Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

niners are 10 point favorites

Stephen

Well considering that the Denver Game is considered an away game  Peyton has played more games here than in Mile High so would that give him an advantage right  :???:   

haha, yeah very very good point...........  Didn't think about that one.  :thinking: .  LOS is pretty much his home away from his new home.  Fortunately, for the rest of the team it's a different story.   Although it really didn't matter much when they went to NY.

haha, yeah very very good point...........  Didn't think about that one.  :thinking: .  LOS is pretty much his home away from his new home.  Fortunately, for the rest of the team it's a different story.   Although it really didn't matter much when they went to NY.

I have a feeling that it won't matter where they play this year. haha  Looking pretty strong right out of the gate so far. :thmup:

I have a feeling that it won't matter where they play this year. haha Looking pretty strong right out of the gate so far. :thmup:

Yep, they are looking strong on all fronts. I picked them and Seattle in the SB w Den winning before the start of the season. I picked Den to win primarily due to my biasm, could go either way but I'm sticking w the Broncos.

Idk if anyone realizes but SF had averaged 30+ points allowed over their last 8 games. So much for a stellar defense.

They are good not invincible.

Ironically enough, we may have to play the time of possession, ball control type of game that for so many years teams played against us to keep the ball out of Kapernicks hands.

They were playing the Seahawks. At home. They get a free pass lol.

Lol....like Colt fans would give their own team a pass after scoring 3 points in the road. There would not only be what exists right now....trades....cuts.......firings......and all, but there would be new owner.....move the team.....and what have you.

ummm, they were playing a team who has a very very good defense. honestly Seattle has by far the best defense in the NFL not to mention the best all around team in the NFL. San Fran getting handled like they did comes to no surprise, especially in Seattle. Will it happen again in the bay area? prob not but Seattle will win the division and prob only lose 3 or 4 games all year. as far as us playing san Fran, we will get torn to pieces if we keep falling a sleep out there. the offense is non existent in the second half for the 2nd straight week . we are the redskins but in the second half. 

Redskins = no offense in the first half but are on fire in the second half

Colts = alive in the first half, no where to be found in the second half. 

Colts have to play 4 qtr football and not one half football not to mention the defense needs to play better if we are going to beat the niners. giving up 41 points in two games is crazy. then again so far this has been a weird football season

If we went to Seattle and only scored 3 points then many Colts fans would start predicting a 1-15 season. 

Think of it this way; Seattle gave us the blueprint. 

Lol....like Colt fans would give their own team a pass after scoring 3 points in the road. There would not only be what exists right now....trades....cuts.......firings......and all, but there would be new owner.....move the team.....and what have you.

I agree. Any teams fans would be livid if they only scored 3 pts. But strangely, the niner fans aren't imploding as much as one might think. Probably because they know they are good. Stuff happens on the road to the super bowl. just ask the Giants.

Yep, I'm sure some would petition for the return of the franchise to Baltimore if that ever happened haha But then Jacksonville would have to give up their team and the Indianapolis Tigers would be born. And all over three points lol

I agree. Any teams fans would be livid if they only scored 3 pts. But strangely, the niner fans aren't imploding as much as one might think. Probably because they know they are good. Stuff happens on the road to the super bowl. just ask the Giants.

I could give the Colts a free pass if they had to go to Seattle and play in the rain.  The 49ers are still very good.  Seattle beat them at the end of the year last season 42-13 yet they still went on to being 1 play away from SB champs.

If we went to Seattle and only scored 3 points then many Colts fans would start predicting a 1-15 season. 

Think of it this way; Seattle gave us the blueprint. 

honestly i think Seattle has the team to go undefeated. I think this Seattle team could prob beat the 72 Dolphins, they are a  complete team offensively, defensively and special teams. they are scary good. so if we went to seattle and lost 50-3 I wouldnt say we would go 1-15, not after losing to Seattle 

Then there will be lots of money to be made. Do you really think the Raiders will get within 14 of the Broncos?

not sure, but I never said I did...

not really, those teams have better defenses then ours. bright side so far is we rank 5th in the NFL in Rushing lol. when was the last time we were ranked that high after two games lol. 

point was it is pretty crazy that one weekend sees 5 games with such large spreads...

honestly i think Seattle has the team to go undefeated. I think this Seattle team could prob beat the 72 Dolphins, they are a  complete team offensively, defensively and special teams. they are scary good. so if we went to seattle and lost 50-3 I wouldnt say we would go 1-15, not after losing to Seattle 

While I think they are good, I don't think their offense is that good. They have a great running game, but Wilson is still going through growing pains and their WR's aren't much to balk at. 

LOL.

I don't care if they were playing the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens. When a team only scores 3 points, it should not be favored by 10 the following week.

Well of the 7 sports books in Vegas I'm looking at , 5 have gone to 10 1/2. Your assertion that a team that scores 3 points shouldn't be favored by 10 the following week just has no basis and I would "bet" that you probably have never placed a bet with a sports book in your life. 

Well of the 7 sports books in Vegas I'm looking at , 5 have gone to 10 1/2. Your assertion that a team that scores 3 points shouldn't be favored by 10 the following week just has no basis and I would "bet" that you probably have never placed a bet with a sports book in your life.

lmao.

you were off by 4 points.

Yes, I was very much off. They played great. It is hard to believe that they were so lackluster in the first two games and came out and played like that. They had a great game plan, they stayed with it and they just took it to the niners. There should have been lots of game balls given out for that one.

Edited by Superman

another positive about the win, this guy won't be posting here all week

Sure I will and I will be admitting that I was wrong. The staff and the players all did their very best and it showed. It was a great pleasure to watch. I hope they keep that approach up.

Edited by Superman

haha I just like that what you called no basis for. He saw something correctly in.

Pretty lame . What he said that a team that only scored 3 points should never be a 10 point favorite the following week . I've been sports betting for about 40 years and that is not something that is a "categorical" fact. The line opened there and actually went to from 10 to 10.5 during the week. So people and institutions that bet huge amounts of money on this game thought the line was solid after 5 days of betters going over it. My point was that the line was solid. I never said that the Colts couldn't cover or win the game. It's very difficult to explain betting lines , probabilities and odds to people who don't bet or understand them. So I'll just leave it at that.  

haha I just like that what you called no basis for. He saw something correctly in.

Giving it some more thought you were both right. What he was trying to say was it was a bad line and the 49er's shouldn't have been 10 point favorites . He probably didn't state it well just citing that they scored 3 points the week before , but it is what he meant. I shouldn't have bothered to reply to the post to begin with and I should adfmit that that's probably what he meant and he was right. If we covered the spread by a couple of points , it would be one thing but we won by 20 and dominated them. So yea.. my bad.