense without Reggie Wayne out wide"

*offense breaks the huddle*

"Andrew Luck under center, Reggie Wayne not out wide folks, that's Heyward-Bey & the speedster Ty Hilton. "

*Andrew Luck hands the ball off to Trent Richardson*

"And that's Trent Richardson with a 5 yard gain. Remember folks, that's not Reggie Wayne out there. Out for the season"

:facepalm:

Sure the front 7 in general needs to have a good day, I was mostly just noting the gross mismatch on passing plays that is RT Newton on OLB Mathis. That is the primary point of concern for the Texans when Keenum is looking to throw.

Mathis rushes from their left side, so he'll be facing the LT.

Prepare yourselves :colts: family, things could get ugly come Sunday. Why you ask? Well, I'll let the Colts writer's tell you

Usually if a player doesn't practice on Thursday, probably won't play Sunday. So, the return of Cassius Vaughn in the starting line-up may come true Sunday. Prepare yourselves, you've been warned :panic:

haha

P.S. Happy Halloween!!!!!!

@Colts: #COLTSTRONG RT @SNFonNBC: RT this photo of Andrew Luck delivering a "sweet" pass. Happy #Halloween #SNF http://t.co/nsxH5qyFga

Thanks for the warning. How should we prepare ourselves? Buy extra milk and bread?

Well, There is not a HUGE drop off from Toler to Vaughn, some but not alot, Toler is not a #2, more like a very good nickel corner. We will just have to wait and see if Vaughn starts or not, either way its just a matter of which one will be Johnsons own personal whipping boy Toler or Vaughn, they will need help

Well, There is not a HUGE drop off from Toler to Vaughn, some but not alot, Toler is not a #2, more like a very good nickel corner. We will just have to wait and see if Vaughn starts or not, either way its just a matter of which one will be Johnsons own personal whipping boy Toler or Vaughn, they will need help

I'd rather have Butler at the corner and Toler in the nickel. We probably play nickel more than a base 3-4 anyway.

Oh, and Vaughn on the bench...

Good point SkyBane. I will be focusing on how Keenam handles pressure & whether or not he can scramble on the move, throw, & get 1st downs. I really know zilch about the Texans new QB. I am looking forward to seeing how he maintains his composure actually.