Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Lebron was in the NFL..?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

So I'm a Heat fan (not a band wagoner btw. i was born in miami and have loved them since i was born) and I love Lebron. Everything about his game including his strength, speed, explosion and finesse game. My question is if he was in the NFL where would he rank as a WR or as a TE in the NFL right now. He was an all state WR in high school and is there anything about him that says he couldn't succeed in the NFL with his speed for his size. I personally think he'd be challenging Calvin as a top WR but that's just my opinion. Barring injury which occurs a lot in the NFL obviously, how good do you think he'd be?

And to the many haters of Lebron, answer without bias. Thanks haha

sorry i have to bow out

I would too but I'm still going to answer lol. As someone else mentioned football is a completely different sport than basketball...just because he dominates there I wouldn't necessarily believe he would be at the same level at this point in his career in the NFL. He would have some tread on the tires by now and would probably still be good at WR but he wouldn't have the media at his feet like he does in the NBA.

The thing with Lebron, he is just a physical freak.

I think he could play any of the ball hawking positions like CB, SS, LB, WR, TE. 

Although I think he picked the right sport in basketball, because the 6'7"-7' beyond guys are just meant to play basketball and wouldn't get attacked in basketball, like they do in football. Also Basketball is a better to the body than football is.

So I'm a Heat fan (not a band wagoner btw. i was born in miami and have loved them since i was born) and I love Lebron. Everything about his game including his strength, speed, explosion and finesse game. My question is if he was in the NFL where would he rank as a WR or as a TE in the NFL right now. He was an all state WR in high school and is there anything about him that says he couldn't succeed in the NFL with his speed for his size. I personally think he'd be challenging Calvin as a top WR but that's just my opinion. Barring injury which occurs a lot in the NFL obviously, how good do you think he'd be?

I Hate Lebron and the fake nba!

I would still hate him

If you just threw him into the NFL right now he probabaly wouldn't be good because he'd have no idea what he's doing. He'd probabaly get blown up by LBs, safeties ect and possibly injured.

Now if he continued playing Football since high school I could see him possibly being a solid football player due to his athleticism. Not sure if he would be up there with KJ though. He would also be oversized for a WR so he'd probabaly be a TE and get absolutely blown up on the line by DEs or LBs. I couldn't see him being a good blocking TE at all but maybe a speedy recieving TE.

I could see LeBron being a very good DE too. He is simply massive. I think he could play DE, TE, or WR. He might have the athleticism to play S, but I don't think he has the ability to play CB. Plus, a 6'8" DB is unheard of

I was thinking DE for a second also but he would be too tall w skinny legs. He would also probabaly get man handled by stronger OL. Compare Lebrons legs for instance to the likes of Freeney's legs lol. Lebron definitely wouldn't be bull rushing his opponents. However if he got on a massive strength regiment, put some weight on this legs and got bigger and stronger who knows.

If you just threw him into the NFL right now he probabaly wouldn't be good because he'd have no idea what he's doing. He'd probabaly get blown up by LBs, safeties ect and possibly injured.

Now if he continued playing Football since high school I could see him possibly being a solid football player due to his athleticism. Not sure if he would be up there with KJ though. He would also be oversized for a WR so he'd probabaly be a TE and get absolutely blown up on the line by DEs or LBs. I couldn't see him being a good blocking TE at all but maybe a speedy recieving TE.

That's the exact "hypothetical" I was thinking of.

Those two distinctions on when he would start playing changes from could he play, and no chance.

I'm not a Celtics fan but I developed a soft spot for those guys last postseason. :)

haha yeah this bunch now you either love or hate. I'm on the love side.

I was born and raised in Indiana and my Dad thought Larry Bird was the greatest basketball player ever. So I'm a Celtics fan because of him lol.

haha yeah this bunch now you either love or hate. I'm on the love side.

I was born and raised in Indiana and my Dad thought Larry Bird was the greatest basketball player ever. So I'm a Celtics fan because of him lol.

Yeah it's the same with a guy like KG. Love him or hate him. I personally think he is awesome. :thmup: I am not a big Rondo fan though so I kinda like this group better without him ATM. Lets see how far they can go.....they have the heart when it matters most that's for sure.

I hate Lebron. I hate the heat. (Almost as much as the bulls and their fans that is.) however, I dont think he could play. He whines when people breathe on him so I'd be concerned about when he gets hit like Wade hit DC that he would get tossed for complaining about being touched.

People, people. LeBron may have done some immature things ("Chosen one" tattoo, the I'm taking my talents to South Beach-show/one hour ESPN special, "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" etc), but is he really that much worse than other players? Or does the madness/hate come from the fact that you finally realize he made that right decision (i.e. leaving that brutally inept Cleveland FO/franchise, who he by the way played his heart out for) in joining/forming a team with high quality players and stars (Wade, Bosh) in order to win a ring? And that you can't stand the fact that the Heat will be a contender for years to come and LeBron will continue to dominate?

Well, I guess since most of you are from Indiana anyway, I'll just leave it with a "stay salty, and we'll see you in the ECF".

Bh4CvHm.gif

People, people. LeBron may have done some immature things ("Chosen one" tattoo, the I'm taking my talents to South Beach-show/one hour ESPN special, "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" etc), but is he really that much worse than other players? Or does the madness/hate come from the fact that you finally realize he made that right decision (i.e. leaving that brutally inept Cleveland FO/franchise, who he by the way played his heart out for) in joining/forming a team with high quality players and stars (Wade, Bosh) in order to win a ring? And that you can't stand the fact that the Heat will be a contender for years to come and LeBron will continue to dominate?

Well, I guess since most of you are from Indiana anyway, I'll just leave it with a "stay salty, and we'll see you in the ECF".

Bh4CvHm.gif

^That bandwagon crowded these days?

^That bandwagon crowded these days?

Yeah, that's not gonna work, buddy. I was born and raised in Miami and have been a heat fan since '99. Try again.

To answer your question, yes it's getting pretty annoying. Even more so than the annoying haters.

Yeah, that's not gonna work, buddy. I was born and raised in Miami and have been a heat fan since '99. Try again.

haha I was just bustin your chops take it easy friend.

Besides you should thank me. I'm a Celtics fan, and if we hadn't whooped Lebron and the Cavs the year he entered free agency, he might never have joined the heat lol.

lmao I see you added me as a hater in your edit. Why so defensive?