Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You can play as Jim Irsay in the next Madden.

You guys are disappointed with COD?  In what regard?  I didn't buy the last one because it looked too "futuristic" with some of the weapons and I didn't like that, but the previous ones (Black Ops, etc.) what were ur beefs?  Do u multiplay or strictly story mode?

My beefs are playing online yelling at a TV because lil Jimmy Internet is 12 years old and just knifed me in the back. lol

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they have owner mode in Madden 06?  And now they are bringing it back as a "new" mode.  Yeah, can't wait for this license to be up so 2k can make football games again.

You know what is going to happen don't you?  The license is going to be renewed, and EA will be the only one to make NFL games for another 5-10 years.

It's sad, but they simply have a sort of mini-monopoly on the game market, and I doubt we'll ever see NFL football outside of EA sports for some time.

Gameplay, Presentation, & unpredictable

On Madden, it's kinda repetitive in the franchise or as they call it connected careers now. The same teams make the playoffs and it starts to bore me. Especially when I use the Colts, the Texans, Jags, & Titans NEVER change their roster on mine. Like I expect a better QB than Gabbert but nope, they make him the starter every year so they never win more than 4 games. I expected the Titans to get a new QB too but nope they keep Locker and he never wins them more than 6 games. Texans are also repetitive cause they refuse to get a good WR opposite A. Johnson. It was a time where they had Braylon Edwards as their #2 and I was just so disgusted with them for that so I skipped that game. The Texans usually only Win 8-9 games a year. So there's that division, if I hit 10 wins I'm pretty much AFC South champs. Where's the fun in that?

NCAA, you never know who will make the BCS Top 10 rankings. One year Alabama could be out of the Top 25 & Southern Miss could be in the Top 5. It's just exciting to me cause I never know what to expect from other schools.

I play franchise mode a LOT.  I probably have started more than 40 different franchises over the year.  I have not seen anything that you are talking about.

Calvin Johnson has long had nobodies next to him.  In at least 1 franchise, they had drafted a 1st round stud to go opposite him.  I have seen the same with Johnson.  I have seen countless times Locker sitting as the backup on the Titans with a new rookie ahead of him.  Same with Gabbert.  Long story short, go ahead and look at the REAL NFL.  The Jets haven't given Sanchez much competition until this year.  Teams like the Titans and Jaguars couldn't find a suitable QB to push their current starters in the draft, and instead built around them or on the other side of the ball.

I have seen countless teams win the SB, including some I wouldn't expect (Raiders???).

My biggest problem with franchise mode is a team like the Giants drafting a QB in the top 10 with Eli Manning being in his early 30s.  It's things like that where I just want to re-start the draft to at least get them to make a more realistic pick.  But otherwise, the draft is a crapshoot for all teams.  The Jets need stars at the WR position this year, and they missed.  The things you're talking about in Madden happen all the time in the NFL.  And that being the case, the game is more realistic.

Long story short, what you're describing in Madden is the exact opposite of what I see.

I am sure it will be exactly the same as last year.  They will make all these promises in new features and hype how this will be the best madden yet, everyone will get hyped, and then within 6 months most people will say it was crap.  It is the same cycle that has been happening since they went to the 360/PS3. I have not bought a Madden since 2006 and do not plan on ever buying another one.  I have resigned myself to I will never own a football game until EA loses the official license.  One company getting the exclusive license was the worst thing to happen to football games.  

My friend always rents the new madden in hopes that it is great, but we always bring it over, play a bunch of games, send it back  and thank the videogame gods that we did not waste money on it.

Madden has really just become a $60 dollar roster update.  It saddens me to see it where it was given how awesome it when we had Madden 2005 and NFL 2K5.  

You guys are disappointed with COD?  In what regard?  I didn't buy the last one because it looked too "futuristic" with some of the weapons and I didn't like that, but the previous ones (Black Ops, etc.) what were ur beefs?  Do u multiplay or strictly story mode?

i never play story mode. but ever since Battlefield was released two years ago I have been more into that, then COD. 

best cod games of treyarch is world at war, and best of infinity ward is mw2, ever since those titles came out in the cod series has been epic fails.

Madden 13 was epic fail with the players tripping over each other.  I've had my rb run into the back of offense line and fall down on their butts.  It was ridiculous.  Also when it was released, i tried making my own superstar, it wouldn't let me use my last name, the game thought my last name was profane, what???, my last name is also a town inside Norfolk, England, come on!  Called up EA hotline and explained to them they needed to fix that.  After a couple of weeks, they finally patched it where i could.  

best cod games of treyarch is world at war, and best of infinity ward is mw2, ever since those titles came out in the cod series has been epic fails.

Madden 13 was epic fail with the players tripping over each other.  I've had my rb run into the back of offense line and fall down on their butts.  It was ridiculous.  Also when it was released, i tried making my own superstar, it wouldn't let me use my last name, the game thought my last name was profane, what???, my last name is also a town inside Norfolk, England, come on!  Called up EA hotline and explained to them they needed to fix that.  After a couple of weeks, they finally patched it where i could.

I think butt fumble-esque situation has been dealt with, though we won't really know what has been done until some playable demo.

Just a FYI to everyone,

You can get NFL Sunday ticket free for a the 2013 season even if you dont have directv if you pre-order The anniversary edition of Madden from Amazon (It's $99.99)

i have DirecTV but am confused.  i know dish network offers the red zone channel, but how can u get sunday ticket without having DirecTV?

Only problem I have with the new Madden is the tackling system and injuries happening way to often to key players, to many players falling all over each other

No co-op franchise mode was such a dumb decision to take out.

Gameplay, Presentation, & unpredictable

On Madden, it's kinda repetitive in the franchise or as they call it connected careers now. The same teams make the playoffs and it starts to bore me. Especially when I use the Colts, the Texans, Jags, & Titans NEVER change their roster on mine. Like I expect a better QB than Gabbert but nope, they make him the starter every year so they never win more than 4 games. I expected the Titans to get a new QB too but nope they keep Locker and he never wins them more than 6 games. Texans are also repetitive cause they refuse to get a good WR opposite A. Johnson. It was a time where they had Braylon Edwards as their #2 and I was just so disgusted with them for that so I skipped that game. The Texans usually only Win 8-9 games a year. So there's that division, if I hit 10 wins I'm pretty much AFC South champs. Where's the fun in that?

NCAA, you never know who will make the BCS Top 10 rankings. One year Alabama could be out of the Top 25 & Southern Miss could be in the Top 5. It's just exciting to me cause I never know what to expect from other schools.

That's fair enough. I'm pretty bored of Madden 13 now too. Madden 25 genuinely looks better this time though.

While we're on the subject, the Be a Player mode in Madden is a joke! :L Just the worst and least immersive mode in any sports game. They could learn a lot from NBA 2K13's effort.

You know what is going to happen don't you? The license is going to be renewed, and EA will be the only one to make NFL games for another 5-10 years.

It's sad, but they simply have a sort of mini-monopoly on the game market, and I doubt we'll ever see NFL football outside of EA sports for some time.

This unfortunately.

Which town?

I'm from Suffolk!

I have only tried a few of the more recent madden games and at that I've only rented them.

What I don't get is why people keep buying into a franchise that keeps disappointing them.  

I do like the NCAA football series generally.  

I am sure it will be exactly the same as last year. They will make all these promises in new features and hype how this will be the best madden yet, everyone will get hyped, and then within 6 months most people will say it was crap. It is the same cycle that has been happening since they went to the 360/PS3. I have not bought a Madden since 2006 and do not plan on ever buying another one. I have resigned myself to I will never own a football game until EA loses the official license. One company getting the exclusive license was the worst thing to happen to football games.

My friend always rents the new madden in hopes that it is great, but we always bring it over, play a bunch of games, send it back and thank the videogame gods that we did not waste money on it.

Madden has really just become a $60 dollar roster update. It saddens me to see it where it was given how awesome it when we had Madden 2005 and NFL 2K5.

I'd still rather play with the updated roster. I could do that by buying NCAA 13 and upload the draft class from it but its much easier just to buy the new madden

NFL is becoming huge in the UK, with tv deals with the bbc and games in the UK annually now. The college game gets little to no coverage this side of the pond, and any that are on ESPN are either the middle of the day or middle of the night. Just not a big enough market for them in Europe. Next gen I will be getting a PlayStation, they are regionless.

Yeah i know its stupid, come draft day i know like 5 players but that is only through research instead of actually watching a game on tv. 

Plus i think when the next gen comes out i will be in uni/ have my own place so i'm going to create a gaming den and probably get xbox and ps3. Provided i have enough money that is.

I had a few things I didn't like about 13. I didn't like the scouting, I felt like I couldn't get enough information about the players. I also don't like the rigidness of the scheme fits. I feel like they should have accounted a players past better. Dwight Freeney was considered a poor fit for 4-3 teams because of what the Colts ran last year. Say what?

Sound like me when COD comes out. Every year since moder warfare 2 I have said I will not get this game. Yet, sadly, I am there buying it almost every release haha.

I feel your pain. Never again will I support treyarch or the black ops games. IW for life! haha

I'd still rather play with the updated roster. I could do that by buying NCAA 13 and upload the draft class from it but its much easier just to buy the new madden

I get wanting to get the updated rosters because as great as NBA 2K11 is it just is not that fun with having an out dated roster.  I just cannot pull myself to drop $60 every year on a game that is not that much different from year to year.  I guess it is just the way I view sports games nowadays.  

Then again I kind of stopped buying COD for the same reasons of Madden.  The core gameplay from MW to MW3 is basically the same thing, but at least with COD you get a new storyline to play.  

I just feel in general developers and publishers are pushing games out way to much.  Assassins Creed is now following into that cycle with their new all ready announced when AC3 just came out. Though I will be a hypocrite because I am a sucker for anything that has to deal with pirates.

I get wanting to get the updated rosters because as great as NBA 2K11 is it just is not that fun with having an out dated roster.  I just cannot pull myself to drop $60 every year on a game that is not that much different from year to year.  I guess it is just the way I view sports games nowadays.  

Then again I kind of stopped buying COD for the same reasons of Madden.  The core gameplay from MW to MW3 is basically the same thing, but at least with COD you get a new storyline to play.  

I just feel in general developers and publishers are pushing games out way to much.  Assassins Creed is now following into that cycle with their new all ready announced when AC3 just came out. Though I will be a hypocrite because I am a sucker for anything that has to deal with pirates.

People make this argument all the time.  I guarantee you there are more animations and more fluidity in game play with each new release.  Heck, it used to be that a tackles were 1 on 1, and they are getting much better about getting multiple players involved in tackles.  They are improving in many areas.  Each release is not just a roster update, as you say.

That being said, as there is no competition in the market, there is little drive to go above and beyond.  Until that changes, the improvements will be slow and steady.

The only additional point I will make is that this is something you see in the entire game market.  In order for them to turn substantial profits, they can't be rebuilding engines year after year after year.  The Halflife engine was used in the making of tons of games.  Unreal the same.  Assasins Creed and COD and BF and ... all release new game after new game after new game, many making minor tweaks/improvements to their prior engines.  Point being, it is an argument that goes against the entire gaming industry, and not just Madden or EA alone.

For me, I will continue to plunk down $60 every single year as I appreciate the updates as they are.  I always want more, but it is what it is.  Me not spending $60 is not going to change EA's stance one iota.  If there were a true boycott of the game, I could see the point.  But it won't happen because people like me appreciate it for what it is.  We notice the changes, and prefer newer releases over older ones.

AC3 was beautiful game.  I don't get the hate for it.

I get wanting to get the updated rosters because as great as NBA 2K11 is it just is not that fun with having an out dated roster. I just cannot pull myself to drop $60 every year on a game that is not that much different from year to year. I guess it is just the way I view sports games nowadays.

Then again I kind of stopped buying COD for the same reasons of Madden. The core gameplay from MW to MW3 is basically the same thing, but at least with COD you get a new storyline to play.

I just feel in general developers and publishers are pushing games out way to much. Assassins Creed is now following into that cycle with their new all ready announced when AC3 just came out. Though I will be a hypocrite because I am a sucker for anything that has to deal with pirates.

But on the other side of the coin gamers don't want their favorite games to drastically change, they want the core of the gam to stay the same. So for example on COD, players generally just want new maps, weapons, and perks. So yeah the newest version just offers this. If they changed much more, it would be a different game. But still gamers complain that it's just a " patch update" for $60. Well that tells the whole story, they don't want the game to drastically change either, they just want to buy 1 game to update year after year ( most would want that free too just because they bought the original game). This just isn't a business model the industry could afford, it would kill their profits, leading to less developers, less games. It wouldn't promote growth at all. And is a new installment once a year really too often because every 2 years would feel like forever.

Yeah i know its stupid, come draft day i know like 5 players but that is only through research instead of actually watching a game on tv. 

Plus i think when the next gen comes out i will be in uni/ have my own place so i'm going to create a gaming den and probably get xbox and ps3. Provided i have enough money that is.

I'm currently studying Sport Science, and Madden has been the bane of my life for the past year.

i have DirecTV but am confused.  i know dish network offers the red zone channel, but how can u get sunday ticket without having DirecTV?

You can watch on mobile devices or PC... of course you have to be "unable" to get DirecTV to get that, but It's just a checkbox.

For the record I have NCAA 13, and I'm almost certain they phased the uploading of the draft class out of the game.  I think there was even a note about it in the instruction manual. 

For the record I have NCAA 13, and I'm almost certain they phased the uploading of the draft class out of the game.  I think there was even a note about it in the instruction manual. 

They did phase it out, i did have ncaa 13 and madden 13 for that reason, but found out that they stopped doing that.

I'm still waiting for an updated version of Tecmo Bowl to come along. EA has become stagnant with their licenses of just about everything, but the worst is on the sports side of things. I played 2008 for a long time, and only recently switched to 2011. 

I had a few things I didn't like about 13. I didn't like the scouting, I felt like I couldn't get enough information about the players.....

I loved the scouting, I would just disable auto save check ratings write it down, then quit, go back in to coach made and check another player.... I would always know who to Draft and when to trade up and stockpile in late Draft picks to get good players late

My only problem with Assasins Creed is it got so very repetitive IMO.  I haven't touch Mass Effect or Far Cry.  I will eventually pick up Bioshock infinite as that looks awesome as well.

:thmup::woah::hat:.  I think I finally stopped playing at level 45 I think on COD.  Ghost looks pretty good but I'm leary of it.  I think that they need to put more into the story mode and stop tweaking the MP.  It got so annoying with the kill streaks after awhile, I think that was the ultimate demise for me.  I just can't wait for ps4 :yay:

If you haven't played mass effect IHHHIIIGGHHHHLLLYYYY recommend you do. Story is great and every decision you make effects the outcome. Plus if you have a save file from a previous mass effect game your decisions in the previous game effect how that game will be played out as well.

For the record I have NCAA 13, and I'm almost certain they phased the uploading of the draft class out of the game. I think there was even a note about it in the instruction manual.

Madden stopped it. That connected careers mode ruined it all. NCAA comes out before Madden so they would know if they needed to put that feature in. NCAA does give you a "export draft" bootleg version though. On the "Player's Leaving" screen you can skip ahead I think a week or so and itll tell you what round your players that went to the draft got drafted in