Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Kruger Rumor (edit: Kruger to the Browns)

Kruger's agent: My client wants $12M/year

Team: No way!!! He had 1 good year.

Kruger's agent: But he has a good locker room presence.

Team: Well, in that case, you got yourself a deal!!!

Not sure what this is suppossed to mean. My point was that Pagano was at Baltimore from when Kruger was drafted up until last season, meaning that he was able to watch his development in practice, how he prepared off the field, and how he interacts with teammates. Basically, he was around all the years Kruger wasn't productive, so he would have an idea as to his upside moving forward.

For the record, I'm not sold in Kruger, but the Colts are in a good position to make a call as to his long-term potential because of Pagano's history interacting with him.

They obviously aren't going to sign him just because he works hard and is a good teammate...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Mingo to, but no way he falls to us.

I think this draft is so unpredictable at the top.....Grigs is salivating as to who will fall....so many different mocks....I like Mingo and Collins....and Moore as you mentioned in another thread...

I think this draft is so unpredictable at the top.....Grigs is salivating as to who will fall....so many different mocks....I like Mingo and Collins....and Moore as you mentioned in another thread...

I like Collins, but not in the first round

I like Collins, but not in the first round

I like him a lot....I am just lying in wait to see what happens with March 12.  I think we need to react early any not '*foot' around. Hesitation to sign who we want may haunt us.'  I cannot wait to see who falls in the draft too....I think we will be surprised.

Gotta love the Browns forums......it can rival the Jags.

I would want nothing to do with the Colts. They were one of the biggest flukes in NFL history and probably will have a notable regression.

The Browns are due for a "run" type of season. Kruger can't mess around forever.

Gotta love the Browns forums......it can rival the Jags.

It's amazing how clueless some people can be. The Browns are an absolute joke of an organization. They have no QB, their coach is questionable at best, their new GM is a guy that hasn't been able to lock down a NFL job in yrs. and the rest of their roster(outside of 3 players) is terrible.

I would want nothing to do with the Colts. They were one of the biggest flukes in NFL history and probably will have a notable regression.

The Browns are due for a "run" type of season. Kruger can't mess around forever.

The Browns have been due for 50 years. 

I'd take Mingo in the draft over Kruger. Too much hype going into Kruger. Hype that I don't believe he'll live up to honestly

You have to take a few things into consideration.1, Mingo has never played a down in the NFL and may be a bust. 2, Mingo cost a high draft choice where you could satisfy another need, whereas Kruger only cost money. We have to decide who is best to buy in free agency who can help your team the most. Kruger is an up and coming star in my estimation but I would not want him in lieu of improving our OL but hopefully we can do both.

You have to take a few things into consideration.1, Mingo has never played a down in the NFL and may be a bust. 2, Mingo cost a high draft choice where you could satisfy another need, whereas Kruger only cost money. We have to decide who is best to buy in free agency who can help your team the most. Kruger is an up and coming star in my estimation but I would not want him in lieu of improving our OL but hopefully we can do both.

Who's to say Kruger doesn't fall off next year? He came on towards the end of the season. People are hyping him like he's been doing this for years

Who's to say Kruger doesn't fall off next year? He came on towards the end of the season. People are hyping him like he's been doing this for years

if they both bomb out we still have the guy we picked with our 1st draft choice. If he bombs also then we gain nothing I guess. :goodluck:

Just watching Paul Kruger manhandle his opponent, leads me to believe he suddenly will not fall off next year.

As far as Im concerned Let the Browns have him if hes all about the money. If he comes down some and we can sign at a reasonable price than OK. But to me he hasn't quite done enough on a consistent basis to make 12 mil a year. I can come in at a reasonable price and prove his production constantly and improve then we can look at bigger numbers.

Krueger wants to much moolah. He didn't do nothing while Suggs was injured, when Suggs came back, Krueger had 7.5 sacks in 9 games I believe. Way to much money to waste

Doesn't that tell you something? If his production went down when Suggs was out that probably meant he was being double teamed. The same thing happened to Freeney/Mathis when we ran a 4-3. Guess that means we overpaid Mathis and Freeney all those years, huh?

Well I just read a thing on NFL.com that said Avrill agent was saying He wouldnt mind Mario Williams money. Around 100 mill contract. I think we should just drop the Idea almost of getting one of these free agent OLBs becuase appearently they feel they are entitled to these huge contracts. Id say we just pick one up in the draft and go after a third OL and maybe a corner or something. The LB are seeming a little rediculious in thier expectations.

1/2 good season and playoffs and he wants 12mil....browns can have him. Arvril>Butler>Kruger

The argument on Avril is not....is he better than as a player.  The question is :  Is he better in a 3-4 defense.  I do not want to pay 54 million-60 million on a "can Avril play OLB?"  He played at Purdue, but my guess is Pagano thinks Kruger is a fit since he knows him quite well....This from a guy who likes Avrl   :)  Not sure, but this Paul Kruger may be < Avril,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Kruger

200px-Kruger_old_age.jpg

Doesn't that tell you something? If his production went down when Suggs was out that probably meant he was being double teamed. The same thing happened to Freeney/Mathis when we ran a 4-3. Guess that means we overpaid Mathis and Freeney all those years, huh?

Even when freeney and Mathis were both in our pass rush still stunk

The argument on Avril is not....is he better than as a player.  The question is :  Is he better in a 3-4 defense.  I do not want to pay 54 million-60 million on a "can Avril play OLB?"  He played at Purdue, but my guess is Pagano thinks Kruger is a fit since he knows him quite well....This from a guy who likes Avrl   :)  Not sure, but this Paul Kruger may be < Avril,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Kruger

200px-Kruger_old_age.jpg

So pay a guy 10 mil with production for his whole career or pay a player that showed up for playoffs in his contract year. 

The most kruger should get paid is 7 mil max. Im not against him but i think he hasnt showen  enough to get big contract. Butler is a good value pickup guy.

We all love kruger cause we saw him first hand hit AL every snap...but your forgeting we put a middle school OL verse NFL DL. 

So pay a guy 10 mil with production for his whole career or pay a player that showed up for playoffs in his contract year. 

The most kruger should get paid is 7 mil max. Im not against him but i think he hasnt showen  enough to get big contract. Butler is a good value pickup guy.

We all love kruger cause we saw him first hand hit AL every snap...but your forgeting we put a middle school OL verse NFL DL. 

I agree with Butler.  I think he is a 'safe' pick-up.  By that I mean we do not argue 24/7 Avril vs. Kruger :)

Easy now 'Skippy!'  My middle school line was SOLID  haha !!!  10-0!!!  Seriously....

Once again I do like Avril, but is he going to be as Pags and Grigs call a "round hole with a square peg?"  Can he be a 3-4 stud? I believe they want to install the RAVEN defense NOW since we had an unknown last year with D Free.  If we get Avril...I will root him on...and dissect him just line any other player!! :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

Hughes?

Did you watch our game against Baltimore?

Kruger was a nightmare for us to block in that game. As he was for many teams throughout the year.

He never takes a down off. Full effort on every play.

When did Jerry Hughes ever even have a good game?

Did you see our O-line last season? I was a nightmare to block for the Colts last season and i'm 5'9".

I like Avril and i like kruger but is the money theyre asking worth it when the draft is so full of the same type of players? take Jamie collins for instance, 6'3 and 250 and broad jumped over 11 feet and ran a 4.6 40. Thats a freak of nature.