Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Mayock First and last 2013 Mock Draft

His health scares me. I prefer Rhodes, but if Hayden is 100% I'm fine with the pick.

Agreed as far as the health and Rhodes too IF we go corner....I see the folks Mayock has listed after Hayden.....and I get shaky/nervous.  Tough draft to call...WOW!  I still like my BIGS....:)

Hayden's health doesn't concern me at all.

If he's been cleared by NFL doctors and team doctors,  then he's good to go.

But here's what DOES concern me.

How is Hayden being compared against Milliner from the SEC and Rhodes from the ACC and Trufant from the Pac-12.

I don't even know the name of his conference.   And there are no NFL QB's in that conference.   And there are no real talented WR's in that conference.    How many quarterbacks from Houston put up great numbers?    All of them.    And how many of them made the transition to the NFL?     None of them.

What makes people think Hayden is the best when he didn't even go against very good competition in college?

I think his rush up the draft board is borderline madness.....     Madness!

And I'm confident he's very good.   Too many scouts like him.     But this good?    I don't think so.

If Lotulelei falls to #18, it might be worth inquiring into a trade up. He can play nose or end and would be an impact addition to the D.

I keep hearing how good Hayden is and that is cover skills may be the best in the draft. I am always leary of players that jump into the first round mix a couple of weeks before the draft. I don't recall hearing much about him during the season. It would be tough to pass on Rhodes.

If Lotulelei falls to #18, it might be worth inquiring into a trade up. He can play nose or end and would be an impact addition to the D.

I keep hearing how good Hayden is and that is cover skills may be the best in the draft. I am always leary of players that jump into the first round mix a couple of weeks before the draft. I don't recall hearing much about him during the season. It would be tough to pass on Rhodes.

I agree. The Cowboys are rumored to be willing to move down. Our first and third ought to get us up to #18, and I'd do that for Star Lotulelei. But only for him. And if it goes the way Mayock says, I might rather keep my third, stay at #24 and take Rhodes.

Hayden's health doesn't concern me at all.

If he's been cleared by NFL doctors and team doctors, then he's good to go.

But here's what DOES concern me.

How is Hayden being compared against Milliner from the SEC and Rhodes from the ACC and Trufant from the Pac-12.

I don't even know the name of his conference. And there are no NFL QB's in that conference. And there are no real talented WR's in that conference. How many quarterbacks from Houston put up great numbers? All of them. And how many of them made the transition to the NFL? None of them.

What makes people think Hayden is the best when he didn't even go against very good competition in college?

I think his rush up the draft board is borderline madness..... Madness!

And I'm confident he's very good. Too many scouts like him. But this good? I don't think so.

It's the Conference USA and he played against Quinten Patton where he had 4 picks, two returned for tds along with 8 pass defensed that game. Also covered Aaron Dobson in 2011 not in 2012 because of injury

It's the Conference USA and he played against Quinten Patton where he had 4 picks, two returned for tds along with 8 pass defensed that game. Also covered Aaron Dobson in 2011 not in 2012 because of injury

Wow.    He had one tough game in a year?    Really?    Holy cow, I don't know how he put up with such pressure?!

That's amazing.    Brutal schedule..............

Wasn't DJ Hayden projected in the 6th-7th round like a month ago? All the sudden he is a top 25 pick. lol

His rise is one of those where a player gets "discovered," and people like what they see. So he soars ahead of established better players because he has a shiny newness to him and teams regret it later. (Looking at you, Leaf.)

Wow. He had one tough game in a year? Really? Holy cow, I don't know how he put up with such pressure?!

That's amazing. Brutal schedule..............

Nobody knocks quintin Patton for playing in the same conference, but when it comes to Hayden he gets a knock for it, also he was a 1st team all conference both years he was at Houston. He dominated his competition, beat penn state in a bowl game, beat southern miss, you can only play who is on your schedule

Nobody knocks quintin Patton for playing in the same conference, but when it comes to Hayden he gets a knock for it, also he was a 1st team all conference both years he was at Houston. He dominated his competition, beat penn state in a bowl game, beat southern miss, you can only play who is on your schedule

Not only does Patton play a different position, but he's not suddenly projected to be a first round pick. Patton is a late second / early third projection, not in among the top three or four at his position all of a sudden.

Nobody knocks quintin Patton for playing in the same conference, but when it comes to Hayden he gets a knock for it, also he was a 1st team all conference both years he was at Houston. He dominated his competition, beat penn state in a bowl game, beat southern miss

The difference between Patton (who I like very, very much) and Hayden, is that Patton is viewed by most as a 2nd round player.  I've seen some mocks with him in the 3rd round.

The whole point of my original Hayden post was that Mayock has elevated him to the #1 CB on his board and worthy of a top-10 pick.      I think that's a very, very bad over-analysis by Maycok, who I also like veery much.

I don't care if Hayden goes in the first...  maybe even to the Colts....    but the top CB in a strong cornerback class?    No.   I don't see any justification for that at all.

Just my view of things......

Wow.    He had one tough game in a year?    Really?    Holy cow, I don't know how he put up with such pressure?!

That's amazing.    Brutal schedule..............

psst...maybe turn it down a notch....geez.. :P

If they take Hayden at that pick I trust that it's because they see something special in him. However, personally I'd rather have Bjoern Werner or Tank Carradine at that pick.   I think we helped bolster the secondary quite a bit in FA but still could use some help with the pass rush.

The difference between Patton (who I like very, very much) and Hayden, is that Patton is viewed by most as a 2nd round player. I've seen some mocks with him in the 3rd round.

The whole point of my original Hayden post was that Mayock has elevated him to the #1 CB on his board and worthy of a top-10 pick. I think that's a very, very bad over-analysis by Maycok, who I also like veery much.

I don't care if Hayden goes in the first... maybe even to the Colts.... but the top CB in a strong cornerback class? No. I don't see any justification for that at all.

Just my view of things......

don't you regularly scold others for thinking they know more than those who do this for a living? aren't you doing that in this post?

His health scares me. I prefer Rhodes, but if Hayden is 100% I'm fine with the pick.

There's no real reason to be scared of it anymore. It truly was a freak injury. The chance of it ever happening again is extremely small. It's something you might never see again in your lifetime. I don't believe he'll tear that blood vessel ever again.

There's no real reason to be scared of it anymore. It truly was a freak injury. The chance of it ever happening again is extremely small. It's something you might never see again in your lifetime. I don't believe he'll tear that blood vessel ever again.

The fact that he lived through an injury that has a 95% fatality rate is astounding. He's still here for a reason, if that reason is to help the Colts win a :lombardi: then I'm for it. Regardless of who drafts him I will follow his career.