Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

niners are 10 point favorites

Stephen

Seems reasonable start point. Not many outside the state of Indiana think the Colts will be only a play or big break away from taking the W as the clock ticks to Zero.  Colts D is not Seahawks, and the 49'ers crowd will be cheering for them, not that menacing 12th man in the Pacific Northwest.  This game will test the growth of not just the players, but the coaching staff as well.  By the end of these next 4 games, I'll pretty much know what I can hope for the rest of this year.

Not surprised, the way the Seahawks beat on the 49ers their gonna be fired up and ready to blow us out. Even though the Seahawks won Wilson had a bad game. Luck will have to have the game of his career for us to win and the defense will need to force 3+ turnovers. I've never felt less confident going into a game then this week vs the 49ers, this game could get out of hand.

So far, our defense has let a QB (Pryor) run wild against us, and another QB pass for over 300 yards. We haven't shown success against a running QB or a good pocket passer. Next week, we face Kaepernick, who is good at both running and passing. The 10 points looks about right.

So far, our defense has let a QB (Pryor) run wild against us, and another QB pass for over 300 yards. We haven't shown success against a running QB or a good pocket passer. Next week, we face Kaepernick, who is good at both running and passing. The 10 points looks about right.

Especially after Kaepernick lit the Seahawks up yesterday.

Especially after Kaepernick lit the Seahawks up yesterday.

Hey Guys, no need to worry. Problem solved! According to BlueShoe, we don't have to worry about Keapernick since he couldn't light up Seattle's D. Therefor, for sure he's not going to light up our D. I'm so relieved now. Sarcasm off.

Woa. Slow down. It's been 2 games.

They played 16 last year.  And they're actually without two of their better pass rushers right now.  And they were without a starting CB against the niners.  For some reason they never get any press because they play somewhere in the northwest territories.

Alot of people think they'll have a special defense.  I'm not looking forward to playing them in a few weeks.

Hey Guys, no need to worry. Problem solved! According to BlueShoe, we don't have to worry about Keapernick since he couldn't light up Seattle's D. Therefor, for sure he's not going to light up our D. I'm so relieved now. Sarcasm off.

Hey Guys and Gals, be very worried, Flash777 and others are saying that we don't have a chance to win so there is no reason to even make the flight. 

They played 16 last year.  And they're actually without two of their better pass rushers right now.  And they were without a starting CB against the niners.  For some reason they never get any press because they play somewhere in the northwest territories.

Alot of people think they'll have a special defense.  I'm not looking forward to playing them in a few weeks.

When did I say the Seattle defense was bad? I said, they are not in the same league as the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens. 

Makes prefect sense, especially since the 49ers only scored 3 points last night.

ummm, they were playing a team who has a very very good defense. honestly Seattle has by far the best defense in the NFL not to mention the best all around team in the NFL. San Fran getting handled like they did comes to no surprise, especially in Seattle. Will it happen again in the bay area? prob not but Seattle will win the division and prob only lose 3 or 4 games all year. as far as us playing san Fran, we will get torn to pieces if we keep falling a sleep out there. the offense is non existent in the second half for the 2nd straight week . we are the redskins but in the second half. 

Redskins = no offense in the first half but are on fire in the second half

Colts = alive in the first half, no where to be found in the second half. 

Colts have to play 4 qtr football and not one half football not to mention the defense needs to play better if we are going to beat the niners. giving up 41 points in two games is crazy. then again so far this has been a weird football season

ummm, they were playing a team who has a very very good defense. honestly Seattle has by far the best defense in the NFL not to mention the best all around team in the NFL. San Fran getting handled like they did comes to no surprise, especially in Seattle. Will it happen again in the bay area? prob not but Seattle will win the division and prob only lose 3 or 4 games all year. as far as us playing san Fran, we will get torn to pieces if we keep falling a sleep out there. the offense is non existent in the second half for the 2nd straight week . we are the redskins but in the second half.

Redskins = no offense in the first half but are on fire in the second half

Colts = alive in the first half, no where to be found in the second half.

Colts have to play 4 qtr football and not one half football not to mention the defense needs to play better if we are going to beat the niners. giving up 41 points in two games is crazy. then again so far this has been a weird football season

unlike the redskins we haven't been 30 points behind in the second half. I'm sure our offense would torch some prevent defense as well

unlike the redskins we haven't been 30 points behind in the second half. I'm sure our offense would torch some prevent defense as well

luckily we havent. but if our defense plays like it has the last two games against average teams (Miami and Oakland) next week against San Fran on the road, we will be down 30 points. defensive struggle could be caused by the lack of offense we have in the second half, or it could be, because we have overrated this defense just a little. especially our secondary. and our rush defense really isnt all that good against read option, and pryor exposed that last week. so Pagano and that defense have a lot of work to do between now and sunday to fix the situation. 

I am taking the Niners at that level. I would not be surprised for this to be a 24 point beat down.

I absolutely have to believe this... Prior to the beginning of this season I had for sure loses picked and wins, of course I did not pick the Colts to lose to the Dolphins, and I'm no expert, but the three I had no doubt in my mind the Colts were going to lose to were, the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. I figured the rest were close games. Denver to be the biggest blowout, followed by the 49ers then the Seahawks- no matter how they played yesterday. I think there is no way, playing like they did in the first two, that they go on to beat one of the best teams in football right now. Maybe if their schedule wasn't as tough as it is, I could say there might be a possibility, but I think no. But maybe the Colts need to play against a tough team. Maybe it'll help them grow together and be more dominate, and be better prepared for games like Seahawks and Broncos. I liked how the Colt Defense came out after the Half, they were really on top of things and looked like a great defense. If they could find a way to start the game off with the mindset thy had at that point of the game, they would have won by a lot. The offense shut down there and had too many costly penalties. They have to reduce the number of those. The Colts take away even just one of the penalties in the red zone and Colts would have won, with the way the defense kicked it up a notch in the second half. All I can say, this 49ers vs Colts game, will be hard to watch. Remember their playing in San Francisco.

Ok maybe not by 24 points but it will be at least two maybe three touchdowns.

Any given Sunday.  It's not like it would shock me by any mean is the Colts beat the Niners.  If they play good, they can.  They made a very good point on 1070 the fan earlier, at least it's better to play teams like Denver and Seattle @ home vs the road even though they will still be favored.  San Fransisco,  welp that's a different story but I'm sure both teams will be playing intense.  The Dolphins game was one play from turning in the Colts favor and they're a team that's looking like thus far will contend with the Patriots for the division crown.  Heck we lost to the Jags last season, :funny: .  With a much tougher schedule though, I can see why it is somewhat worrisome.  We see highly favored teams take massive dumps year in and year out.  Heck SF took a dump last night but unfortunately I cannot foresee it happening twice :groan:  

Any given Sunday.  It's not like it would shock me by any mean is the Colts beat the Niners.  If they play good, they can.  They made a very good point on 1070 the fan earlier, at least it's better to play teams like Denver and Seattle @ home vs the road even though they will still be favored.  San Fransisco,  welp that's a different story but I'm sure both teams will be playing intense.  The Dolphins game was one play from turning in the Colts favor and they're a team that's looking like thus far will contend with the Patriots for the division crown.  Heck we lost to the Jags last season, :funny: .  With a much tougher schedule though, I can see why it is somewhat worrisome.  We see highly favored teams take massive dumps year in and year out.  Heck SF took a dump last night but unfortunately I cannot foresee it happening twice :groan:  

Well considering that the Denver Game is considered an away game  Peyton has played more games here than in Mile High so would that give him an advantage right  :???:   

Negative as ever in here. I never go into the game thinking its a loss let alone a blowout.

I'm glad we have quite a few wearing the Blue shades and drinking the blue Kool-Aid.  Keeps me from getting too dogmatic and thinking there just may really be a Raibow and Unicorns iskandhidden in the trpics.  :)

Even if the situation looks bleak, I know the parity in the NFL is enough to never give up all hope, never. If another team is better, make them prove it and earn the hard way.  Go Colts!