Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cruz supposedly spotted at Eagle Creek Airport per JMV

BleedBlu8792

We are closer then you think.

And don't pay attention to the odds most of the time. It can be interesting but the odds had us losing most of our games last year too. I remember us being 7 pt dogs to both the Pack/Texans at home.

I also remember the Colts being 4 to 5 pt faves to beat the Saints in the SB. And being solid favorites to beat the Steelers in 2005 in the playoffs. As well as being heavy faves to beat San Diego in 2007 in the playoffs. Oh and I remember the Broncos being 10 pt faves to beat the Ravens in the recent playoffs. And the Pats being around 9 pt faves to beat the Ravens in the AFCCG.

I could go on and on.......

And there are some teams who seem to be overly inflated every season in Vegas. Teams like the Cowboys or Eagles for example. Popularity......

PREACH IT SISTER....  ... :td::thmup:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to get involved in the spat, but part of being a fan is not caring what the experts say. Many of us have been around for a long time. Our team has been called many things. Many times, we weren't given a chance. If I cared what the experts said all the time, Fandom would not exist

Believe it or not....    I agree with you!

Nicely said....

We are closer then you think.

And don't pay attention to the odds most of the time. It can be interesting but the odds had us losing most of our games last year too. I remember us being 7 pt dogs to both the Pack/Texans at home.

I also remember the Colts being 4 to 5 pt faves to beat the Saints in the SB. And being solid favorites to beat the Steelers in 2005 in the playoffs. As well as being heavy faves to beat San Diego in 2007 in the playoffs. Oh and I remember the Broncos being 10 pt faves to beat the Ravens in the recent playoffs. And the Pats being around 9 pt faves to beat the Ravens in the AFCCG.

I could go on and on.......

And there are some teams who seem to be overly inflated every season in Vegas. Teams like the Cowboys or Eagles for example. Popularity......

the chargers as well

Why is everyone obsessed with a "big" wr. People think guys like Calvin Johnson just fall out of the sky. There are few..and I mean few Calvin Johnson's, AJ Greens, Julio Jones in the league...and 90% of the time they go in the top 10 picks. Most teams do just fine with great players like Victor Cruz and Greg Jennings and Santonio Holmes. I mean Victor helped lead them to a SB. Also garnered so much attention from defenses that it allowed players like Manningham to get single coverage. Fact is he would garner a lot of attention....You want to roll your safety to support you then have to single cover wayne and ty....and leave a lb on Fleener or Allen. Telling you he is a pro bowl wr....and his size doesn't matter. It hasn't stopped Wes Welker from catching like a million balls over the last 6 years nor Steve Smith or tons of other great "smaller" wrs from being a difference maker. He's a baller....and I would love to have him if the price is right.

????

Are we talking about the Baltimore Ravens?    You think they weren't one of the top-12 teams heading into last year?

After losing the AFC Championship game in the final seconds to NE the year before??

Somehow I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

Ravens were near the top I believe but they are in the playoff mix every season. They were not above NE/Denver though. Brady/Manning will trump most in Vegas at this point. And people lost more faith in the Ravens after Suggs tore his Achilles in the offseason and they figured the D was going to fall apart more and nobody seemed to trust Flacco much to get the job done.

Another team who gets too much respect a times is Pittsburgh.

Good. If you are 4 games 'out' next season, then we will most definitely be in contention......

Braveheart....

Allow me to ask you, and your new best friend John Dee,  a serious question....

Last year, as we were all tossing around our predictions,  one poster (sorry, I don't remember who) actually guessed that the Colts were going to win 11 games and make the playoffs.    Really.   The poster hit it right on the money.

Now....   since you think predictions are a litmus test for genius,  do you think this poster actually knew something about the Colts that no on else here did?     Or, do you think they were just an enthusiastic fan who was caught up in the start of a season optimism that most fans enjoy??     

While you're thinking about it....  here's a hint....   (the poster actually said they had no reason for their guess,  but they were just being enthusiast and optimistic. 

So, citing a fan for being right or wrong means nothing to me. 

And, by the way....    I didn't cite Vegas odds, or espn, or nfl network.   I cited all of them.    

But then again, I'm just a Fanboy....

Exactly...  some teams could have Granny Clampett playing QB and still be picked to go to the playoffs.

Indy has the QB.....       protect him and all will be well........  :td:

Ravens were near the top I believe but they are in the playoff mix every season. They were not above NE/Denver though. Brady/Manning will trump most in Vegas at this point. And people lost more faith in the Ravens after Suggs tore his Achilles in the offseason and they figured the D was going to fall apart more and nobody seemed to trust Flacco much to get the job done.

Another team who gets too much respect a times is Pittsburgh.

Exactly...  some teams could have Granny Clampett playing QB and still be picked to go to the playoffs.

Indy has the QB.....       protect him and all will be well........  :td:

The Colts could get Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, JJ Watt and Revis and still probably not get as much hype as the teams out East or Denver.

It is what it is.......

I apologise. I forgot that you are a 'media' professional. Who spends all his time on a fan board. You speak as if you are representing the media, but you are no more an expert than me, JDee or FX....et al.

You had us 'sucking' last year, am I right?

BH....

I was a media professional.   30 years.    I'm no longer in the game.

I spend my time on a fan board for all the same reasons you and everyone else here does....

I'm a fan of the Colts....

First...   BH and I are OLD friends...   we didn't join the board just because we are in love with LUCK.....   OK>

Second....    I made MY predictions last year based mainly on the Colts BAD schedule...     and the fact they were going to play Weeden, Ponder, Gabbert 2x, Locker 2x, and Sanchez......      I felt Indy's schedule was soft as a baby's bottom.    

Remember "Why not Indy"  ??    And all we heard from you up through week 6 was ....    "settle down"     "don't get excited" ...

Hey may It is OK>>     I've been a fan for "decades" you are just passing bye.......    ???

Go Colts

Braveheart....

Allow me to ask you, and your new best friend John Dee a serious question....

Last year, as we were all tossing around our predictions,  one poster (sorry, I don't remember who) actually guessed that the Colts were going to win 11 games and make the playoffs.    Really.   The poster hit it right on the money.

Now....   since you think predictions are a litmus test for genius,  do you think this poster actually knew something about the Colts that no on else here did?     Or, do you think they were just an enthusiastic fan who was caught up in the start of a season optimism that most fans enjoy??     

While you're thinking about it....  here's a hint....   (the poster actually said they had no reason for their guess,  but they were just being enthusiast and optimistic. 

So, citing a fan for being right or wrong means nothing to me. 

And, by the way....    I didn't cite Vegas odds, or espn, or nfl network.   I cited all of them.    

But then again, I'm just a Fanboy....

First...   BH and I are OLD friends...   we didn't join the board just because we are in love with LUCK.....   OK>

Second....    I made MY predictions last year based mainly on the Colts BAD schedule...     and the fact they were going to play Weeden, Ponder, Gabbert 2x, Locker 2x, and Sanchez......      I felt Indy's schedule was soft as a baby's bottom.    

Remember "Why not Indy"  ??    And all we heard from you up through week 6 was ....    "settle down"     "don't get excited" ...

Hey may It is OK>>     I've been a fan for "decades" you are just passing bye.......    ???

Go Colts

Good for you....

I made my prediction also on our weak schedule....

And my "settle down" and "don't get excited" posts -- as you put it -- were simply an attempt to manage expectations.

I like people here....  I didn't want them too disappointed if things didn't go our way.

By the way,  you haven't shared what your prediction was?    And if wasn't 10 wins plus the playoffs,  then what are we really debating here?

There's nothing wrong with being wrong.    There's nothing wrong with being a blind fan.   

It's all part of fan-dom.... 

This raging debate has gone on entirely too long....      :highfive2:

You do.

Braveheart didn't seem to....    ;)

Wrong. Everybody who has an internet connect knows all about it. And your so called 'raging debate' was all because a stupid old Colts fan dared to suggest that you were being too pessimistic for his liking regarding the Colts crudentials as a SB contender....

Not even as a winner......but as a contender.

Im hoping like heck this dont involve giving up any draft picks this year and certainly not our 24th pick, Would Cruz produce? Obviously, and well no doubt. But wr is not a big enough need to have to sign some big name and give up draft picks to do it, if ya got the QB then he can MAKE your wr's look much better then what they really are

Cruz is worth our pick...    by a long shot....   

Im hoping like heck this dont involve giving up any draft picks this year and certainly not our 24th pick, Would Cruz produce? Obviously, and well no doubt. But wr is not a big enough need to have to sign some big name and give up draft picks to do it, if ya got the QB then he can MAKE your wr's look much better then what they really are

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 18, 2013 - personal disagreement
Hidden by Nadine, March 18, 2013 - personal disagreement

Wrong. Everybody who has an internet connect knows all about it. And your so called 'raging debate' was all because a stupid old Colts fan dared to suggest that you were being too pessimistic for his liking regarding the Colts crudentials as a SB contender....

Not even as a winner......but as a contender.

I don't care at all about being challenged or called wrong.   I've been wrong plenty and will be wrong more in the future.

This became a raging debate because you're too busy trying to prove that you're right and keeping score.    A terrible problem of all Internet fan boards.

I foolishly allowed myself to get caught up in it.    My bad.

John Dee got caught up in it because he's starting his own cottage industry following me around and taking cheap shots.   Par for the course for him.

I'll try harder to avoid these kind silly dustups in the future....     Again, my bad.

I don't care at all about being challenged or called wrong.   I've been wrong plenty and will be wrong more in the future.

This became a raging debate because you're too busy trying to prove that you're right and keeping score.    A terrible problem of all Internet fans boards.

I foolishly allowed myself to get caught up in it.    My bad.

John Dee got caught up in it because he's starting his own cottage industry following me around and taking cheap shots.   Par for the course for him.

I'll try harder to avoid these kind silly dustups in the future....     Again, my bad.

Actually I avoid you ...    I was only "minding" you.       It gets unbearable at times.

Fear not, I'll leave you alone to kick your knowledge.   

Actually I avoid you ...    I was only "minding" you.       It gets unbearable at times.

Fear not, I'll leave you alone to kick your knowledge.   

No worries....

Hey,  here's an idea....    why don't you send me a private e-mail telling me what a lousy poster I am and how much I bother you and other people here just like you?  

Oh, wait.    You've already done that!

And yet, somehow,  I manage to wake-up every day and go on....

Imagine that.......

No worries....

Hey,  here's an idea....    why don't you send me a private e-mail telling me what a lousy poster I am and how much I bother you and other people here just like you?  

Oh, wait.    You've already done that!

And yet, somehow,  I manage to wake-up every day and go on....

Imagine that.......

Does our butt hurt?  

Cruz is worth our pick...    by a long shot....   

No he's not, we have to many other needs that can be addressed at 24, He is very good but a HUGE part of that is his QB. a good and certainly a great QB can make your surrounding offensive players look much better then what some average QB can, would he do great over here in Indy? No doubt about it but not such a huge need that it worth giving up our 24th pick, Heck if we really wanted to we can get, He was an undrafted wr out of  Umass who came to a franchise with a good QB, teams like Jacksonville, Arizona who have wr's that were taken in the first round last year (Blackmon, Floyd in Arizona) arent wont have big years until they get a QB that belongs on the field

In my humble and "unprofessional" opinion I will say that Indy DID indeed address EVER glaring need with the exception of WR.

This team simply WILL NOT roll into training camp as is at WR.     NO WAY.   

The D is "deeper"      the OL is "BETTER"    and the D backfield is "BETTER" ...    

I don't get where you are getting all these needs to fill..     And how Indy will fill them in a esp  weak draft.

No he's not, we have to many other needs that can be addressed at 24, He is very good but a HUGE part of that is his QB. a good and certainly a great QB can make your surrounding offensive players look much better then what some average QB can, would he do great over here in Indy? No doubt about it but not such a huge need that it worth giving up our 24th pick, Heck if we really wanted to we can get, He was an undrafted wr out of  Umass who came to a franchise with a good QB, teams like Jacksonville, Arizona who have wr's that were taken in the first round last year (Blackmon, Floyd in Arizona) arent wont have big years until they get a QB that belongs on the field

In my humble and "unprofessional" opinion I will say that Indy DID indeed address EVER glaring need with the exception of WR.

This team simply WILL NOT roll into training camp as is at WR.     NO WAY.   

The D is "deeper"      the OL is "BETTER"    and the D backfield is "BETTER" ...    

I don't get where you are getting all these needs to fill..     And how Indy will fill them in a esp  weak draft.

if you wanna see the Colts come out with Gregg Toler at Corner, Walden at OLB, and Thomas (who I actually like but think can be upgraded through the draft) then be my guest because I dont want anything to do at this point with Toler being my number 2 and 1 semi productive year from Walden

if you wanna see the Colts come out with Gregg Toler at Corner, Walden at OLB, and Thomas (who I actually like but think can be upgraded through the draft) then be my guest because I dont want anything to do at this point with Toler being my number 2 and 1 semi productive year from Walden

they didn't sign them to ride the bench

Would you have rather Indy signed Barwin over Walden?    Barwin is basically the same player and cost a lot more.

And ALL these D player were not signed to come right in and SAVE THE DAY.      They are simply pieces to a puzzle.

IMO, I think the "suits" are expecting the O to score a bit and perhaps "carry" the D a bit.       After all the D did carry the O for a time last season.

Bring in another STUD WR and I love this O.       Indy will score points.    OL upgraded and health at RB....      

Go Colts.

they didn't sign them to ride the bench