Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton running up the score...

bap1331

Get ready to get your rear fried. It's OK to complain about Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and possibly even Aaron Rodgers for stat hogging it up like they have done in past seasons, but if you say the golden child is doing it, it's NOT OK.

Let him run the stats up, I strictly don't care. I hope he throws 60 TD's and 6,000 yards then blows it with another epic pick 6 as he is known to do in the playoffs. 14-2, first round exit in playoffs. I hated the Broncos before he went there too.

The saints backup had 5 attempts in 2011. Slight difference. When Manning broke the td record he basically played 14 and a half games

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These threads are just ridiculous.....if the opposing defense did not want him to score then maybe they should take a little pride in there defense and you know....actually do something about it, Grown men whining about running up the score is just pathetic

QFT. If the Eagles did not like Peyton and company scoring on them then they should have done their job and stopped them.  This is professional football and grown men.  Hearing fans whine about running up the score in professional sports is just sad.  These guys are paid millions to do their job and Peyton and company just did their job much better than the Eagles.

I had no problem when we ran the score up when Peyton was here. I have no problem when Brady and BB do it and had no problem when Brees and the Saints did it.

If you do not like then the defense should do something about it.

lol. 35-13 was not enough against that team?! I guess we saw two different Eagles teams. Like I said, I have no issue with putting up points. THat is what Manning is supposed to do every time he has the ball. Good for him but he runs it up with the best of them. Always has. Mostly because he is that good and even better with that cast around him this year.

Proven wrong yet again and still unable to admit it. This is not the same as Brady in 2007 and you clearly know it.

I don't know whether I find your post hilarious or sickening. A bit of both perhaps. 

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

there comes a point that youre like, "okay I get it, your team is good"...

stop trying to intimidate the rest of the league...

There came a point where Luck today knew it was time to put Hasselbeck in. It shows respect to the other team. Not to mention that they did rock, paper, scissors last week to see who would score the touchdown...It seems like the 2007 undefeated Patriots all over again..

The last time I remember Peyton doing this was when he went for 49 touchdowns in 2004.

Just my 2 cents...

I was hoping Hasselbeck would get to play.  He's good.  We've never had such a good backup and it was great to see him play

As far as peyton, he's on a roll........and whatever he does to keep his mojo going is fine by me. Not going to find fault with him

there comes a point that youre like, "okay I get it, your team is good"...

stop trying to intimidate the rest of the league...

There came a point where Luck today knew it was time to put Hasselbeck in. It shows respect to the other team. Not to mention that they did rock, paper, scissors last week to see who would score the touchdown...It seems like the 2007 undefeated Patriots all over again..

The last time I remember Peyton doing this was when he went for 49 touchdowns in 2004.

Just my 2 cents...

That decision likely was not made by Luck, That decision likely came from Pagano, Had Luck been given the option I highly doubt he comes out, he is a competitor. He strikes me as a guy that when he has you down he wants to bury ya and keep ya down, thats a good thing

The last thing Manning is, is a "Glory Hog". Manning time on the filed represents constantly trying to be one millionth of a spec better than he was after his last throw. No one works more hours on their individual performance than Manning and if you argue that then why sixteen TDs and no INTs to date? I just wonder if he did not dedicate this season to the Colts by trading him like he told the Colts before they drafted him, "If you don't draft me I'll kick your @ss ever time I play you."

If the Colts don't go all the way I am pulling with everything I have that Manning gets his second ring and be regarded as the best ever.....even better than that guy in New England!!

Lets stop keeping score and give everyone a trophy. We don't want the feelings of pampered millionaires getting hurt.

IMO Denver is going to burnout. Despite the easiest schedule in the league they will come under enormous pressure with each passing game.    

There is such a difference between putting a game away and running up the score.

so what is the difference in your mind . . . just curious . . .

What exactly is running up the score in your mind?

For me running up the score is when a team scores unnecessarily . . . that is scoring when one does not need to score in the manner in which one scores . . . if the team is leading big and the game is in hand but they have starter players and are practicing plays for future reference they are not running it up as they are practicing . . . if a team gets the ball late in the game and does not have enough time on the clock to run the clock out and runs out of real estate and runs in the end zone that is not running up the score as there is nothing they can do about it . . . also, I do not worry too much if a team runs a run play or a short pass play, if they are moving the ball so be . . . the manner really does not bother me . . .

for me running up the score would be a situation, which happened to the pats in 2009, when a team is running a fast offense late in a game in over such that they might get another possession at the end of the game, like the Saints did to the pats in 2009, we had put our starters on the sidelines and threw in the towel and the Saints kept their starters in on offense and ran a quick drive to pill on the points and because of this this quick drive they got another possession before the game was over . . . however, this did not bother me as I saw that game as a statement game by the Saints, we have arrived and we are better than some people think we are . . . so to that extent it was not running up the score to run up the score so much, but a point to make a statement . . .

to me I look at running up the score as like a fight in hockey . . . you can beat the heck out of a player and pound him and as long as he is standing the fight can continue . . . but once he yields or falls to the ice and you are on top of him, you gotta stop swinging . . . mano mano fighting is okay if you pound the guy, but hitting while he is down is not, sure there are some that do this . . . similar, if the opponent is trying to win (like Dallas against us in 2007 calling timeouts or Miami getting a pick 6 and the crowd going crazy)  then its fair game to keep swinging . . .

I will say this on this subject though folks . . . I could care less what any one here thinks about running up or not running up the score . . . . I really don't care what standard one uses . . . my only concern is that poster pick a position and stick with it and be consistent regardless if the jersey is the saints, colts, pats, or broncos . . . it is the consistency which I respect among a person's position in life and the inconsistency which I can not respect . . .      

Proven wrong yet again and still unable to admit it. This is not the same as Brady in 2007 and you clearly know it.

I don't know whether I find you hilarious or sickening. A bit of both perhaps. 

Anton, I would kindly ask you to read my prior post to Superman and please provide for this forum your opinion of what running up the score . . . once we know what your opinion is on record of what running up the score, then we can continue our discussion which respect to NFL teams . . thank you . . .

I am just going to enjoy it, for as long as it lasts....

For all of those that thought he'd never play again.

For all of those that said his arm was rubber.

For all of those who said he'll be done the first time someone hits him...

shall I go on.....???

Just one more thing,  For those of "us" who never gave up on him

I am thrilled for the Season he is having....   

Man, I love watching him Play

Took the words right out of my mouth. I wish him the best, always. He is a joy to watch. His training alone of his team is incredible to witness, he brings the best out of everyone around him. 

find me a game in the 2007 season where Brady went to the bench with 11 minutes left in the game

The Mia as already mentioned . . . now that we have answered your question please be kind enough to answer one of ours . . .

please find us a game when you think Brady should of gone to the bench on an offense possession AND the reason why you think he should of gone to the bench . . . for example team A is leading by 28 points with 3 mins in the 4th, reason: game was in over . . .  therefore the QB is in the game after it is over . . . 

I am only looking for consistency here jvan1973 and want to see what peoples standards are . . . if a game is "over" it is "over" regardless of the time on the clock or the qtr . . . once a team has gone past the point of no return and can not loose the game a QB in the game is in the game past this point and if one wants to be consistent one will need to cry foul for any violation regardless of what time it happens . . . for example when the pats past the point of no return against the Titans a few years ago and we up like 59-0 brady being in the game past the second possession of the half and in the 3rd qtr would be viewed by me as being just as bad as Brady being in there up by 28 with 3 mins to play . . . the fact that the later happened in the 4th does not matter to me . . .  

Well, Id say your two cents aren't worth a lick. Peyton went out at 11:00 minute mark in the 4th. You seem to forget 6 of those points came from Holliday and another 6 came from a blocked Punt byJohnson. That's 12 points off special teams.

Dont hate Peyton and the offense for being so productive.

I would kindly direct your attention to my recent post to superman and please give my your thoughts on what your opinion on running up the score is? . . . thank you . . . just curious as to what your standard is? . . .

so what is the difference in your mind . . . just curious . . .

What exactly is running up the score in your mind?

For me running up the score is when a team scores unnecessarily . . . that is scoring when one does not need to score in the manner in which one scores . . . if the team is leading big and the game is in hand but they have starter players and are practicing plays for future reference they are not running it up as they are practicing . . . if a team gets the ball late in the game and does not have enough time on the clock to run the clock out and runs out of real estate and runs in the end zone that is not running up the score as there is nothing they can do about it . . . also, I do not worry too much if a team runs a run play or a short pass play, if they are moving the ball so be . . . the manner really does not bother me . . .

for me running up the score would be a situation, which happened to the pats in 2009, when a team is running a fast offense late in a game in over such that they might get another possession at the end of the game, like the Saints did to the pats in 2009, we had put our starters on the sidelines and threw in the towel and the Saints kept their starters in on offense and ran a quick drive to pill on the points and because of this this quick drive they got another possession before the game was over . . . however, this did not bother me as I saw that game as a statement game by the Saints, we have arrived and we are better than some people think we are . . . so to that extent it was not running up the score to run up the score so much, but a point to make a statement . . .

to me I look at running up the score as like a fight in hockey . . . you can beat the heck out of a player and pound him and as long as he is standing the fight can continue . . . but once he yields or falls to the ice and you are on top of him, you gotta stop swinging . . . mano mano fighting is okay if you pound the guy, but hitting while he is down is not, sure there are some that do this . . . similar, if the opponent is trying to win (like Dallas against us in 2007 calling timeouts or Miami getting a pick 6 and the crowd going crazy)  then its fair game to keep swinging . . .

I will say this on this subject though folks . . . I could care less what any one here thinks about running up or not running up the score . . . . I really don't care what standard one uses . . . my only concern is that poster pick a position and stick with it and be consistent regardless if the jersey is the saints, colts, pats, or broncos . . . it is the consistency which I respect among a person's position in life and the inconsistency which I can not respect . . .      

"For me running up the score is when a team scores unnecessarily . . . that is scoring when one does not need to score in the manner in which one scores . . . if the team is leading big and the game is in hand but they have starter players and are practicing plays for future reference they are not running it up as they are practicing"

you dont think they are trying to store while "practicing"?, or for that matter backups are not trying to score thereby running up the score? That phrase is open to to much interpretation, at the end of the day your offense is paid to put points up on the board and if they can do it whether they are down by 3 td's or up by 30's then do it, Also some of you act as if there have never been great comebacks in the NFL

How is playing your last snap in the third quarter running up stats?

I don't even...is this BIZARRO world? bizarro_superman_final.jpg

in 2007 while playing Washington, Brady came in for his second drive of the 2nd half in the third quarter and proceeded to take the pats on a 7 mins+ drive that resulted in a TD . . . I take it you are in agreement that this was okay? 

"For me running up the score is when a team scores unnecessarily . . . that is scoring when one does not need to score in the manner in which one scores . . . if the team is leading big and the game is in hand but they have starter players and are practicing plays for future reference they are not running it up as they are practicing"

you dont think they are trying to store while "practicing"?, or for that matter backups are not trying to score thereby running up the score? That phrase is open to to much interpretation, at the end of the day your offense is paid to put points up on the board and if they can do it whether they are down by 3 td's or up by 30's then do it, Also some of you act as if there have never been great comebacks in the NFL

my only point is that I do not buy just the mere fact that one scores is by definition running up the score . . . there is a reason, and thereby a necessity, to run plays in a real game scrimmage, if that is what you are doing  . . .

which is different if you are just running your ordinary offense in the 4th, or 3rd for that matter  . . . and also too, you should be looking at shorting the game, i.e. fewer possessions  . . . when you are leading there is no need to run a quick hurry up offense, like one would if you are trailing, and thereby trying to get more possessions to get more scores . . . once you are up, you have no need for more possession than necessary, so therefore no need to get them as they are no necessarily, and if you are trying to get more by scoring, you are doing so unnecessarily, and hence one of the examples of my unnecessary scoring . . .

another example is when there is enough real estate left in front of you to run the clock out . . . there is no need to try to score if you have the ball on the opponents 22 with 2 mins to play and no TOs for opponent, just get one first down and take a knee . . . no need to throw the ball inside the 10 and then not have enough play to run out the clock and end up in the endzone . . .

my only point is that I do not buy just the mere fact that one scores is by definition running up the score . . . there is a reason, and thereby a necessity, to run plays in a real game scrimmage, if that is what you are doing  . . .

which is different if you are just running your ordinary offense in the 4th, or 3rd for that matter  . . . and also too, you should be looking at shorting the game, i.e. fewer possessions  . . . when you are leading there is no need to run a quick hurry up offense, like one would if you are trailing, and thereby trying to get more possessions to get more scores . . . once you are up, you have no need for more possession than necessary, so therefore no need to get them as they are no necessarily, and if you are trying to get more by scoring, you are doing so unnecessarily, and hence one of the examples of my unnecessary scoring . . .

another example is when there is enough real estate left in front of you to run the clock out . . . there is no need to try to score if you have the ball on the opponents 22 with 2 mins to play and no TOs for opponent, just get one first down and take a knee . . . no need to throw the ball inside the 10 and then not have enough play to run out the clock and end up in the endzone . . .

Of course unnoticed up here is the fact the Belichick just last week had the offense do a run play on fourth down vs. the Bucs in the red zone which got stopped turning the ball over to the Bucs. No pass and no FG attempt. Left the points on the field.

sorry forgot to address  your practicing point . . . my only point was "practicing" for me would be an exception to the rule . . . if you are practicing a play and some of the plays happening to be long passes or something that is not consisted with shortening the game by taking the play clock down to under 5 seconds each time and/or has a few more pass plays then run plays . . . then the intent is not to score quickly but the act of practicing, that is my only point . . . it simply goes to the intent of the team . . .

I think just run your regular offense no matter if your up by alot or not, if you score then great if not then no big deal, does running your regular offense mean long passes and bombs? well if its there for the taking and you have a wr wide open then you take it, Now could you put your backup in? yes and I'd do that but I wont stop trying to run my offense and take shots if they are there for the taking even if I had my backup in, I would not take my starting QB out just so we dont run up the score anymore either, I'd do it so no injury occurs during the rest of the game. I just dont buy into the dont run up the score because its not the classy thing to do line were not going to a high end ball room with a bunch of rich folks, its football, its ugly, men want to take your head off, there is pride involved on both sides of the ball

no there isn't. Manning sits while brady plays late in games with a huge lead. nothing similar at all

can you give me an example please . . . thank you . . .

just for a reference point .  . . . last year while up by 28 points against Oakland, Manning was under center and started a drive at the 11 min mark of the 4th that resulted FG . . . .  

Copying what Moose of Woe pasted in another thread, drive chart:

4th Quarter

1. Philadelphia Eagles continues ...
  2. 2-13-PHI 17 (15:00) (Shotgun) 7-M.Vick pass short left to 87-B.Celek to PHI 44 for 27 yards (26-R.Moore).
  3. 1-10-PHI 44 (14:25) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Vick pass incomplete deep left to 81-J.Avant.
  4. 2-10-PHI 44 (14:18) (Shotgun) 7-M.Vick pass incomplete short right to 10-D.Jackson.
  5. 3-10-PHI 44 (14:11) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Vick pass incomplete short left to 25-L.McCoy.
  6. 4-10-PHI 44 (14:04) 8-D.Jones punt is BLOCKED by 53-S.Johnson, Center-46-J.Dorenbos, RECOVERED by DEN-53-S.Johnson at PHI 17. 53-S.Johnson for 17 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
  7. Philadelphia Eagles at 13:54
  8. 5-M.Prater kicks 65 yards from DEN 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  9. 1-10-PHI 20 (13:54) (Shotgun) 25-L.McCoy left end pushed ob at PHI 22 for 2 yards (91-R.Ayers).
  10. 2-8-PHI 22 (13:30) (Shotgun) 7-M.Vick pass short middle to 87-B.Celek to PHI 28 for 6 yards (26-R.Moore).
  11. 3-2-PHI 28 (13:09) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Vick pass short left to 81-J.Avant to PHI 35 for 7 yards (32-T.Carter). Penalty on DEN-32-T.Carter, Defensive Holding, declined.
  12. 1-10-PHI 35 (12:53) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-L.McCoy up the middle to PHI 45 for 10 yards (91-R.Ayers).
  13. 1-10-PHI 45 (12:31) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Vick pass deep left to 86-Z.Ertz to DEN 17 for 38 yards (33-D.Ihenacho).
  14. 1-10-DEN 17 (11:59) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Vick pass incomplete deep right to 10-D.Jackson.
  15. 2-10-DEN 17 (11:53) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 34-B.Brown left end pushed ob at DEN 22 for -5 yards (33-D.Ihenacho).
  16. 3-15-DEN 22 (11:21) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Vick sacked at DEN 28 for -6 yards (95-D.Wolfe, 52-W.Woodyard).
  17. 4-21-DEN 28 (10:46) 6-A.Henery 46 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-46-J.Dorenbos, Holder-8-D.Jones.
  18. Denver Broncos at 10:42
  19. 1-10-DEN 36 (10:42) 21-R.Hillman left tackle to DEN 46 for 10 yards (28-E.Wolff).
  20. 1-10-DEN 46 (10:00) (Shotgun) 21-R.Hillman left tackle to DEN 46 for no gain (58-T.Cole; 72-C.Thornton).
  21. 2-10-DEN 46 (9:18) 17-B.Osweiler pass short middle to 87-E.Decker to PHI 49 for 5 yards (59-D.Ryans).
  22. 3-5-PHI 49 (8:36) (Shotgun) 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete short left to 87-E.Decker. PENALTY on PHI-24-B.Fletcher, Defensive Pass Interference, 16 yards, enforced at PHI 49 - No Play.
  23. 1-10-PHI 33 (8:26) 28-M.Ball up the middle to PHI 33 for no gain (90-C.Geathers).
  24. 2-10-PHI 33 (7:48) 28-M.Ball right tackle to PHI 34 for -1 yards (98-C.Barwin).
  25. 3-11-PHI 34 (7:05) (Shotgun) 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete short left to 83-W.Welker.
  26. 4-11-PHI 34 (6:58) 5-M.Prater 53 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-46-A.Brewer, Holder-4-B.Colquitt.

Manning did not take a snap in the entire 4th quarter. The end.

Anything else qualifies for IGNORAMUS :).

I would kindly direct your attention to my recent post to superman and please give my your thoughts on what your opinion on running up the score is? . . . thank you . . . just curious as to what your standard is? . . .

for me, running up a score is playing your starters and pushing to score well into the 4the quarter if your up by 30.

IMO, this game wasn't sealed until the end of the 3rd.

Playing your star players IE: qb, running back, WR, into the 4the or finishing the game driving down the field with throwing is running up a score.

what Brees did was running up the score. Sean Payton was at the helm of it. IMO

no reason not to hand it off and get your backup some game reps.

i noticed that Philly pulled Vick after they saw Manning was out. I guess Chip figured the Broncos had called the game, and proceeded to do the same.

I think just run your regular offense no matter if your up by alot or not, if you score then great if not then no big deal, does running your regular offense mean long passes and bombs? well if its there for the taking and you have a wr wide open then you take it, Now could you put your backup in? yes and I'd do that but I wont stop trying to run my offense and take shots if they are there for the taking even if I had my backup in, I would not take my starting QB out just so we dont run up the score anymore either, I'd do it so no injury occurs during the rest of the game. I just dont buy into the dont run up the score because its not the classy thing to do line were not going to a high end ball room with a bunch of rich folks, its football, its ugly, men want to take your head off, there is pride involved on both sides of the ball

yes I agree with you . . . I don't get too worried about teams scoring in the 4th qtr myself . . . nor do I really care about a long pass necessarily . . . for instance while playing buffalo in 2007 brady threw a long pass to moss as he was opened, I did not care too much about this as they had ran off a bunch of time getting the ball to midfield . . . however I would of had a problem with the possession had it included that long pass and a handful of hurry up plays before it to get the ball to midfield . . . again, is comes back to does the offense need to run this way . . . if and if not, then the should not do it . . .  

there is nothing a team can do about things if they get the ball with 7 mins to play in the 4th, unless they are on there own 5 or something . ..you can not help but score . . . so scoring there does not bother me frankly . . . go ahead and run your offense . . . but if one were to run offense like you are behind, then I have a problem with it . . .

for me, running up a score is playing your starters and pushing to score well into the 4the quarter if your up by 30.

IMO, this game wasn't sealed until the end of the 3rd.

Playing your star players IE: qb, running back, WR, into the 4the or finishing the game driving down the field with throwing is running up a score.

what Brees did was running up the score. Sean Payton was at the helm of it. IMO

no reason not to hand it off and get your backup some game reps.

i noticed that Philly pulled Vick after they saw Manning was out. I guess Chip figured the Broncos had called the game, and proceeded to do the same.

yes I agree with you on your first point . . . I assume your words  "pushing to score" means a team focusing on scoring as opposed to trying to kill the clock on a drive  . . . there is only some much real estate on the field before you run into the goal line 

as for throwing, I am not too concerned about it . . . it really depends on the type of throw, short passes which are an option are fine with me frankly if is what the D gives you, and/or if this is what you need to move the ball (which den had to do a few games ago, so no real worries for me)  . . . I would have a problem with longer throws (unless the WR is wide wide open) . . . and would of had a problem with the pats in the Buf game I mention a few points ago, but they had already taken a lot of time off the clock on that drive, so one long pass did not bother me as much as it was included in a series of other time killing plays . . 

again for me, it is a fluid concept and is based on a case by case basis, there is really no std or chart . . . I like to look at it as mentioned earlier as a past the point of no return where the game is over even though is not mathematically over (i.e. an opponent could recover unlimited onside kicks and score on a hail mary thereby mathematically being capable of scoring 7 points every 15 seconds) . . . just throwing out numbers here: 30 early in the 4th (as you mentioned),  45 midway in the 3rd, 21 late in the 4th, and so on . . . are all really past the point or no return imo . . . so if the starters started this drive I would view it as the same . . .

I am just going to enjoy it, for as long as it lasts....

For all of those that thought he'd never play again.

For all of those that said his arm was rubber.

For all of those who said he'll be done the first time someone hits him...

shall I go on.....???

Just one more thing,  For those of "us" who never gave up on him

I am thrilled for the Season he is having....   

Man, I love watching him Play

Yes it is going to be fun season to watch . . . and there will be more to come in Denver past his year . . . :rock: . . . you all have two teams to cheer for :cheer2:

It is great that Peyton gets to play late in his career with a solid team, as opposed to going to Jax or Oak or someone. . .

Get your popcorn ready for the next 12 games and beyond . . . :popcorn: , its gonna be a fun ride . . .

Great to see Peyton healthy and firing again . . .

i will look after work and get back to

you

just for a reference point . . . . last year while up by 28 points against Oakland, Manning was under center and started a drive at the 11 min mark of the 4th that resulted FG . . . .

in 2007 while playing Washington, Brady came in for his second drive of the 2nd half in the third quarter and proceeded to take the pats on a 7 mins+ drive that resulted in a TD . . . I take it you are in agreement that this was okay? 

Sure, why?

Brady went out in the third quarter against that 59-0 drubbing of the Titans in a snow storm that same year. I don't see the problem. (At least I'm pretty sure that was 2007 as well.)

I don't have double standards with these things. Everyone interprets running up the score differently, though. To me it's when any starting QB is still in the fourth quarter at any given point they're up by a 25ish point margin. 

I can't justify any score as running it up when there are 15 mins or more to play. This is regardless of the score up to that point, as a lot can happen in football.

just for a reference point . . . . last year while up by 28 points against Oakland, Manning was under center and started a drive at the 11 min mark of the 4th that resulted FG . . . .

How about this one. i looked for literally two minutes finding it

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010120600/2010/REG13/jets@patriots

How about this one. i looked for literally two minutes finding it

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010120600/2010/REG13/jets@patriots

^That would be a prime example of running it up to me.

The closest Peyton came to it this year was the Ravens game with his 7 Touchdowns. Even then, the Broncos were up by 18 going in to the fourth. The Ravens continued to fight and scored 10 points, the Broncos responded with 14 in the 4th quarter. Nothing wrong with that.

There was the Giants game where, thanks to ref Gene Steratore, the Giants had 16 points instead of zero going in to the fourth. The Broncos had 24 going in to the fourth. 8 point difference. If Steratore weren't so determined to screw over Denver, the game would have been 31-0 going in to the fourth and Manning wouldn't have played a snap. Can't have the "Manning Bowl" with only one Manning playing all game, though.

The Raiders was 30-14 going in to the fourth. Both teams got a TD in the fourth, with the Raiders doing it first.

I think he owed Chip Kelly and Michael Vick one.

Michael Vick, in his comeback year, and the Eagles in 2010 came off a bye week to face the Colts coming off a MNF game, same short week and the Colts lost a close game with Collie getting the first of his many concussions to come. Peyton was a bit irritated at the NFL doing that to the Colts and said so at that time. He said the same thing following the MNF game vs Raiders this week too, so Chip Kelly said we will play him in the parking lot if he had to. Chip Kelly actually was a bit justified because the Eagles played 3 games in 11 days, so the 10 day rest was like the NFL rewarding them. It did not seem to matter though.

I saw this spanking coming from a mile away. :)

The game did end 52-20, right? Once it got to 49, instead of just running and giving the ball back to the Eagles, the new OC Adam Gase is aggressive and felt the best way to burn clock was to throw instead of run. Maybe if the Broncos running game was top notch, they may be able to run the clock by running but it is not, IMO. So, get a FG, burn time, and then take Peyton off. Sounds good to me.

To the bolded, it did, but Manning didn't play the final quarter. Osweiler only attempted three passes. So they weren't being aggressive with their offensive play calling. 

Manning might have had it out for the Eagles, but I think he's on a kind of vendetta tour anyways. I've never seen him start a season with this kind of intensity. They haven't played a good defense yet, but usually the offenses take a couple of weeks to get going. Not this year.

lol. 35-13 was not enough against that team?! I guess we saw two different Eagles teams. Like I said, I have no issue with putting up points. THat is what Manning is supposed to do every time he has the ball. Good for him but he runs it up with the best of them. Always has. Mostly because he is that good and even better with that cast around him this year.

Have you never seen a team come back from a three touchdown deficit in a quarter and a half? We've seen teams come back from that kind of deficit in half a quarter. And we've seen this Eagles team score points in bunches. Many times we've seen teams look like trash in the first half, then come back to make a game out of the second half. A team scoring three or even four touchdowns in a quarter plus is nowhere near unprecedented. So no, 35-13 isn't enough, not with 23 minutes left in the game.

I don't really have a big issue with running up the score. I don't like it, but I'm not one who goes on a crusade when I see it happen. I didn't start this ridiculous thread. But to me, there's a difference between putting the game away, and rubbing it in. To me, Manning's final possession put the game away. It used up half of the third quarter, and ended in a touchdown, and then he sat for the rest of the game. Everything that happened after that is immaterial; the Broncos had already pulled their starting quarterback.

To the bolded, it did, but Manning didn't play the final quarter. Osweiler only attempted three passes. So they weren't being aggressive with their offensive play calling. 

Manning might have had it out for the Eagles, but I think he's on a kind of vendetta tour anyways. I've never seen him start a season with this kind of intensity. They haven't played a good defense yet, but usually the offenses take a couple of weeks to get going. Not this year.

Broncos have playmakers all over the place from big playmakers to solid vets combine that with having Manning as your QB and nothing but average to below average offenses with a couple bad defenses mixed in and ya have a recipe for Manning to feast on the opposing team like he has been doing, I look for his stats to come back down to earth vs the Cowboys if Romo has an efficient game keeping Manning off the field and that new look defense can get some pressure

Broncos have playmakers all over the place from big playmakers to solid vets combine that with having Manning as your QB and nothing but average to below average offenses with a couple bad defenses mixed in and ya have a recipe for Manning to feast on the opposing team like he has been doing, I look for his stats to come back down to earth vs the Cowboys if Romo has an efficient game keeping Manning off the field and that new look defense can get some pressure

Manning is going to carve that Tampa two up. Look for four or five more tds next week

Manning is going to carve that Tampa two up. Look for four or five more tds next week

I don't doubt the Bronco's offense, but their defense is a concern without a pass rush against a decent QB like Romo.

On the plus side, Von Miller should be back after the Cowboys game provided the Broncos kept him locked in the boiler room like they were supposed to.

I love, love, LOVE the debate here. Good to see that most are keeping their heads and are consistent with what they were saying about the '07 Patriots. But I also knew, after week 1, that this would eventually come up with the Broncos.

It's probably not the last week that they'll be piling on huge leads, either. I'm just so very entertained listening to the rationales and strategy breakdown. And while most are consistent, some of you are doing everything possible to disassociate Manning with such Patriot-esque behavior. 

There's a difference between sealing the game and running up the score.

Of course there is! If it's Peyton Manning (for some of you), it's sealing the game, if it's Brady, then it's GOT to be running up the score!" LOL...

Personally I love it and mean no disrespect here. I'm genuinely entertained by the backpedaling. Let 'em win every game by 100 points. These aren't kids. They're professional football players.