Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now with free agents Signed what do the Colts do in the draft?/My hopes for the draft after free agency. (merge)

ive checked a number of mock drafts and ive never seen him in the first round

Many sites have him projected going in the 1st-2nd round. 

I've seen some mocks where he sneaks to Houston or New England. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins is Raw and would probably not play that much in year one. From what I have read and playing behind At Least Mathis.
You give a lack of Respect to the talent it takes for most players to compete against very talented Grown Men.

But if his attributes, including character, intelligence and Love of the game project him to be the REAL DEAL, our Colts are in need of a guy like that to coach up and turn him loose when ready. He projects to the Mathis/Freeney side correct? This would be a Great year to bring in the next man up for that slot.

ive checked a number of mock drafts and ive never seen him in the first round

How many mocks did AJ Jenkins appear in the 1st in last year? Not trying to be condescending, purely pointing out that GM's BPA boards seem to be DRASTICALLY different than any mock. I believe someone may take Woods in the first. Just for the sake of debate though, I'm on board with trading down to the second; however, if we do, I want Warford! Absolute mauler. He could come in and start immediately. The thing that worries me about Woods is that he wasn't even the best WR on his own team, let alone the best in the country. I worry about him converting his production to the pros. 

Many sites have him projected going in the 1st-2nd round.

I've seen some mocks where he sneaks to Houston or New England.

He won't go in the first. Hunter, Patterson, Hopkins, Austin, and Allen all will go before him. No way 6 WRs go in the first.

For the record I would just like to point out that in order to trade down you have to have a team that's willing to trade up to your spot.

In this draft it seems like everyone wants to trade down and not many want to trade up.  

A number of teams might want to trade up from the 2nd round for a QB ...since none of them are worth a high first

A number of teams might want to trade up from the 2nd round for a QB ...since none of them are worth a high first

Maybe but team's always reach for QB's.

I think the Bills and the Cardinals will take Smith and Barkley.  This might kick off other teams such as the Jets to reach for QB's.  

Maybe but team's always reach for QB's.

I think the Bills and the Cardinals will take Smith and Barkley.  This might kick off other teams such as the Jets to reach for QB's.  

Cardinals may look at geno, it don't think mr deep ball Arians will even look at Barkley

He won't go in the first. Hunter, Patterson, Hopkins, Austin, and Allen all will go before him. No way 6 WRs go in the first.

Hunter and Hopkins are far from being locks in the first round. Woods is as well. I'd also argue that Woods is better than them. He was the best receiver at the combine, which really helped his stock.

Hunter and Hopkins are far from being locks in the first round. Woods is as well. I'd also argue that Woods is better than them. He was the best receiver at the combine, which really helped his stock.

Didn't say they're first round locks, I said they will go before Woods.

How many mocks did AJ Jenkins appear in the 1st in last year? Not trying to be condescending, purely pointing out that GM's BPA boards seem to be DRASTICALLY different than any mock. I believe someone may take Woods in the first. Just for the sake of debate though, I'm on board with trading down to the second; however, if we do, I want Warford! Absolute mauler. He could come in and start immediately. The thing that worries me about Woods is that he wasn't even the best WR on his own team, let alone the best in the country. I worry about him converting his production to the pros.

Jenkins moved up because of physical skills, height and speed. Woods is falling for lack in those areas, plus injury concerns.

Jenkins moved up because of physical skills, height and speed. Woods is falling for lack in those areas, plus injury concerns.

Those are all valid points. Being an Illini Alum, I was really just bringing AJ up as a readily accessible example of players you're not expecting to be drafted in the first doing just that. 

I think at 24 we should be looking at Grabbing Desmond Trufaunt if Xavier rhodes isn't gone which he should be.

After that I think we should be looking at Star Loutolelie who might just fall to us because of the health issues. 

And if we are going to be speed rushing the Edge mostly, get Barkavious Mingo....even though he strength and power is a concern, I think his speed can make us an effective defense..

But I vote for Trufaunt. My other vote was for Matt Elam...who I think maybe could play a little corner...but I wouldn't risk him at corner.

If Warmack slips past the Rams at 16 I wonder if Grigson tries to jump and get him

I know you have 7 posts, but since Grigs has said he does not really want to draft tackles, your theory is warranted.....Warmack....or Jones may be a surprise...

I do still feel BPA by need....but if Warmack falls...he is BPA by need.

I think at 24 we should be looking at Grabbing Desmond Trufaunt if Xavier rhodes isn't gone which he should be.

After that I think we should be looking at Star Loutolelie who might just fall to us because of the health issues. 

And if we are going to be speed rushing the Edge mostly, get Barkavious Mingo....even though he strength and power is a concern, I think his speed can make us an effective defense..

But I vote for Trufaunt. My other vote was for Matt Elam...who I think maybe could play a little corner...but I wouldn't risk him at corner.

Barkavious won't make it out of the top 10. Why should we draft a corner so high when we just signed Toler and re-signed Butler? We can get one later in the draft if it's a concern. Matt Elam is a good player, but once again we don't need him after we signed Landry. I hope we solidify our O-Line a bit more, we also need a pass rusher.

I already thought there was very little chance of Xavier Rhodes being there at 24, but now I'm even more sure after reading this afternoon that the Dolphins are very high on him.  Add to that they've lost Sean Smith and Vontae Davis in the last 2 years and CB becomes a pretty big need for them.  

I'm hoping for a pass rushing OLB, DE/DT hybrid or an OG in the first few rounds.  Wouldn't mind another CB if a great one is there because you never know how much Davis is going to want when his contract is up.

Protecting Luck and/or supplying him with weapons is my guess right now.

So either a WR (we need more options besides Reggie, T.Y. and Brazil). If Tavon Austin falls to us, why not grab him.

Don't believe that we could be so lucky as to see Warmack drop all the way to us, and Cooper will also be gone by then, but maybe Grigson really like one of the other Guards. If he doesn't I think a scenario where we trade down with the niners is quite plausible.

A SS seems highly unlike right now, and I don't believe we'll be going for a 1st round CB, not for a second.

I wouldn't mind us grabbing Tavon Austin though.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this argument??    

Who cares if he wasn't the best WR on his own team?   Because the guy who is -- Marquise Lee -- is a top-10 NFL talent.   He's a seriously talented player.   And if he could've come out this year, he not only would've been the first WR taken,  he probably would've been taken top-10 overall this year.

So, if Woods isn't better than Lee, well.....   no one else is either......

Just sayin.....

That teammate would be the first WR taken this year and a top ten pick. Woods is a stud.

They're all better according to who though? We really don't know and I'd say he's right there with all of them depending on what a GM is looking for.

I totally agree here..       I watched the combine WR workouts..  and Woods looked "fantastic" ...    

Plus he has college production to go with it ....   I would LOVE to have Woods in a Colt uni....

Barkavious won't make it out of the top 10. Why should we draft a corner so high when we just signed Toler and re-signed Butler? We can get one later in the draft if it's a concern. Matt Elam is a good player, but once again we don't need him after we signed Landry. I hope we solidify our O-Line a bit more, we also need a pass rusher.

Because Desmond Trufuant at Corner is better than any Pass Rusher that will be available at that Spot

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this argument??

Who cares if he wasn't the best WR on his own team? Because the guy who is -- Marquise Lee -- is a top-10 NFL talent. He's a seriously talented player. And if he could've come out this year, he not only would've been the first WR taken, he probably would've been taken top-10 overall this year.

So, if Woods isn't better than Lee, well..... no one else is either......

Just sayin.....

Valid point. Can't argue Lee's potential certainly. I suppose I'm just biased because I would prefer to solidify the O line as a whole for the future with a guy like Warford. With that being said, I would definitely not be opposed to Woods rocking the 'shoe. I think our next step should be getting Luck another promising toy to air it out to.

Hes probably one of the most polished if not the most polished recivers coming out. Id say he is more ready for the NFL than about 95% of the recivers coming out this year. He just lacks blazing speed and has had some injuries. But he has good hands, he is a crafty route runner and can create after the catch. Only thing as Ive said multiple times before Lee had on Woods is speed. His pure speed is what got him open which is great. But in ther areas of the game I really think Woods is better overall. Before Lee became big look how much woods produced. He has shown he can produce big time. He just happened not to be the prime target this year and had some injury set backs.

Woods was an absolute stud two years ago. Lee outshined him this year with his explosiveness and big plays but Woods was leaps and bounds a better route runner and has better hands. Mayock has said many times he reminds him of Reggie Wayne and will be a really good pro. I'm ok with taking him in a trade back scenario if we're not going Warford or defense.

Woods was an absolute stud two years ago. Lee outshined him this year with his explosiveness and big plays but Woods was leaps and bounds a better route runner and has better hands. Mayock has said many times he reminds him of Reggie Wayne and will be a really good pro. I'm ok with taking him in a trade back scenario if we're not going Warford or defense.

I also think i heard Polian compare Woods to Wayne today. i could be wrong tho lol

That isn't a lock either. As I said earlier, I'd argue Woods is better than those two.

Woods is a more polished receiver, no doubt about it. But for some reason teams like the speed and flash of others...be interesting none the less.

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING YAYAYAYA

i would take a chance on any player that dramatically dropped for some off the field issues. we have already filled the gaping holes of a good team. why draft a player comparable to ones we already signed? if that type of player doesn't fall to us, trade the pick. hopefully a bad team will still be looking for a qb. i think the colts are in a really good position for the draft.