Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nominate your Candidates for the Colt’s Mt. Rushmore

Deathiltis

Saw that next month Pro Football Talk will carve out a Mt. Rushmore for each NFL team.

If there were to be a Mt. Rushmore dedicated to the Colts who would you vote to be carved into it?

My vote goes to Peyton Manning, Johnny Unitas, Marvin Harrison, and either Raymond Berry or Gino Marchetti. Thought it'd be fair to have 2 players for the Baltimore era and 2 from the Indy era.

If I were to only include players from the Indy era they would have to be Peyton, Marvin, Jeff Saturday, and Bob Sanders.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts as a franchise:

Johnny Unitas

Eric Dickerson

Peyton Manning

Marshall Faulk

Colts of the Indy era:

Peyton Manning

Reggie Wayne

Dwight Freeney

Bob Sanders(but his face would crumble away like his body did and they would replace him with Edgerrin James)

Imo Colts are the Colts regardless of city and it SHOULD(Key word right there) be, in no particular order:

Johnny U

Bert Jones(Sheer respect)

Peyton Manning

Marv/Edge/you get the drift one of our franchise leaders

Colts as a franchise:

Johnny Unitas

Eric Dickerson

Peyton Manning

Marshall Faulk

Colts of the Indy era:

Peyton Manning

Reggie Wayne

Dwight Freeney

Bob Sanders(but his face would crumble away like his body did and they would replace him with Edgerrin James)

Dickerson and Faulk are Colts from the Indy era.  Not quite understanding why they got replaced.  Or by Indy era are you really meaning the Manning era?

Saw that next month Pro Football Talk will carve out a Mt. Rushmore for each NFL team.

If there were to be a Mt. Rushmore dedicated to the Colts who would you vote to be carved into it?

My vote goes to Peyton Manning, Johnny Unitas, Marvin Harrison, and either Raymond Berry or Gino Marchetti. Thought it'd be fair to have 2 players for the Baltimore era and 2 from the Indy era.

If I were to only include players from the Indy era they would have to be Peyton, Marvin, Jeff Saturday, and Bob Sanders.

Those two are given.  There are so many good candidates for the other two spots it's almost impossible.

Personally, I'd put Jim Irsay up there.

Dickerson and Faulk are Colts from the Indy era.  Not quite understanding why they got replaced.  Or by Indy era are you really meaning the Manning era?

I dunno... don't poke too many holes in this or you might offend me and my low intelligence.  t-h-u-d