Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts game not on tv in the south bend market

jvan1973

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me so mad. I saw that Direct TV has a free Sunday Ticket weekend so maybe I can watch it on there... Its so dumb that South Bend does this. I wish I could pick which local stations I get. Really puts a bad taste in your mouth after waiting all offseason for week 1 and I cant even watch my Colts and I live in Indiana. REDICULOUS!!!

It makes me so mad. I saw that Direct TV has a free Sunday Ticket weekend so maybe I can watch it on there... Its so dumb that South Bend does this. I wish I could pick which local stations I get. Really puts a bad taste in your mouth after waiting all offseason for week 1 and I cant even watch my Colts and I live in Indiana. REDICULOUS!!!

Don't feel bad...I lived south of Columbus, and it was Bengals every week.  Lucky for me it was the 2-14 debacle year.....I still have nightmares :)

Look on the bright side you get to see Jerry Hughes get 'vengeance' on the Pats. :lol::spit::funny: :nfl: :nfl:

Well, I guess there are positives.

I can see Josh Boyce, Aaron Williams, Marquise Goodwin, & Jerry Hughes

Alot of Texas players I can watch. But still the game is gonna be a blowout

the problem for us colts fans is there are more bears fans than colts fans uphere. They really have no choice.

I think I'll get the Patriots game. I really have to sit and watch the Bills get dismantled :facepalm:

That's at best the 4th most attractive CBS 1:00 game (lower if you count Fox) - why do you think you'll get it? Of course the Colts game is even worse.

What's your "home" market - Redskins? Does Fox lean towards putting on Panthers games?

That's at best the 4th most attractive CBS 1:00 game (lower if you count Fox) - why do you think you'll get it? Of course the Colts game is even worse.

What's your "home" market - Redskins? Does Fox lean towards putting on Panthers games?

Here in Virginia so the Fox team is Redskins and cbs is Ravens. Neither play Sunday so patriots are usually who they give us if the 2 local teams aren't playing.

After the Patriots, it's the Steelers and eagles since Pennsylvania is north

Here in Virginia so the Fox team is Redskins and cbs is Ravens. Neither play Sunday so patriots are usually who they give us if the 2 local teams aren't playing.

After the Patriots, it's the Steelers and eagles since Pennsylvania is north

I feel like we pretty much get NFC East on Fox, and the AFC North on CBS. I'm closer to Charlotte than D.C., and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I saw a Panthers game on local tv.

I feel like we pretty much get NFC East on Fox, and the AFC North on CBS. I'm closer to Charlotte than D.C., and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I saw a Panthers game on local tv.

Exactly. That's how it is. It's sad honestly. Price of being a loyal fan to the colts though

SON OF A B!!! i hate that. i know technically we are closer to Chicago, up here in SB/Mishawaka, but cmon, its INDIANA for godsake. Us south benders need to get together at the kilt or somewhere and watch it on their sunday ticket.

I'm going to the wings etc in Elkhart

Sometimes fox 28 will show the Colts if the Bears preempt them on 22... This might only be if Indy is playing the NFC, though... It really makes me mad because every cable provider in the South Bend area also offers the Chicago channels, and you can get them all with a digital antennea as well... There is never any reason for WSBT to show the Bears. I hope everybody else has complained to the station as fervently as I have. I hate having to go to a packed bar or wings place to watch the Colts... any other team, IDC, but I have to cuss and get loud watching Indy and I don't like to do that around so many drunk ppl.

Sometimes fox 28 will show the Colts if the Bears preempt them on 22... This might only be if Indy is playing the NFC, though... It really makes me mad because every cable provider in the South Bend area also offers the Chicago channels, and you can get them all with a digital antennea as well... There is never any reason for WSBT to show the Bears. I hope everybody else has complained to the station as fervently as I have. I hate having to go to a packed bar or wings place to watch the Colts... any other team, IDC, but I have to cuss and get loud watching Indy and I don't like to do that around so many drunk ppl.

they would get more complaints if they didn't air the bears game

Could be worse. I'm down here in Memphis now and they show more Cowboys and Rams games than they do the Titans. Especially if they're playing an AFC opponent. haha

Maybe that's some kind of NFL "mercy rule".  I'm in Nashville and had a tragic incident last week.  I left my pair of Titans season tickets on my dashboard and ran in to a store for a few minutes.  When I returned I found my windshield smashed and there were FOUR Titans season tickets on my dash. That was just plain cruel!

It is not ridiculous when you think about it.  There is more of a market there for Bears games then Colts games so the local affiliate is going to show what will put more eyes on the TV. It just sucks that there is more demand for Bears games than Colts game up there.  

The Bears just have a bigger fanbase than ours. Irsay just needs to work harder to make more of an impact up there.

It is not ridiculous when you think about it. There is more of a market there for Bears games then Colts games so the local affiliate is going to show what will put more eyes on the TV. It just sucks that there is more demand for Bears games than Colts game up there.

The Bears just have a bigger fanbase than ours. Irsay just needs to work harder to make more of an impact up there.

the fan base is coming along up here. Mainly youngsters. This area has been bears country long before the colts moved to Indy. But, the colts fan base is growing