Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the top 100

CR91

I don't get this list at all. You can't tell me two rookie qbs are the best 40 players in the league today especially when you have guys that have done it for so long for so many years and have got it done on the biggest stage ala Eli and big Ben. Also I don't like how romo doesn't make the list. The guy almost threw for 5000 yards and yet Dennis pitta makes this list. This list makes no sense at all.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason why Romo likely did not make the list at least yet is his numbers are very good usually but when it counts he dont get the job done...Not all his fault though, They have to improve that O Line

The reason why Romo likely did not make the list at least yet is his numbers are very good usually but when it counts he dont get the job done...Not all his fault though, They have to improve that O Line

But does pitta deserve to be on this list instead of romo

I think they said on NFLN that Romo has more 4th quarter comebacks in the past 2-3 years than any other QB. I get your point, though. He's not getting the Cowboys to the playoffs, but I have to wonder sometimes how much of that is his fault.

I don't get this list at all. You can't tell me two rookie qbs are the best 40 players in the league today especially when you have guys that have done it for so long for so many years and have got it done on the biggest stage ala Eli and big Ben. Also I don't like how romo doesn't make the list. The guy almost threw for 5000 yards and yet Dennis pitta makes this list. This list makes no sense at all.

This list was for the players from one season, not for players who have done it for so many years and have gotten done on a big stage. The players voted on this so naturally players who are well liked and some who are not will effect the outcome. You also have to keep in mind that a lot of the players who voted do not see or know all of the players in the NFL. After all there is around 2,000 players in the NFL. It would make sense for the AFC players not to know a lot about the NFC players other than the ones who they play out of conference. Not all NFL players watch the NFL channel, ESPN or any other sports channel who covers the NFL. If you really think about it this list means exactly zero. All it does is keep the fans busy with something to debate and argue about till the season starts. 

I think they said on NFLN that Romo has more 4th quarter comebacks in the past 2-3 years than any other QB. I get your point, though. He's not getting the Cowboys to the playoffs, but I have to wonder sometimes how much of that is his fault.

From 2008 to 2009(29 games played) Romo was sacked 54 times and he put up 52 td's and 23 int's....From 2011 to 2012(32 games) he was sacked 72 times and he still put up 59 td's and only 29 int's despite being sacked 72 times........Yeah Ill take Romo any day behind a better O Line, Would I take him ahead of any other QB? obviously not but he would be very high up there, I'd take him over Flacco without any hesitation

If your owner has to call you out in the media to say you need to prepare better, then there's a chance you aren't in the top 100. Valid or not. I personally think defensive players don't respect Romo .

Were talking about Jerry Jones here, Not exactly earth shattering news when he pops his mouth off. He does it so often, Maybe he should focus on gettin Romo a decent O Line rather then cutting him up, Comical really Jones all of a sudden says Romo needs to prepare better when he has had the guy at QB since 2003, where was that comment the last couple years?

Romo ?   :woah:   He's better than Jim Sorgi or Curtis Painter I'll give you that & 1 step up from the Jets sanchez., Maybe there'll be another list the bottom 100 I'm pretty sure Romo would IMO make that list .

Edited by Nadine
inappropriate

Where is the list 91?  Is it NFL.com?  Just checking.  I agree with your assessment...just have not seen the list.  Thanks.  :)

I don't think the voting criteria is explained well. I always hear that it is based on that specific season, but players and analysts make the "he's been doing it for x amount of years" argument. Which is it? Top 100 right now based on this past season or based on a career? Personally, I don't care and I think it's a joke.

I don't think the voting criteria is explained well. I always hear that it is based on that specific season, but players and analysts make the "he's been doing it for x amount of years" argument. Which is it? Top 100 right now based on this past season or based on a career? Personally, I don't care and I think it's a joke.

yeah, Peyton was 50 on the list last year without playing a down the year before

This list was for the players from one season, not for players who have done it for so many years and have gotten done on a big stage. The players voted on this so naturally players who are well liked and some who are not will effect the outcome. You also have to keep in mind that a lot of the players who voted do not see or know all of the players in the NFL. After all there is around 2,000 players in the NFL. It would make sense for the AFC players not to know a lot about the NFC players other than the ones who they play out of conference. Not all NFL players watch the NFL channel, ESPN or any other sports channel who covers the NFL. If you really think about it this list means exactly zero. All it does is keep the fans busy with something to debate and argue about till the season starts. 

if its just for one season then peyton should not have made the list last year.

Were talking about Jerry Jones here, Not exactly earth shattering news when he pops his mouth off. He does it so often, Maybe he should focus on gettin Romo a decent O Line rather then cutting him up, Comical really Jones all of a sudden says Romo needs to prepare better when he has had the guy at QB since 2003, where was that comment the last couple years?

I wouldn't want Jones, Romo or any of the Cowboys. Maybe the worst collection of "leaders" ever.  I hate that I even wasted 2 minutes writing a post on them. 

Shows the players really respect Luck. I have issues with andrew, but he was battered all yr. I lost track of how many sacks he avoided. The guy is just tough and is exciting to watch. Hipefully that deep ball gets better.

He did have 0 INTs that season. That's impressive haha. But seriously, it makes no sense.

I caught a tidbit of an interview with one of the voters last year.

The voter asked, in a confused manner, is this for what they did last year, or what we anticipate for this year.

The answer was basically, whatever you wish.

So, when the voter can make up their criteria, there's little rhyme nor reason to the overall results.

I caught a tidbit of an interview with one of the voters last year.

The voter asked, in a confused manner, is this for what they did last year, or what we anticipate for this year.

The answer was basically, whatever you wish.

So, when the voter can make up their criteria, there's little rhyme nor reason to the overall results.

Interesting. Yeah if the voters don't understand, what value does it have? Rankings don't mean anything but at least try to make it simple to understand and consistent across voters.

im not saying Im a fan of romo, but hes atleast better then dennis pitta

Dennis Pitta is a better TE than Romo is a QB. Pitta reminds me a lot of Dallas. I loved him coming out of BYU.

Plus, Pitta is ranked 100, it's not like he's top 50. If you want to complain about players on the list how about Dwight Freeney at 80 or Percy Harvin only at 90?

Not that I really give a % about the list but it is a fun little filler in the offseason.

Dennis Pitta is a better TE than Romo is a QB. Pitta reminds me a lot of Dallas. I loved him coming out of BYU.

Plus, Pitta is ranked 100, it's not like he's top 50. If you want to complain about players on the list how about Dwight Freeney at 80 or Percy Harvin only at 90?

Not that I really give a % about the list but it is a fun little filler in the offseason.

this is the first year ive even heard of dennis pitta. I bash tony all the time, but I gotta giving the devil his due once in awhile

why wouldnt he be?

Because he's terrible. 

He averaged 4.1 YPC behind an O-line with 3 pro-bowlers, (for comparison, Ballard averaged 4.2 YPC in starts behind the leagues 2nd worst O-line), isn't elusive, doesn't break tackles, is terrible as a receiver and utterly useless as a pass blocker.

He basically runs through a hole the O-line opened and falls down at the slightest contact. And everyone thinks he's elite because he carried the ball 350 times.

I know he doesn't play for a sexy team or a sexy position, but how is Geno Atkins 36? The guy is a top 5 player in the game if you ask me. Sherman being only being at 50 is crap too, players must not give him credit since he's a talker and got caught taking Adderall.

I know he doesn't play for a sexy team or a sexy position, but how is Geno Atkins 36? The guy is a top 5 player in the game if you ask me. Sherman being only being at 50 is crap too, players must not give him credit since he's a talker and got caught taking Adderall.

Yeah, Atkins is simply astounding.