Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts game not on tv in the south bend market

jvan1973

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tough

I'm guessing that since the Bears are playing an AFC team, the Colts wont be on in Chicago as well as South bend, right?

So its a No-Colts Sunday..

have to root for the Bears to give Cincy a loss

yeah, it won't be on in the Chicago area on cbs. I'll be at a watering hole watching though

It makes me so mad. I saw that Direct TV has a free Sunday Ticket weekend so maybe I can watch it on there... Its so dumb that South Bend does this. I wish I could pick which local stations I get. Really puts a bad taste in your mouth after waiting all offseason for week 1 and I cant even watch my Colts and I live in Indiana. REDICULOUS!!!

What is even more ridiculous is you can't get pacer games in south bend. It's all Chicago crap up there. Very frustrating. Although at least there is a bdubs in Mishawaka near all the hotels.

It makes me so mad. I saw that Direct TV has a free Sunday Ticket weekend so maybe I can watch it on there... Its so dumb that South Bend does this. I wish I could pick which local stations I get. Really puts a bad taste in your mouth after waiting all offseason for week 1 and I cant even watch my Colts and I live in Indiana. REDICULOUS!!!

I have a few friends and ex business associates who live in the South Bend and farther west over to Hobart and East Chicago area. Most of them get the sunday ticket for the Colts games or wait a couple of games into the season and get a cut rate. I know none of them are happy with living in Indiana and not able to see the Colts. Some of the more die hard fans up in that area pool together and drive south far enough to pick up the game on TV and rent a cheap motel room for the day and play poker all day while watching the game. I have been known to drive up there myself just to make a crazy day out of it.

Maybe that's some kind of NFL "mercy rule".  I'm in Nashville and had a tragic incident last week.  I left my pair of Titans season tickets on my dashboard and ran in to a store for a few minutes.  When I returned I found my windshield smashed and there were FOUR Titans season tickets on my dash. That was just plain cruel!

Now that is funny. Off subject a little but my brother lives in Portland TN. and is a die hard Colts fan. He painted the south side of his barn Colts blue and a big white horseshoe on it. Now he has quite a few bullet holes in his barn. That would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous. But I tried to warn him because he is surrounded by guys who look like Larry the Cable guy and Duck Dynasty. 

i get annoyed that indy is still a secondary bears market. we get them every week that the crazy nfl tv rules don't prohibit it. i couldn't care less about the #$#@ bears 

Enh they are really the only NFC team close to us.  I guess Detroit kinda is but as much as I like train wrecks I would rather watch the Bears than the Lions.  When Peyton was here it seemed the like the Giants were the NFC team Indy got a lot, not that I complain because the Giants are my second favorite team behind the Colts.  We also get a lot of Packers games.  As for the AFC if the Colts aren't on it's the Bengals or a bad AFC South match up, although I noticed last year it was the Broncos for pretty obvious reasons. 

Yeah, lucky for you. I have Comcast as the cable provider

TK in Indiana I got an E-Mail from Comcast of a special for 4.95 a month you could get a Sports Package which had NFL Red Zone and it would be for 6 months. Maybe they have that special where your at. :dunno:

TK in Indiana I got an E-Mail from Comcast of a special for 4.95 a month you could get a Sports Package which had NFL Red Zone and it would be for 6 months. Maybe they have that special where your at. :dunno:

We changed our 'bundle' and Red Zone came with it...I may be checking it out.  That is of course on a commercial :)

We changed our 'bundle' and Red Zone came with it...I may be checking it out.  That is of course on a commercial :)

Well I get NFL in my bundle but I don't think I get Red Zone and haven't decided  if it's worth the extra yet. I'm not sure what the Red Zone is exactly. :dunno:

Well I get NFL in my bundle but I don't think I get Red Zone and haven't decided  if it's worth the extra yet. I'm not sure what the Red Zone is exactly. :dunno:

Anytime teams get inside the 20....it shows that game is what I have thought it to be....not positive.  I pretty much care only about our Colts most of the time the game is on....other than around playoffs.....

Sports bar.

If you live in the south bend market the game will not be in TV because the bears are playing an afc team. I dont have a link, but they said it on the news

If you have Direct Tv, Sunday ticket is a free preview weekend this week, so you can actually get ALL of the games free this week!  I live in Alabama and I always get the Colts games, I pay for sunday ticket just to make sure I do... lol

If you live in the south bend market the game will not be in TV because the bears are playing an afc team. I dont have a link, but they said it on the news

Oh, I live in Alabama, but I'm actually from South Bend... lol   I joined the military and when I got out, took a job down here in Alabam-istan... lol

It is not ridiculous when you think about it.  There is more of a market there for Bears games then Colts games so the local affiliate is going to show what will put more eyes on the TV. It just sucks that there is more demand for Bears games than Colts game up there.  

The Bears just have a bigger fanbase than ours. Irsay just needs to work harder to make more of an impact up there.

It's just location. The Fox affiliate in Springfield shows the Rams.

I buy Sunday ticket every year so that's good for me because I'm out in the west. I bought madden with the code for this years directv offer for free to watch online or on mobile devices but I won't be using it...prob put it up on eBay or something for like half what the game really costs since the price was so inflated. Since I have Sunday ticket no need for the other one really.

Hope all us fans can find a way to see the game! GO COLTS

Ahh crap.  

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do a sports bar because of the baby.  I think my wife might be working that day, so I have to take care of him.  

Guess I'm listening on the radio.

Crap and I was really looking forward to seeing the Colt's crush the Raiders to help me get over my depression after Iowa State crushes my Hawkeyes.  

Edit: I'm gonna see what I can do I might be able to go to a sports bar if my wife isn't working.  Who knows, might even be able to if she is.  Grandpa and Grandma are always asking to babysit.

For anyone that lives in the area I just looked it up and "Between the Buns" is promising to carry it.  If I get the chance I'll probably go there.  

http://www.betweenthebuns.com/only1.html

I'm going to the wings etc in Elkhart

The one on county road 6?  It's a bit further of a drive (considering I'm in the country between New Carlisle and South Bend) but I might make it a point to go out there if I even can.  I'm not yet sure I'll be able to go someplace yet, it depends on if I someone will take care of the baby so I can see the game.  

It's too bad too because I just bought him Colt's onesies in anticipation of the game and the season.  

The one on county road 6? It's a bit further of a drive (considering I'm in the country between New Carlisle and South Bend) but I might make it a point to go out there if I even can. I'm not yet sure I'll be able to go someplace yet, it depends on if I someone will take care of the baby so I can see the game.

It's too bad too because I just bought him Colt's onesies in anticipation of the game and the season.

i can go to the wings in oc. have you been there?

i can go to the wings in oc. have you been there?

Havn't really been to any of them, just looking up their locations on Google, this one is on McKinley right? That one is closer to me.

I've never actually watched a game at a sports bar before, I typically just watch it at home.  Are there typically lots of Colt's fans there when the game isn't broadcast locally?

Let me get back to you once I know what is actually going on Sunday, I should be able to know by tomorrow if I have to take care of the baby or not.  If I don't get back to you just do what you where going to do anyways and go to the one on County Rd. 6.

Just keep an eye out for this guy.  

971393_10100324575282412_534081390_n.jpg

PC/sports bar aside, you could always use...

Football on your phooooooooooooooooooone........

Yeah.

It's for football on your phone, so now's your chance.

To have football in your phone and football in your pants.

Look at this guy, using his phone as a phone

You're phone ain't for callin'

Your phone's for footballin'