Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cruz supposedly spotted at Eagle Creek Airport per JMV

BleedBlu8792

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruz makes sense from Irsay's twitter posts, but not as an actual member of the Colts. I would rather keep the 1st rd. pick and see what we can get. Cruz IMO is an above average receiver, but that's about it. He's average sized with average speed, I don't see the appeal, especially for our 1st rder..

*cough* Marvin Harrison *cough*

Marvin's ability to catch the ball is uncanny though. There is a reason Marvin was taken in the 1st round of the draft and Cruz was undrafted. Not that Cruz is a bad player, but he doesnt have the talent Marvin did in his prime.

Cruz is a game changer and would immediately impact our offense. He can play in the slot or outside. That said, I don’t know if any of these rumors have any validity. I do know he will cost a lot of money whether it is coming from the Colts, Giants, or any other team’s checkbook.

I can understand why a fan would not want the Colts to spend the money, but I can also understand why the Colts should. I believe Cruz would be a huge asset to the Colts offense. Giant’s fans do not want to lose him, because they know how talented he is.

We dont need another slot WR. We have Hilton! This would be a mistake in my opinion giving up a 1st rounder when that could be used on a pass rusher to replace Mathis or a big WR like Keenan Allen round 1.

Marvin's ability to catch the ball is uncanny though. There is a reason Marvin was taken in the 1st round of the draft and Cruz was undrafted. Not that Cruz is a bad player, but he doesnt have the talent Marvin did in his prime.

Draft position means nothing. See Arians Foster as opposed to Cadillac Williams for example.

He's never been a #1 WR though. And his size limits him to be one at only 5-11 200 pounds or so.

Um #2 WR *cough* and WRs move around all the time. Why would you want the smallest guy taking the biggest hits at slot?

I get it, but what Marvin lacked in size he made up with insane ability.

Cruz doesn't.

Route running.. Cruz's route running is good, not Marvin good, and I'm not sure there is ANYONE in the league with Marvin's route running ability, but you don't have a 1500 yard season without decent ability. Besides, as long as Reggie is here he will hold that #1 until he's gone.

Regardless all of this is speculation anyways...