Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Kerwynn Williams, RB from Utah State

Andy

Good value here. I had him going in the 5th-6th round.

This is what I wrote in my guide:

"A good stout athlete who can play as a returner too. He is very quick and can become a good 3rd down running back"

Could compete with Brown for the backup job.

Thoughts?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good value here. I had him going in the 5th-6th round.

This is what I wrote in my guide:

"A good stout athlete who can play as a returner too. He is very quick and can become a good 3rd down running back"

Could compete with Brown for the backup job.

Thoughts?

Yep.  A younger Karim.

Now I can deal with this little fella! He's got a lot more giddy up than Ray Graham.

Just what I was looking for. Once again I can never predict who Grigs is going to pick.

Hopefully this will appease JSHIPP23. At least we did get a back like he wanted.

Yeah, I called this one a while back! He was extremely impressive against Toledo in his bowl game. Super quick, great hands, return skills.

Yep, I've had the opportunity to see Kerwynn play several times in person, this kid is a steal here, great reciever out of the backfield, and a deceptively powerful runner. He reminds me of Darren Sproles.

Yep, I've had the opportunity to see Kerwynn play several times in person, this kid is a steal here, great reciever out of the backfield, and a deceptively powerful runner. He reminds me of Darren Sproles.

If he can emerge as our KR, he'll make the team as the third RB (assuming no injuries to Brown or Ballard).  I think Carter's short yardage duties will be assumed by our FB.

Very nice pick this late.

Risers

Kerwynn Williams, Utah State: Williams was the most complete back on the field today and excelled in all areas. He tested well, posting a 40-yard dash time of 4.48 seconds as well as 4.15 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle. Williams showed incredible lateral movement and acceleration during drills. He was able to instantaneously change direction during ball drills without losing speed. Williams also looked great catching passes. Tipping the scale at 195 pounds, he grades as one of the better third-down backs available in April's draft.

From usatoday