Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Lebron was in the NFL..?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Wide receiver

Soft....maybe...

But if this guy decided to pursue football instead of basketball he would be superstar at WR or TE....

Did anyone else hear that Urban Meyer story? I guess Urban Meyer saw Lebron play (football)....and was like who is that guy? And went on saying that he is one of the best WR prospects he has ever seen....

He then asked, Why hasn't anyone recruited that guy? To which the response was...."(laughing) Urban, that's Lebron James - the next Michael Jordan"....

Maybe he would be a good maybe borderline great player but, the fame would not have been there.there's no way he would have a full hour show on his free agency. he would not be thrown into every espn show etc.. Basketball is what Boxing use to be, in that the top 1 or 2 will become crazy famous/iconic and that's about it. everyone knows the top 1% Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron from the last 20 years and I don't think I can put the fame of any other sport star on that level (maybe Tiger Woods) but, beyond that how many people can name a Golden St. Warrior or Milwaukee Buck?

So I'm a Heat fan (not a band wagoner btw. i was born in miami and have loved them since i was born) and I love Lebron. Everything about his game including his strength, speed, explosion and finesse game. My question is if he was in the NFL where would he rank as a WR or as a TE in the NFL right now. He was an all state WR in high school and is there anything about him that says he couldn't succeed in the NFL with his speed for his size. I personally think he'd be challenging Calvin as a top WR but that's just my opinion. Barring injury which occurs a lot in the NFL obviously, how good do you think he'd be?

And to the many haters of Lebron, answer without bias. Thanks haha

He would not be in the NFL...He has the wrong body type...

he would take too many hits to his knees...

you probably just gave a tv executive a brainstorm of a idea! celebrity athlete swap: on this episode Giants closer Sergio Romo will swap jobs with Cowboys QB Tony Romo! also, Heat Forward Lebron James will put on the skates as he trades places with Defensemen Zdeno Chara of the Bruins!

People, people. LeBron may have done some immature things ("Chosen one" tattoo, the I'm taking my talents to South Beach-show/one hour ESPN special, "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" etc), but is he really that much worse than other players? Or does the madness/hate come from the fact that you finally realize he made that right decision (i.e. leaving that brutally inept Cleveland FO/franchise, who he by the way played his heart out for) in joining/forming a team with high quality players and stars (Wade, Bosh) in order to win a ring? And that you can't stand the fact that the Heat will be a contender for years to come and LeBron will continue to dominate?

Well, I guess since most of you are from Indiana anyway, I'll just leave it with a "stay salty, and we'll see you in the ECF".

Bh4CvHm.gif

My issue with LeBron personally is that he's an egotistical narcissist who thinks so highly of himself he doesn't even realize he's an egotistical narcissist.  My problem with his basketball playing is that he's a flopper.  He has all the talent in the world, he has no need to flop, and instead has turned that entire team into a soft team who spend more time complaining to refs than they do actually defending.

If he just learned to shut his mouth and play basketball I could probably be blissfully unaware of his unattractive personality and enjoy watching him play.  Instead I genuinely dislike him.

Maybe he would be a good maybe borderline great player but, the fame would not have been there.there's no way he would have a full hour show on his free agency. he would not be thrown into every espn show etc.. Basketball is what Boxing use to be, in that the top 1 or 2 will become crazy famous/iconic and that's about it. everyone knows the top 1% Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron from the last 20 years and I don't think I can put the fame of any other sport star on that level (maybe Tiger Woods) but, beyond that how many people can name a Golden St. Warrior or Milwaukee Buck?

Stephen Curry and Brandon Jennings :)

Didn't even have to google them lol.

Maybe he would be a good maybe borderline great player but, the fame would not have been there.there's no way he would have a full hour show on his free agency. he would not be thrown into every espn show etc.. Basketball is what Boxing use to be, in that the top 1 or 2 will become crazy famous/iconic and that's about it. everyone knows the top 1% Shaq, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron from the last 20 years and I don't think I can put the fame of any other sport star on that level (maybe Tiger Woods) but, beyond that how many people can name a Golden St. Warrior or Milwaukee Buck?

Golden state. Stephen curry point guard . Bucks I got nothing :P

People, people. LeBron may have done some immature things ("Chosen one" tattoo, the I'm taking my talents to South Beach-show/one hour ESPN special, "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" etc), but is he really that much worse than other players? Or does the madness/hate come from the fact that you finally realize he made that right decision (i.e. leaving that brutally inept Cleveland FO/franchise, who he by the way played his heart out for) in joining/forming a team with high quality players and stars (Wade, Bosh) in order to win a ring? And that you can't stand the fact that the Heat will be a contender for years to come and LeBron will continue to dominate?

Well, I guess since most of you are from Indiana anyway, I'll just leave it with a "stay salty, and we'll see you in the ECF".

Bh4CvHm.gif

Give it up man. The hate will always be there for Lebron for the very reasons you stated. I think what turned most people off to him from the get go was the fact that he called himself the King and hadn't won a thing. Kind of like Aaron Rodgers silly championship belt TD dance that he would do before he won his ring.

Now if you want to discuss a guy who is hated for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than he wins, is good looking, and the best team player in the history of the NFL, I give you one Tom Brady.