Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Lefeged

ColtJ82

Haven't heard anything about Joe Lefeged this preseason. I don't believe he has played. Was he out with injury? Anyone have any updates? 

Last I heard was when he was running a 40 for having a .40. Everything just went quiet with him. Was he in training camp?

I think he had a calf injury during the Bills game I believe?

OK, so he actually participated in camp and has played? It has been extremely quiet on his front and I couldn't find anything online. I wasn't able to attend camp this year either.

His chances of making this team do not look good right now. 

i completely disagree.  His absence on special teams has been extremely noticeable and our backup safeties (until Boyett is healthy) are garbage.

We dont need to cut him, we need him to get healthy.

i completely disagree.  His absence on special teams has been extremely noticeable and our backup safeties (until Boyett is healthy) are garbage.

We dont need to cut him, we need him to get healthy.

Agreed. We don't need to cut the captain of ST.

We have improved at the safety position and someone will have to be cut. We have Lefeged, Asante, Brown, Howell, Landry, and Bethea. 6 players for 4 positions. Landry and  Bethea are the starters. Brown and Lefeged were the gunners on ST last year. Howell has looked good on defense and ST this preseason. Asante ran an int back for a td against the Browns. Cutting two will be hard.

At this point I'd go with Howell or Asante over Lefeged, If we keep Lefeged then your burning a roster spot do to Lefegeds upcoming (supposedly....not sure anything has been handed down yet) suspension at a position that wont have much depth anyway, I figure we keep 4 Safeties 1 behind Landry and Bethea, if you keep Lefeged then your wasting a spot that could be filled with a player that can actually come in and play if Landry or Bethea get hurt which means we would have to get a FA Safety off the street since Boyett wont be playing anytime soon, I think Howell and Asante earned it, If either look bad, Fine cut one or both of them next year (they wont see alot of playing time anyway except on special teams barring injury) and if Boyett is healthy then you have a solid backup (potentially)

Haven't heard anything about Joe Lefeged this preseason. I don't believe he has played. Was he out with injury? Anyone have any updates? 

Last I heard was when he was running a 40 for having a .40. Everything just went quiet with him. Was he in training camp?

Yeah he's had some nagging injuries..

Good news is that he returned to practice last week..

I expect him to see a lot of reps this last game.

Not yet.

I don't believe he will, I can name a lot of players to have their run in with police and not be suspended by the NFL.

First to 1959, unless something actually comes from the charges that were filed against him I seriously doubt the league will step in and suspend Lefedge.

Second to HtownColt, while this has happened on plenty of occasions, the team can still impose a "suspension" itself, and not have to have the NFL do it.  My guess is nothing will come of it, and if he makes the 53 as soon as he's healthy enough he'll see time on the field.

First to 1959, unless something actually comes from the charges that were filed against him I seriously doubt the league will step in and suspend Lefedge.

Second to HtownColt, while this has happened on plenty of occasions, the team can still impose a "suspension" itself, and not have to have the NFL do it.  My guess is nothing will come of it, and if he makes the 53 as soon as he's healthy enough he'll see time on the field.

Right, he was just stupid for running. He had a permit for the gun, just not in DC. MD And DC are basically the same area. He just panicked when stopped.

At least that's what's my understanding.

Second to HtownColt, while this has happened on plenty of occasions, the team can still impose a "suspension" itself, and not have to have the NFL do it. My guess is nothing will come of it, and if he makes the 53 as soon as he's healthy enough he'll see time on the field.

The team already sat and talked with him, so if the team was going to suspend him they would have announced that already. But yea he will be playing once that calf is good to go

We have improved at the safety position and someone will have to be cut. We have Lefeged, Asante, Brown, Howell, Landry, and Bethea. 6 players for 4 positions. Landry and  Bethea are the starters. Brown and Lefeged were the gunners on ST last year. Howell has looked good on defense and ST this preseason. Asante ran an int back for a td against the Browns. Cutting two will be hard.

Which is why Lefeged will have a tough time making the team. His best chance is to be put on PUP. He has not played, while others have, and he was not that good to begin with.