Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 predictions(record & playoffs)

Imo 13-3 is a possibility......12-4 is my prediction.....11-5 is prolly more realistic though cuz it will b hard to beat seattle sf denver so there could b 3 close losses and prolly lose one division game and everybody loses one game they shouldnt(hopefully that would b the division loss which makes 4 losses). we win division with a bye and play denver in the afc championship game, from that point u can guess what i want to happen lol

I will go 11-5 for now.. Win the division and lose in the divisional round on the road to NE.

Losses

@ SF (all around best team in the league IMO)

vs. Den (old legend vs. the young beard. Lots of emotions, but Denver O too powerful)

@ Hou (good team and division rival. Not going to let their 2 year division streak end easy)

@ Ten (believe they have got a lot better this offseason, but still depends on Locker. Maybe a game we should win, but you slip up every now and then)

@ Cin (I think we match up pretty evenly with them. Think we lose on the road)

Don't think 12-4 or even 13-3 is exactly out of the question

I'll wait until after seeing how we look in pre-season

here here - It seems ppl feel we are automatically gonna win more games this year than last. If that was the case - we'd have more back-to-back champions. This is The NFL. Many things that took place last year were record breaking right. My priorty list is in this order: 

1) Making it to preseason without any major injuries.

2) Making it thru preseason without any major injuries.

3) Then im not worried about our 2nd win until we get our 1st.

Its so hard to predict now with so many variables and different circumstances than last season....

I'm going to say we go 12-4, we lose a game that we should win and win one that we should lose...

We go into the postseason as the 3rd seed...

We beat Cincy in the wild card round... We beat NE in the divisional round

We lose to Denver in an instant classic and have to wait one more year for our :lombardi:

here here - It seems ppl feel we are automatically gonna win more games this year than last. If that was the case - we'd have more back-to-back champions. This is The NFL. Many things that took place last year were record breaking right. My priorty list is in this order:

1) Making it to preseason without any major injuries.

2) Making it thru preseason without any major injuries.

3) Then im not worried about our 2nd win until we get our 1st.

Well honestly we could very well win equal or more wins than last year. I just wanna wait until pre-season because I have no idea what this offense will look like. Defense you at least know what to expect just with different faces. Offense is a mystery box

11-5 and we win the division. From there we beat the Bengals, Beat the Pats, and then lose to the Broncos. From there on, we are known as an AFC threat for years to come. 

weid man... i said almost the exact same thing, but you said it first... I didn't read yours or i probably would have liked it instead of posting my own (eerily similar) predictions...

Well honestly we could very well win equal or more wins than last year. I just wanna wait until pre-season because I have no idea what this offense will look like. Defense you at least know what to expect just with different faces. Offense is a mystery box

We could honestly do anything - the point I was making was about crawling before you walk can help prevent disappointments. We have 2 draft picks from past years that havent played a down yet. I didnt quote you because you were negative - I quoted you because you were positive.

yezzrr -

Imo 13-3 is a possibility......12-4 is my prediction.....11-5 is prolly more realistic though cuz it will b hard to beat seattle sf denver so there could b 3 close losses and prolly lose one division game and everybody loses one game they shouldnt(hopefully that would b the division loss which makes 4 losses). we win division with a bye and play denver in the afc championship game, from that point u can guess what i want to happen lol

As of right now, i think we go 11-5.

We lose against SF, SEA, DEN, CIN and HOU away.

As of right now, i think we go 11-5.

We lose against SF, SEA, DEN, CIN and HOU away.

Noway we lose to all the playoff teams from last year if we do then we will pron finish 8 and 8 ill say loses to 49ers and texans away out of those five we can take seattle at home denver can go either way and we should beat cincy

I think there are several reasons that make it difficult to project the Colts W-L of 2013. First & foremost, it's way too early.

Secondly.. For where the Colts are now, their ability to win games will be determined more by off the field issues than talent & coaching ability. Much like that 2-14 season was about adjusting to life without Peyton than it was about talent & coaching.

Living up to expectations.... true, Luck lived up to expectations in many ways, but he also fell short in others. How is he going to handle trying to improve in the areas he needs to while not taking away his most valuable asset?

Reggie Wayne looked reborn, but so did Steve Smith a couple of years ago.

A lot of rookies proved they had what it takes to play in the NFL. Now they have to prove they have what it takes to stay.

Your new, new head coach. How many players will compare, contrast, & maybe even resent Pagano's way of doing things in lieu of Arians?

No doubt about it, many a Texans' fan is worried about the Colts re-claiming the division. In no way am I saying that it's impossible, or that it isn't likely, just pointing out why it's difficult to assess right now.

We'll see what's what, week 1.

The O line and the D line are a work in progress.  Very possible we will have 3 new faces on the O line.  It will take a few games for this O line to jell.  By mid-season, this very possibly will be the best O line the Colts have had over the past 10 years.   The D line will have some new faces, and  Mr. Chapman may prove to be the answer at nose tackle.  Eager to see this young man in action.  Bjorn, as Pagano said, is the edge stopper.  He will start as a rookie, IMO, and it will be OJT, but expect to see him as a most disruptive player, in the mold of Dwight Freeney, but in a different scheme.  Dwight was strictly a down lineman. 

IMO, the team will make the playoffs and by then a years experience will have paid off for the new faces.  The Colts will be the team no one wants to see in the playoffs.  Expect the Niners and SeaHawks will be early season losses, but in the playoffs, all bets are off. 

Will win the division at 12-4 with losses to Sf,Den,@Hou,Cin. The Texans will make wildcard at 10-6 and we will beat them in the 1st round. Then we play Den it will be a close game through out and will come down to the 4th qrt. The Broncos are up 23-21 with 38 secs left and 1 timeout but Luck has outplayed Peyton. Luck takes over at the 20 throws a 25 yard pass up the seam to Fleener who's having an unbelievable game so far with 9 catches 175 yards and 2td's. No timeouts left on our 45 with 26 secs Luck throws to Wayne incomplete who's been covered by Bailey the entire game. 2nd and 10 20 secs left Luck throws to T.Y caught at the 40 spikes it wih 10 secs left. Vinateri sets up kicks it 53 yard fg misses it hits the crossbar den wins in a close one.

Key games - San Fran, Seahawks, Broncos, 2 vs Texans - all playoff teams from last year.

If we come out of these 5 games with a winning record at least (3-2), then we win 11 games, no doubt in my mind. If we don't, it is anywhere from 9 to 10 games.

Division record at best 4-2, IMO.

This but I think we lose the AFC Championship in a shoot out with Denver who will lose the Super Bowl.

see i think we will beat denver in the second round. (unfortunately i have NE and denver getting the bye week)  but losing to New England in the AFC Champ. game in the final minutes. (dang brady and his comebacks lol) 

Neither the Titans nor the Jaguars have a QB, so they can't effectively compete. The Texans did well overall last year but choked down the stretch, and don't seem to have either the ability or the will to take it to the next level with their QB.

We have the best QB in the division, so I think that we will win the AFCSouth, hopefully clinching it early.

So, most of you have us beating the Seahawks..... but losing to the Chargers

I find those predictions very interesting. Is it because the Chargers have Te'o or you guys still think we can't beat them just like we couldn't in the Peyton Era?

ran out of likes... but was thinking the same thing TK... beat Seattle and get by Chargers or Cincy... Seattle and SF are by far the most Difficult Defenses we will go up against.. and they both have good Offenses

I doubt the Colts win every game they're favored.There has to be SOME game where they lose to a weaker opponent, be it the Titans or the Jags. Personally, I find the St. Louis matchup tough for us. We're definitely transitioning to run defense, and the Rams could really spread it out. 

Defensive coordinators have had a whole offseason to gameplan against the mobile qbs... This whole pistol, read option stuff won't be working as well as last year. That being said, beating teams like sf and Seattle will be a little easier. I say we go 12-4. Luck wins the battle against Wilson and the hawks.

So, most of you have us beating the Seahawks..... but losing to the Chargers

I find those predictions very interesting. Is it because the Chargers have Te'o or you guys still think we can't beat them just like we couldn't in the Peyton Era?

I don't understand that either. The Chargers lost 2 starting OTs and an OG to the Broncos, they got one in the draft but their O-line still has question marks. Rivers behind a sieve of an O-line (as are most QBs) is not the same QB as opposed to when he is well protected. If Luck does not turn it over, the Colts have a great chance for a road win there. If not for the short week vs the Broncos, I would have felt we would be favored in that game at home as well.

But then, we are still a young team and play MUCH better at home winning games we are not favored to win and losing games on the road we could potentially win. Hopefully we have grown out of that by year 2.

Let us see how the Chargers' D does leading to that game, it is Pagano's brother that is DC out there in San Diego and their defensive numbers outside their secondary were respectable.

Let me play devil's advocate and ask "What if we only win 7 games this year? We all understand that this past year was a "rebuild/reload and part of a longer process. Would you still think that we are building the monster, or would you think that it would already be time for some changes?

One thing that has me very worried is that in the history of the NFL, teams that have won many (8??) wins by less than a touchdown or come from behind wins usually have a down year the following year. This can be explained by many factors but nonetheless, it has me a little worried.

10 or 11 wins....

I see losses to SF, Sea,  Denver,  Houston in Texas (I see us at 4-4 thru 8 games) and Cincy....    that's 5 losses.

And, I allow for the possibility of one more....   a game we should win that we find a way to lose....    one that makes the website come unglued for a week until we right the ship....

So,  10-11 wins....   maybe we win a game in the playoffs,  but maybe not....

I think we make another step forward next year.....