Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think the Wilso/RG3 hype bothers Andrew?

GoodLuck

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't seem to care in his interviews. I don't think he does.

Wilson had a better team, & Griffin had an easy offense to run (Ex:So easy, even Kirk Cousins ran it well)

Andrew is the kind of guy who could care less about what everyone else is doing

It bothers me. Those two had superior teams around them. They had an offense built around them rather than having something forced on them.

If anything, he's probably loving it.  He's a very bright kid and knows that with the spotlight on them, he's not nearly scrutinized as much.

No more than the Luck hype bothers Wilson/RG3. This is a petty fan concern seen through a prism. I've sure that to other teams it appears to be exactly the opposite. Luck already has an absurd amount of attention focused on him. As Smonroe suggested, why would he be investing his time trying to figure out how to get more? I'm sure that he has more important things to focus on. At least I hope so.

I don't think it bothers Andrew, but it sure does bother the crap out of me. I'm tired of turning on NFL network and seeing guys saying that RG3 and Wilson are better than Luck. I don't think it's even close. Luck threw for way more yards with a horrid offensive line and okay running back play at best, while RG3 and Wilson had great offensive lines and RBs (Morris 1600+ yds i believe, Lynch 1300+ I believe). Wilson also had the 2nd best Defense in the league, trailing only SF. And by the way I think RG3 is miles better than WIlson. Not saying Wilson is bad, but I think he's just a solid starter that will never be in the top 10 QBs, and I think RG3 will be a top 10 QB and Luck will be a top 3.

No more than the Luck hype bothers Wilson/RG3. This is a petty fan concern seen through a prism. I've sure that to other teams it appears to be exactly the opposite. Luck already has an absurd amount of attention focused on him. As Smonroe suggested, why would he be investing his time trying to figure out how to get more? I'm sure that he has more important things to focus on. At least I hope so.

This is a good point. I think Griffin might feel like he has something to prove. Luck hype is probably somewhat frustrating to him. I doubt it bothers Wilson much. Wilson was never scrutinized in direct accordance to Luck. Griffin will always have the bigger chip on his shoulder in relation to Luck hype. Andrew gives the impression that he could care less. However, I think he probably pays some attention to it. JMO

I don't think it bothers Andrew, but it sure does bother the crap out of me. I'm tired of turning on NFL network and seeing guys saying that RG3 and Wilson are better than Luck. I don't think it's even close. Luck threw for way more yards with a horrid offensive line and okay running back play at best, while RG3 and Wilson had great offensive lines and RBs (Morris 1600+ yds i believe, Lynch 1300+ I believe). Wilson also had the 2nd best Defense in the league, trailing only SF. And by the way I think RG3 is miles better than WIlson. Not saying Wilson is bad, but I think he's just a solid starter that will never be in the top 10 QBs, and I think RG3 will be a top 10 QB and Luck will be a top 3.

You must not have watched NFL Network recently. They're all on the Luck bandwagon now. Since RG3 got injured, they don't have confidence in him anymore. All of them are saying Luck will be the most improved this coming season

You must not have watched NFL Network recently. They're all on the Luck bandwagon now. Since RG3 got injured, they don't have confidence in him anymore. All of them are saying Luck will be the most improved this coming season

That may be true, I haven't watched it recently. But I did see a video on NFL.com and all four guys on there said RG3 will be higher rated on the NFL top 100 list, which bothered me. Thanks for letting me know they're all on the Luck bandwagon now though!

Do you think the Wilson/RG3 hype bothers Andrew?

I believe he welcomes it, because it takes the focus off of him. Luck is not a media hungry guy, and I get the impression that he would rather just focus on playing quarterback. People will write history the way they want to.

Some very good and observant answers....   I've used the 'Like' button a number of times....

Luck doesn't know, nor does he care about accolades that are used for other QB's.    He couldn't care less.

The only thing Luck cares about......  are Wins!

If pressed about this year he'll say he wants to complete a higher percentage of passes and makes fewer mistakes.   But he doesn't offer stats on either.    He just wants to do better and help his team win.

He's as simple and as straight forward a guy as you would ever hope to meet.    He is what he is.

Wins are the only thing that matters to Andrew Luck.

Some very good and observant answers....   I've used the 'Like' button a number of times....

Luck doesn't know, nor does he care about accolades that are used for other QB's.    He couldn't care less.

The only thing Luck cares about......  are Wins!

If pressed about this year he'll say he wants to complete a higher percentage of passes and makes fewer mistakes.   But he doesn't offer stats on either.    He just wants to do better and help his team win.

He's as simple and as straight forward a guy as you would ever hope to meet.    He is what he is.

Wins are the only thing that matters to Andrew Luck.

He is human and cares and pays attention even though he won't show it..Deep down he knows he is the next great 1 though and will prove it on the field much faster than YOU  think..#lifetime colts fan :)

He is human and cares and pays attention even though he won't show it..Deep down he knows he is the next great 1 though and will prove it on the field much faster than YOU  think..#lifetime colts fan :)

How would you know how fast I think he will prove himself?!?    You don't have the first clue!

The only thing that will hold Andrew back is the coaching and the supporting cast.

RG3 and Wilson both had great running games and defenses to help them.   Luck had neither.

Both RG3 and Wilson were only asked to throw about 60 percent of the times that Luck was asked.  

Bottom Line:  Andrew was asked to do much more while working with much less.

I hope this isn't an example of you using "reasoning"....   cause if it was....     :facepalm:            

It's pretty obvious because any addition to this years team is an improvement from last year. There's no way Luck regresses especially with his mentality and abilities and everyone on NFL knows that. In my opinion, Luck is gonna be like a P. Manning, Brady, and Rodgers in the way that as long as he's there you are assured 10+ victories every year we'll just have to wait and see.

How would you know how fast I think he will prove himself?!?    You don't have the first clue!

The only thing that will hold Andrew back is the coaching and the supporting cast.

RG3 and Wilson both had great running games and defenses to help them.   Luck had neither.

Both RG3 and Wilson were only asked to throw about 60 percent of the times that Luck was asked.  

Bottom Line:  Andrew was asked to do much more while working with much less.

I hope this isn't an example of you using "reasoning"....   cause if it was....     :facepalm:            

No..you were 1 to spout off when i said he is gonna be top 5 next year like I'm crazy, and I will be proven right...#lifetime colts fan

No..you were 1 to spout off when i said he is gonna be top 5 next year like I'm crazy, and I will be proven right...#lifetime colts fan

Sorry.....   no "reasoning" here either.....

That wasn't me.

I don't think we had that conversation....   at least,  not that I recall....    I think you're confusing me with someone else.

But, I'll say this.....

If it was me that has nothing to do with my views of Andrew.   It has to do with my views on the rest of the team.

Quoting you in another post you made today,  I guess that concept went over your head....

But what great competitor wouldn't get a little upset about it? What other top qb would just brush it off? Someimes it seems that Luck reallt doesn't care about being the best qb. But that seems to drive all the greats. To be the best individual player. Be a lil selfish sometimes. Luck seems to have no ego at all.

I just hate when ppl try to tell me that RG3 is better then Luck it's just a dumb statement IMO anyone who can't see that RG3 and Wilson didn't have it easier has to be blind as a bat

It will soon go away.  Wilson and RG3 go as far as their running attack go.  Luck will leave them in the dust.  I actually think Wilson is better than RG3.

But what great competitor wouldn't get a little upset about it? What other top qb would just brush it off? Someimes it seems that Luck reallt doesn't care about being the best qb. But that seems to drive all the greats. To be the best individual player. Be a lil selfish sometimes. Luck seems to have no ego at all.

Wanting to be the best is one thing.  Worrying about what petty opinions other people have about you is something else.

Bottom line: real, grown up men aren't insecure about what other people think.  It's a little something called "confidence".

I just hate when ppl try to tell me that RG3 is better then Luck it's just a dumb statement IMO anyone who can't see that RG3 and Wilson didn't have it easier has to be blind as a bat

There are those of us (very few) who believe differently. Luck is with the Colts, so I don't have much of a choice, and will support him, but again I have a difference of opinion. No homer shades needed...

There are those of us (very few) who believe differently. Luck is with the Colts, so I don't have much of a choice, and will support him, but again I have a difference of opinion. No homer shades needed...

Not sure wat your getting at here would you rather have RG3?

I have a feeling Andrew Luck is more than happy the other two guys are getting all the attention... That way he can just go out there, and do his thing on the field without any of the nonsense. Robert Griffin III will be lucky to survive with Mike Shanahan at the helm of the Redskins. The man may very well run him, and the team into the ground.