Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cruz supposedly spotted at Eagle Creek Airport per JMV

BleedBlu8792

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This idea floating around about Larry Fitzgerald is making it embarrassing to be on here. Seriously People?!!! Larry Fitzgerald?!!! Really?! C'mon guys, think with a lil bit of common sense. You take one tweet from Irsay and you go to the Biggest name in WR?!!  I mean, its like your the Detroit Lions said they wanted Marvin Harrison in 2004, .......yeah, get what im sayin? Its like your ten years old and bragging in school that Santa Claus is gonna put a Ferrari under your tree this year. Your just so sure of it.  Youve been good all year, and darn it, a  Ferrari is what you deserve.  Its like a father, so proud to finally buy his son a Red Ryder BB gun and the whole time the kid thought he was getting a M-16. Common sense people. and please, lets just be happy with what we get.

I have mixed feelings on the deal.    If all of this is true,  Irsay/Grigson are acting as if we're one great player away from being a SB contender.   And I don't think we're remotely close to tha

Do, I think Cruz is worth a #1.   Yeah, I do, in a luke-warm way.

But,  there are a large number of very good, very talented, very successful WR's in the NFL who were not drafted in the first round.     As you know the rules now favor the WR's,  so you don't have to be Calvin Johnson to be successful in the NFL.

It's nice to have a Julio Jones or AJ Green,  but teams have been winning Super Bowl's for decades without them.

I'm withholding judgement until I see what the final deal is....

We were only a few games from being a SB contender last season, therefore with a year's experience for all rookies and new players, and a significantly upgraded roster, I find your pessimism rather unfounded......

To quote Jskinnz, "Dear God...."

This idea floating around about Larry Fitzgerald is making it embarrassing to be on here. Seriously People?!!! Larry Fitzgerald?!!! Really?! C'mon guys, think with a lil bit of common sense. You take one tweet from Irsay and you go to the Biggest name in WR?!!  I mean, its like your the Detroit Lions said they wanted Marvin Harrison in 2004, .......yeah, get what im sayin? Its like your ten years old and bragging in school that Santa Claus is gonna put a Ferrari under your tree this year. Your just so sure of it.  Youve been good all year, and darn it, a  Ferrari is what you deserve.  Its like a father, so proud to finally buy his son a Red Ryder BB gun and the whole time the kid thought he was getting a M-16. Common sense people. and please, lets just be happy with what we get.

We were only a few games from being a SB contender last season, therefore with a year's experience for all rookies and new players, and a significantly upgraded roster, I find your pessimism rather unfounded......

Good for you.

But you have a fan's view.    An objective view,  a professional view would be that we're not that close to being a SB contender.

That's one of the reasons why we're not listed as one of the top 12 SB contenders in any of the Vegas odds, or early predictions from NFL.com or ESPN.com

But maybe their view is unfounded too.....

Good for you.

But you have a fan's view. An objective view, a professional view would be that we're not that close to being a SB contender.

That's one of the reasons why we're not listed as one of the top 12 SB contenders in any of the Vegas odds, or early predictions from NFL.com or ESPN.com

neither were the ravens last year

Take a deep breath.    And chill out.

I brought up the name, and I do while noting that (A)  I don't think the deal is for Fitz and (B) that Arizona would be crazy to trade him.

I only brought it up because of the Irsay hysteria.   Who would he be foaming at the mouth over??   I think it's Cruz.   

I brought up Fitz simply to discuss values.   What is a player worth?   What would you being willing to trade for him?   That's it.

I don't think it's Fitzgerald.   But it's Irsay who fueled this feeding frenzy.

So, take a long deep breath and back off....

neither were the ravens last year

????

Are we talking about the Baltimore Ravens?    You think they weren't one of the top-12 teams heading into last year?

After losing the AFC Championship game in the final seconds to NE the year before??

Somehow I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

????

Are we talking about the Baltimore Ravens? You think they weren't one of the top-12 teams heading into last year?

After losing the AFC Championship game in the final seconds to NE the year before??

Somehow I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

top twelve? , sure they were. top two or three no.. we should be considered top twelve this year. we won 11 games last year

top twelve? , sure they were. top two or three no.. we should be considered top twelve this year. we won 11 games last year

I think we should be top-12 heading into the 2013 season also....

But the early forecasts from NFL.com and ESPN.com and Vegas odds all have us NOT in the top-12.

They remain skeptical of the Colts.    That's a professional view of the Colts.   Not a fans view.

:popcorn:

oye :facepalm: :bag: :funny: apprently emoticons are my friend

Thanks Dustin!

Anyways Why are we stuck on Cruz, yes he may make the most sense, but what we see as value, Irsay may not preceive as value.  If I had my wish, I would want a tall big WR.  Why move up in last years draft to draft Hilton and then trade more picks for Cruz?  Doesn't make sense, not when we can go for someone like Danario Alexander, or any other big receiver?  Maybe the "mystery WR" is someone else?  I see wooper as big in size, I believe Irsay and Pagano as well as Pep want a Fitzgerald, Johnson(s) type of a receiver.  Personally I would love Anquain Boldin but he is too old. . . I just want big, don't care about the name!

Good for you.

But you have a fan's view.    An objective view,  a professional view would be that we're not that close to being a SB contender.

I'm doubting the logic of a PO team, with a significantly improved squad (new players, and maturing rookies etc), not being a few games better........Vegas Smegus.

With the exception of last year, Cruz would be a monumental upgrade on our last dozen or so 1st round picks. I'm not saying we need him, but if our O-Line has been bolstered enough through FA, why would anyone want to gamble on a rookie rather than give Luck a Reggie, TY, Cruz, Fleener, Allen, Ballard and Brown armoury?

Your hate for Polian is deep.

The last dozen 1st rounders.

1998 1 1 Peyton Manning: Hit

1999 1 4 Edgerrin James: Hit
2000 1 28 Rob Morris: Okay
2001 1 30 Reggie Wayne: Hit
2002 1 11 Dwight Freeney: Hit
2003 1 24 Dallas Clark: Hit
2005 1 29 Marlin Jackson: Okay
2006 1 30 Joseph Addai: Hit
2007 1 32 Anthony Gonzalez: Miss
2009 1 27 Donald Brown: Miss
2010 1 31 Jerry Hughes: Miss
2011 1 22 Anthony Castonzo: Hit

Sorry Polian drafted 3 bad picks. Only Gonzo was truly Bill's pick. Want to hate someone, hate Irsay for appointing Chris.

I beg your pardon, I meant half-dozen. Clearly PM, Edge, Dwight, Dallas and Reggie are legends.....

Your hate for Polian is deep.

The last dozen 1st rounders.

1998 1 1 Peyton Manning: Hit
1999 1 4 Edgerrin James: Hit
2000 1 28 Rob Morris: Okay
2001 1 30 Reggie Wayne: Hit
2002 1 11 Dwight Freeney: Hit
2003 1 24 Dallas Clark: Hit
2005 1 29 Marlin Jackson: Okay
2006 1 30 Joseph Addai: Hit
2007 1 32 Anthony Gonzalez: Miss
2009 1 27 Donald Brown: Miss
2010 1 31 Jerry Hughes: Miss
2011 1 22 Anthony Castonzo: Hit

Sorry Polian drafted 3 bad picks.

Big fricken deal. I took Raven to beat the Niners in the SB.........in August, as part of my pool. I also had Flacco as SB MVP. Unfortunately I had Luck as OROTY......although we all know he really was.....

The Bookies have the Bengals, Cowboys, Redskins and even the Panthers higher than us. I trust my own eyes thank you very much. Just because you have a different opinion, doesn't mean you quoting other sources who agree with you makes it all so much better. Stick to your opinion, but leave out the 3rd parties..... 

And NFL.com and ESPN.com also??

Big fricken deal. I took Raven to beat the Niners in the SB.........in August, as part of my pool. I also had Flacco as SB MVP. Unfortunately I had Luck as OROTY......although we all know he really was.....

The Bookies have the Bengals, Cowboys, Redskins and even the Panthers higher than us. I trust my own eyes thank you very much. Just because you have a different opinion, doesn't mean you quoting other sources who agree with you makes it all so much better. Stick to your opinion, but leave out the 3rd parties..... 

If you want to value your opinion over that of professionals -- fine.    Sometimes I do the same.   But not often.

But those aren't just 'other sources'    those are other sources whose livelihood it is to cover the National Football League.   Doesn't mean they're always right -- they're not.   But, they're right more times than they're wrong.  

Let's not pretend that these are just....  'other sources'....    They're not.

Good for you.

And "who" along with all the "professionals" last season said iNDY would not be worth a hill of beans?    

heheh   Hmmmmmmm?

I'm with you Braveheart......

I think we should be top-12 heading into the 2013 season also....

But the early forecasts from NFL.com and ESPN.com and Vegas odds all have us NOT in the top-12.

They remain skeptical of the Colts.    That's a professional view of the Colts.   Not a fans view.

In all fairness, these are the same people that said we wouldn't win over 2 games last season. Do I think we are on the verge of a super bowl? Probably not, but if our signings we made work out this yr. and we get even 2 legit starters out of the draft, then I don't see how were not a top 12 team. I have seen quite a few AFC teams get weaker so far this offseason and we've gotten much stronger IMO. I still think we're at least 1 piece of the o-line short and possibly a little weak at LBer and D-line still, but we aren't that far away IMO. It's all just guesses on everybody's part at this point and quite frankly I don't think NFL.com's or ESPN's opinions are much more valid than anybody else's.

And "who" along with all the "professionals" last season said iNDY would not be worth a hill of beans?    

heheh   Hmmmmmmm?

I'm with you Braveheart......

Are you somehow under the impression -- delusion? -- that people,  even professionals,  are always right?!?  

This is another typical fans reaction.    You don't like the message,  you shoot the messenger.

You want to lump yourself in with Braveheart?   The man who pronounced that the Colts' organizational reputation as well as the reputation of Peyton Manning were ruined by Bill Polian??     You're in with him?     OK,  be my guest.   Two peas in a pod.

In all fairness, these are the same people that said we wouldn't win over 2 games last season. Do I think we are on the verge of a super bowl? Probably not, but if our signings we made work out this yr. and we get even 2 legit starters out of the draft, then I don't see how were not a top 12 team. I have seen quite a few AFC teams get weaker so far this offseason and we've gotten much stronger IMO. I still think we're at least 1 piece of the o-line short and possibly a little weak at LBer and D-line still, but we aren't that far away IMO. It's all just guesses on everybody's part at this point and quite frankly I don't think NFL.com's or ESPN's opinions are much more valid than anybody else's.

Sorry you think this way.    I don't think you're in very good company................

Sorry you think this way.    I don't think you're in very good company................

I may not be, but honestly, those guys at the networks just look at players on paper and make a decision based on that. There is no way of breaking down game tape and making an educated guess on how our team will perform without knowing who all will be on the roster, how they perform together as a team, or how the younger guy's have developed in the offseason. 

There simply is no way of knowing who will be good and who will be bad. It's impossible and therefore, IMO makes it nothing more than a guessing game from the the most educated football observer, to the simplest of fans that know very little. 

Exactly... 

Has NCF dropped the names of Landry or Cossel then I might have given him some respect....    But, he is just another ESPN fanboy.

I may not be, but honestly, those guys at the networks just look at players on paper and make a decision based on that. There is no way of breaking down game tape and making an educated guess on how our team will perform without knowing who all will be on the roster, how they perform together as a team, or how the younger guy's have developed in the offseason. 

There simply is no way of knowing who will be good and who will be bad. It's impossible and therefore, IMO makes it nothing more than a guessing game from the the most educated football observer, to the simplest of fans that knows very little. 

I'm doubting the logic of a PO team, with a significantly improved squad (new players, and maturing rookies etc), not being a few games better........Vegas Smegus.

The problem, as I see it....   you view the Colts as just needing to be a few games better.

But those 'few games'  are playoff wins.   The toughest to come by.   Even with an improved squad and maturing rookies, those last few wins in January in the playoffs are incredibly difficult to get.

Last year, the Colts were among the worst in points allowed,  yard allowed,  sacks, pressure and turnovers created.

We did it mostly on smoke and mirrors.   You can't count on winning 7 games in the final minutes every year.   Our margin of error last year was tiny.   That's not a formula for sustained excellence. 

I'm not ruling out the Colts making the playoffs this year.   I think we've got a good shot.   But we're not a lock.   And I don't see us --- yet --- as a serious Super Bowl contender.   I might change that view in December.   But not here in March.

I maybe a fan....   but I'm not a blind fan....

I apologise. I forgot that you are a 'media' professional. Who spends all his time on a fan board. You speak as if you are representing the media, but you are no more an expert than me, JDee or FX....et al.

You had us 'sucking' last year, am I right?

Are you somehow under the impression -- delusion? -- that people,  even professionals,  are always right?!?  

This is another typical fans reaction.    You don't like the message,  you shoot the messenger.

You want to lump yourself in with Braveheart?   The man who pronounced that the Colts' organizational reputation as well as the reputation of Peyton Manning were ruined by Bill Polian??     You're in with him?     OK,  be my guest.   Two peas in a pod.

Exactly... 

Has NCF dropped the names of Landry or Cossel then I might have given him some respect....    But, he is just another ESPN fanboy.

Trust me,  it's going to take a lot more than a few names that you approve of for you to give me some respect.....

And I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen....

You think I'm some ESPN fanboy?    Fine.    I think you're a homer.   A blind know-nothing fan.

I apologise. I forgot that you are a 'media' professional. Who spends all his time on a fan board. You speak as if you are representing the media, but you are no more an expert than me, JDee or FX....et al.

You had us 'sucking' last year, am I right?

No.   I had the Colts at a likely record of 7 wins.   A better record than most in the media predicted.    I was far, far from having the Colts 'sucking'....

Smoke and mirrors?   Dang....   all that time I thought Indy won because they had a darn good QB?

Whose WR's were 8th or so in the NFL in drops (36)....        oh, and the QB was hit a ton also....  but those things cannot get corrected can they?  

OH...  tops in negative TO margin also...    DANG Indy sucked last year....

We are doomed... 

The problem, as I see it....   you view the Colts as just needing to be a few games better.

But those 'few games'  are playoff wins.   The toughest to come by.   Even with an improved squad and maturing rookies, those last few wins in January in the playoffs are incredibly difficult to get.

Last year, the Colts were among the worst in points allowed,  yard allowed,  sacks, pressure and turnovers created.

We did it mostly on smoke and mirrors.   You can't count on winning 7 games in the final minutes every year.   Our margin of error last year was tiny.   That's not a formula for sustained excellence. 

I'm not ruling out the Colts making the playoffs this year.   I think we've got a good shot.   But we're not a lock.   And I don't see us --- yet --- as a serious Super Bowl contender.   I might change that view in December.   But not here in March.

I maybe a fan....   but I'm not a blind fan....

I have mixed feelings on the deal.    If all of this is true,  Irsay/Grigson are acting as if we're one great player away from being a SB contender.   And I don't think we're remotely close to that.

Do, I think Cruz is worth a #1.   Yeah, I do, in a luke-warm way.

But,  there are a large number of very good, very talented, very successful WR's in the NFL who were not drafted in the first round.     As you know the rules now favor the WR's,  so you don't have to be Calvin Johnson to be successful in the NFL.

It's nice to have a Julio Jones or AJ Green,  but teams have been winning Super Bowl's for decades without them.

I'm withholding judgement until I see what the final deal is....

We are closer then you think.

And don't pay attention to the odds most of the time. It can be interesting but the odds had us losing most of our games last year too. I remember us being 7 pt dogs to both the Pack/Texans at home.

I also remember the Colts being 4 to 5 pt faves to beat the Saints in the SB. And being solid favorites to beat the Steelers in 2005 in the playoffs. As well as being heavy faves to beat San Diego in 2007 in the playoffs. Oh and I remember the Broncos being 10 pt faves to beat the Ravens in the recent playoffs. And the Pats being around 9 pt faves to beat the Ravens in the AFCCG.

I could go on and on.......

And there are some teams who seem to be overly inflated every season in Vegas. Teams like the Cowboys or Eagles for example. Popularity......

If you want to value your opinion over that of professionals -- fine.    Sometimes I do the same.   But not often.

But those aren't just 'other sources'    those are other sources whose livelihood it is to cover the National Football League.   Doesn't mean they're always right -- they're not.   But, they're right more times than they're wrong.  

Let's not pretend that these are just....  'other sources'....    They're not.

Not to get involved in the spat, but part of being a fan is not caring what the experts say. Many of us have been around for a long time. Our team has been called many things. Many times, we weren't given a chance. If I cared what the experts said all the time, Fandom would not exist