Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton running up the score...

bap1331

there comes a point that youre like, "okay I get it, your team is good"...

stop trying to intimidate the rest of the league...

There came a point where Luck today knew it was time to put Hasselbeck in. It shows respect to the other team. Not to mention that they did rock, paper, scissors last week to see who would score the touchdown...It seems like the 2007 undefeated Patriots all over again..

The last time I remember Peyton doing this was when he went for 49 touchdowns in 2004.

Just my 2 cents...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Id say your two cents aren't worth a lick. Peyton went out at 11:00 minute mark in the 4th. You seem to forget 6 of those points came from Holliday and another 6 came from a blocked Punt byJohnson. That's 12 points off special teams.

Dont hate Peyton and the offense for being so productive.

Well, Id say your two cents aren't worth a lick. Peyton went out at 11:00 minute mark in the 4th. You seem to forget 6 of those points came from Holliday and another 6 came from a blocked Punt byJohnson. That's 12 points off special teams.

Dont hate Peyton and the offense for being so productive.

he has 4 touchdowns...I stopped watching the game because I was sick of it...

find me a game in the 2007 season where Brady went to the bench with 11 minutes left in the game

I have no issue with running up the score. Never have. Put up a 100 if you can. Defenses job to stop the offense. There just seems to be double standard with Brady and Manning in this regard but what else is new...

he has 4 touchdowns...I stopped watching the game because I was sick of it...

Stop being so bitter and uninformed. I've had enough of you and "fans" like you. He left early in the fourth, how early should he be leaving? There are many things I would like to say that I can't because of forum rules, but I'm sure you can imagine.

I have no issue with running up the score. Never have. Put up a 100 if you can. Defenses job to stop the offense. There just seems to be double standard with Brady and Manning in this regard but what else is new...

no there isn't. Manning sits while brady plays late in games with a huge lead. nothing similar at all

no there isn't. Manning sits while brady plays late in games with a huge lead. nothing similar at all

Brady definitely sat for games in 2007. IIRC it was 7 or 8 games. No QB wants to watch someone else do their job regardless of the score. I have no problem with "running up the score". Opposing defenders are being paid millions of dollars to do their job.

And since you asked, here is a game from 2007 where Brady didn't play the 4th at all. Cassell came in.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200711180buf.htm

I am just going to enjoy it, for as long as it lasts....

For all of those that thought he'd never play again.

For all of those that said his arm was rubber.

For all of those who said he'll be done the first time someone hits him...

shall I go on.....???

Just one more thing,  For those of "us" who never gave up on him

I am thrilled for the Season he is having....   

Man, I love watching him Play

I am just going to enjoy it, for as long as it lasts....

For all of those that thought he'd never play again.

For all of those that said his arm was rubber.

For all of those who said he'll be done the first time someone hits him...

shall I go on.....???

Just one more thing,  For those of "us" who never gave up on him

I am thrilled for the Season he is having....   

Man, I love watching him Play

Please remember that moving on to Andrew Luck, does not indicate any of those things for many fans. It might have had to be one or the other for the franchise, but it didn't have to be that way in our hearts. Lets let the rift about this not grow again.

Please remember that moving on to Andrew Luck, does not indicate any of those things for many fans. It might have had to be one or the other for the franchise, but it didn't have to be that way in our hearts. Lets let the rift about this not grow again.

I'm sorry if you took it that way....

just stating how much I personally enjoy watching him..   

and for the Record, I am enjoying Andrew and the Colts equally   ;)

The announcers for the Colts game said it best when wondering when our 2nd players should sub in... It's hard to sub in a ton of backups in a football game because teams are limited to a 53-man roster. Subtract kickers, punters, injuries, and the guys who are on the field who don't even have their equipment on and that number goes down even further.

Peyton did eventually come off, but Denver still left a ton of starters in likely because they didn't have enough eligible guys to turn to.

there comes a point that youre like, "okay I get it, your team is good"...

stop trying to intimidate the rest of the league...

There came a point where Luck today knew it was time to put Hasselbeck in. It shows respect to the other team. Not to mention that they did rock, paper, scissors last week to see who would score the touchdown...It seems like the 2007 undefeated Patriots all over again..

The last time I remember Peyton doing this was when he went for 49 touchdowns in 2004.

Just my 2 cents...

Actually running up the score is intimidation and that's a definition of it too.

There is such a difference between putting a game away and running up the score.

I think he owed Chip Kelly and Michael Vick one.

Michael Vick, in his comeback year, and the Eagles in 2010 came off a bye week to face the Colts coming off a MNF game, same short week and the Colts lost a close game with Collie getting the first of his many concussions to come. Peyton was a bit irritated at the NFL doing that to the Colts and said so at that time. He said the same thing following the MNF game vs Raiders this week too, so Chip Kelly said we will play him in the parking lot if he had to. Chip Kelly actually was a bit justified because the Eagles played 3 games in 11 days, so the 10 day rest was like the NFL rewarding them. It did not seem to matter though.

I saw this spanking coming from a mile away. :)

The game did end 52-20, right? Once it got to 49, instead of just running and giving the ball back to the Eagles, the new OC Adam Gase is aggressive and felt the best way to burn clock was to throw instead of run. Maybe if the Broncos running game was top notch, they may be able to run the clock by running but it is not, IMO. So, get a FG, burn time, and then take Peyton off. Sounds good to me.

Michael Vick, in his comeback year, and the Eagles in 2010 came off a bye week to face the Colts coming off a MNF game, same short week and the Colts lost a close game with Collie getting the first of his many concussions to come. Peyton was a bit irritated at the NFL doing that to the Colts and said so at that time. He said the same thing following the MNF game vs Raiders this week too, so Chip Kelly said we will play him in the parking lot if he had to. Chip Kelly actually was a bit justified because the Eagles played 3 games in 11 days, so the 10 day rest was like the NFL rewarding them. It did not seem to matter though.

The game did end 52-20, right? Once it got to 49, instead of just running and giving the ball back to the Eagles, the new OC Adam Gase is aggressive and felt the best way to burn clock was to throw instead of run. Maybe if the Broncos running game was top notch, they may be able to run the clock by running but it is not, IMO. So, get a FG, burn time, and then take Peyton off. Sounds good to me.

Well, the Eagles played like a team from a parking lot.

It was 52-13 at one point. lol. Eagles never got anything going all day. Game was never in doubt. Broncos ran it up. So what? Offense is suppose to score. Who is going to tell Manning not to fling it?

Manning came out of the game after scoring and making it 42-13. In the third quarter, on a possession that began with 8:22 remaining. The game was not over at the beginning of that possession. The touchdown effectively put the game away.

Had Manning come back out and led drives leading to more points, it would be a different story. Osweiler attempted three passes in a quarter of work. The Broncos extra touchdown came on a blocked punt. They weren't running up the score.

Get ready to get your rear fried. It's OK to complain about Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and possibly even Aaron Rodgers for stat hogging it up like they have done in past seasons, but if you say the golden child is doing it, it's NOT OK.

Let him run the stats up, I strictly don't care. I hope he throws 60 TD's and 6,000 yards then blows it with another epic pick 6 as he is known to do in the playoffs. 14-2, first round exit in playoffs. I hated the Broncos before he went there too.

Get ready to get your rear fried. It's OK to complain about Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and possibly even Aaron Rodgers for stat hogging it up like they have done in past seasons, but if you say the golden child is doing it, it's NOT OK.

Let him run the stats up, I strictly don't care. I hope he throws 60 TD's and 6,000 yards then blows it with another epic pick 6 as he is known to do in the playoffs. 14-2, first round exit in playoffs. I hated the Broncos before he went there too.

How is playing your last snap in the third quarter running up stats?

I don't even...is this BIZARRO world? bizarro_superman_final.jpg

Who cares? The Colts are playing pretty good and all you people can do is whine and cry over what Manning, Brady and some other QBs do? What we have learned from the past is debating and or arguing about Manning and Brady is its a never ending subject. This thread could go on ten pages deep and it would read like a broken record. That is why I will not reply to any individual on this matter because it is a useless subject that we all have been through too many times to count. 

These threads are just ridiculous.....if the opposing defense did not want him to score then maybe they should take a little pride in there defense and you know....actually do something about it, Grown men whining about running up the score is just pathetic

& he threw with Brock @ 10:42 left ,Peyton had plenty of more time if wanted more Tds , & at least definitely yardage, , this was lowest yardage game of season for peyton 

I did love the way Bree's padded his stats the year he broke the yardage record though.

Manning came out of the game after scoring and making it 42-13. In the third quarter, on a possession that began with 8:22 remaining. The game was not over at the beginning of that possession. The touchdown effectively put the game away.

Had Manning come back out and led drives leading to more points, it would be a different story. Osweiler attempted three passes in a quarter of work. The Broncos extra touchdown came on a blocked punt. They weren't running up the score.

lol. 35-13 was not enough against that team?! I guess we saw two different Eagles teams. Like I said, I have no issue with putting up points. THat is what Manning is supposed to do every time he has the ball. Good for him but he runs it up with the best of them. Always has. Mostly because he is that good and even better with that cast around him this year.