Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cruz supposedly spotted at Eagle Creek Airport per JMV

BleedBlu8792

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruz makes sense from Irsay's twitter posts, but not as an actual member of the Colts. I would rather keep the 1st rd. pick and see what we can get. Cruz IMO is an above average receiver, but that's about it. He's average sized with average speed, I don't see the appeal, especially for our 1st rder..

Average speed?    Really?

I don't know what his 40 is,  but if he's average speed,  then I think he plays much, much faster than that.

Average speed?    Really?

I don't know what his 40 is,  but if he's average speed,  then I think he plays much, much faster than that.

His 40 time was 4.47. Nothing special, especially for a smaller receiver. I know he's not tiny but he's not big either. Like I said before, average. IMO, he's not worth losing our 1st rder. and having to pay him a huge contract. We could probably get somebody of equal talent with our pick we would have to give up, but pay them much less.

This reminds me of all of the insane comments about Randy Moss a few years ago.  He was supposedly seen at Circle Centre.  Sounds like a bunch of poo to me.  Irsay, great man, but bat s crazy...as JMV would say.  This WR could be anyone...it could also never happen.  He has been quiet an awfully long time about it at this point.

His 40 time was 4.47. Nothing special, especially for a smaller receiver. I know he's not tiny but he's not big either. Like I said before, average. IMO, he's not worth losing our 1st rder. and having to pay him a huge contract. We could probably get somebody of equal talent with our pick we would have to give up, but pay them much less.

I have mixed feelings on the deal.    If all of this is true,  Irsay/Grigson are acting as if we're one great player away from being a SB contender.   And I don't think we're remotely close to that.

Do, I think Cruz is worth a #1.   Yeah, I do, in a luke-warm way.

But,  there are a large number of very good, very talented, very successful WR's in the NFL who were not drafted in the first round.     As you know the rules now favor the WR's,  so you don't have to be Calvin Johnson to be successful in the NFL.

It's nice to have a Julio Jones or AJ Green,  but teams have been winning Super Bowl's for decades without them.

I'm withholding judgement until I see what the final deal is....

I have mixed feelings on the deal.    If all of this is true,  Irsay/Grigson are acting as if we're one great player away from being a SB contender.   And I don't think we're remotely close to that.

Do, I think Cruz is worth a #1.   Yeah, I do, in a luke-warm way.

But,  there are a large number of very good, very talented, very successful WR's in the NFL who were not drafted in the first round.     As you know the rules now favor the WR's,  so you don't have to be Calvin Johnson to be successful in the NFL.

It's nice to have a Julio Jones or AJ Green,  but teams have been winning Super Bowl's for decades without them.

I'm withholding judgement until I see what the final deal is....

I just think us needing a WR, especially a high priced one(and giving up a 1st rder.) is WAAAAY overblown by most fans because they like the sexy part of the game with sexy names. If WR's won super bowls, Atlanta would rule, but they get close then lose to more balanced teams. 

yall dont under stand that cruz dosent have to play slot WR cuz he didint play slot WR for giants sometime he did but most times he didinthe would be a good addittion to the are young team and hes about the same hight as reggie wayne reggie wayne dosent always play slot ethier he would help us out in the air alot we would have three beast at the WR spot and no team has three good CB think about it reggie has some of the best hands in the league. cruz has the agility to shake people and great hands . then we got my favorite WR on the team t.y. hilton who can burn you with speed and great hands also. what im trying is victor cruz would help make us onstopable in the air

No, for an nfl wr, that's fast too. Watch the combine, not many are running better than a 4.47.

It's track guys that can't run that fast in a 40

I do watch the combine and 4.47 for WR's is nothing more than average. Calvin Johnson at 6'6" 230 lbs ran a 4.32. Receivers Cruz's size blow 4.47 away. For comparison, Reggie ran a 4.45 at the combine and he's never been mistaken for a burner. 

I just think us needing a WR, especially a high priced one(and giving up a 1st rder.) is WAAAAY overblown by most fans because they like the sexy part of the game with sexy names. If WR's won super bowls, Atlanta would rule, but they get close then lose to more balanced teams. 

OK, my friend....    I think we're in reasonably close agreement here...     so let me ask you this....

If the deal is not for Cruz (and I think it is)  but if it's not, and it's for Fitzgerald....    are you ready to give up TWO #1's for him??

Because I think that's the absolute minimum Arizona would want??   And likely more.    I don't think Arizona is ready to trade him, so I don't think this is the deal,  I'm just talking hypothetically here....

Would you trade for Fitzgerald if Arizona is willing and what would you give up?

yall dont under stand that cruz dosent have to play slot WR cuz he didint play slot WR for giants sometime he did but most times he didinthe would be a good addittion to the are young team and hes about the same hight as reggie wayne reggie wayne dosent always play slot ethier he would help us out in the air alot we would have three beast at the WR spot and no team has three good CB think about it reggie has some of the best hands in the league. cruz has the agility to shake people and great hands . then we got my favorite WR on the team t.y. hilton who can burn you with speed and great hands also. what im trying is victor cruz would help make us onstopable in the air

"onstopable"?

1e0d115deaab887e471a8e96c4101412f1857e76

OK, my friend....    I think we're in reasonably close agreement here...     so let me ask you this....

If the deal is not for Cruz (and I think it is)  but if it's not, and it's for Fitzgerald....    are you ready to give up TWO #1's for him??

Because I think that's the absolute minimum Arizona would want??   And likely more.    I don't think Arizona is ready to trade him, so I don't think this is the deal,  I'm just talking hypothetically here....

Would you trade for Fitzgerald if Arizona is willing and what would you give up?

Honestly, I wouldn't give up 1 1st rder. for Fitz. He's supremely talented, but he's also going to be 30 in August. For a WR, that usually means you have 3 more yrs. of good productivity and I wouldn't sacrifice the future for 3 yrs., especially like you said earlier, there are still more pieces to the puzzle needed for us to be serious contenders.

I highly doubt anyone in their right mind would trade 2 number 1s for a soon to be 30 year old WR. I love Larry Fitz, but that'd be insane.

I'll say once again. Cruz is a waste of our 24th pick.

With the exception of last year, Cruz would be a monumental upgrade on our last dozen or so 1st round picks. I'm not saying we need him, but if our O-Line has been bolstered enough through FA, why would anyone want to gamble on a rookie rather than give Luck a Reggie, TY, Cruz, Fleener, Allen, Ballard and Brown armoury?

We dont need another slot WR. We have Hilton! This would be a mistake in my opinion giving up a 1st rounder when that could be used on a pass rusher to replace Mathis or a big WR like Keenan Allen round 1.

Solt Reciever?! Have you seen this guy play? dude, all of last year, every week i would see victor Cruz highlights and i thought that he is a new crop of Greats in the NFL. With Megatron and A.J. Green. Seriously, Hes the #1 wide reciever whichever team he's on. I would rather it be Cruz than anyone else, thats or sure.

That's a tough call...I think that Cruz would bring a certain energy to the team, and I also think that Fitz would finally get some time with a decent QB and make amazing big plays (no one can argue against his hand-eye coordination and altheticism). Plus...either of those guys opposite Reggie would give #85 some breathing room (i.e. less double coverage). One thing I like about Cruz is that he can also play DB pretty good from what I've seen over his career. In a pinch he could theoretically play on both sides of the ball. Fitz is just exciting to watch..he reminds me of a younger Marv. As for who, or what I would give up...well that's pretty heady stuff. I think a RFA would surely cost a 1st rounder, and a trade would likely cost a tier 1 or 2 guy, plus maybe a couple of 3rd or 4th R picks at a later date. One thing is certain...players with those skill sets (both raw and developed) and experience almost always (note I said "almost") brings up the play of rookies.

In other words, success breeds success, and an additional impact player would be a boon to offense on many levels (especially for the young guys). I hate using this example, but even if we give up a couple late picks for Fitz, that's not to say we won't find another gem somewhere in between; we've done that many times (too many to recount).  Look at Brady. He was a 6th rounder, and he's got a ring for almost every finger; not because he ridiculously good, but because the team around him has always been good or excellent. In summary, I like them both; each bring his own style to the Colts culture and both seem to be pretty good guys off the field, which is always a must for any would-be Colt. Any thoughts?

A 40 time doesnt include Press exchanges with the Cornerback or route cuts. His Game speed is Crazy!!!

I love that one guy doing a paraphrased quote from A Few Good Men. I was laughing my butt off.

Cruz is interesting, I don't think I would give up our first round pick for him. I would say deal our first round pick to someone who picked early and wants in on the first round and pick up a second and third round pick.

A 40 time doesnt include Press exchanges with the Cornerback or route cuts. His Game speed is Crazy!!!

I know, but I was asked why I said he had average speed so I answered. No two ways around it, he has average speed for an NFL wideout. I'm not saying his game speed is slow, but IMO we could get equal talent with the pick he would cost us at a fraction of what Cruz would cost us.

We dont need another slot WR. We have Hilton! This would be a mistake in my opinion giving up a 1st rounder when that could be used on a pass rusher to replace Mathis or a big WR like Keenan Allen round 1.

Didn't he play as their #2 this year? And with all of Hakeem Nicks' injuries he must have been their #1 for some games.