Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release Moore and Dixon

HtownColt

What's the deal with this FB Robert Hughes and why is he being put on the active roster? I've heard Arians on more than one occasion state he doesn't really like using full backs that much because it is more predictable than using tight ends. I wonder what the deal with that is?

Don't know anything about him, but if FB is sizable and a good blocker, this would add to Luck protection in the back and free up Allen and Fleener some more. Also with the line getting better, maybe help punch open a hole for Brown and Ballard to shoot through. Anxious to see if Chapman goes active and see him in action, hopefully not before he is fully ready.

What's the deal with this FB Robert Hughes and why is he being put on the active roster? I've heard Arians on more than one occasion state he doesn't really like using full backs that much because it is more predictable than using tight ends. I wonder what the deal with that is?

Maybe Fleener won't be able to go this week so Hughes will be filling in Allen's spot while Allen will take Fleener's spot....that is the only logical explanation I can come up with right now because I am as much dumbfounded as you..

Moore played in like every special teams group so the fullback should fill his void special teams wise. He wont see the field in the offense.

Maybe Fleener won't be able to go this week so Hughes will be filling in Allen's spot while Allen will take Fleener's spot....that is the only logical explanation I can come up with right now because I am as much dumbfounded as you..

thats what Weslye Saunders is for and we used Reitz as a tight end in some of our packages yesterday when Fleener went down

Hughes played a bit of both half and fullback at Notre Dame and could realistically do either here. He's got fine hands, if I recall (and I'm not the biggest ND fan) he is a good short yardage guy. Not sure about his pass or run blocking ability.

My assumption (and apparently that of many others here) is that he'll be a special teamer, though I think he has the ability to fit into Arians offense as a singleback if the need be (though I won't say how well), and his ability as a FB is only a bonus. I assume he was picked up for his ST duties and the fact that he's more of an unpredictable fullback, if that is the problem Arians has with fullbacks in general.

I don't expect much on offense, though.

Moore was a poor blocker, average runner at best, and didn't he drop at least one pass? Little wonder he's gone, the way the other three looked.

We've been using a bunch of different players in the FB role. It's about time we tried a real FB there.

Not surprising, Moore hasn't been what we thought. Marshay probably signed because Vontae will miss time. Dixon being released could mean Chapman on his way back? Maybe? Please? :)

I don't know what people thought Moore would be. Aside from the clowns at Stampede Blue, there was never any indication that Moore was going to do anything other than get situational snaps. He never really brought anything to the team that our other backs didn't.

I don't know what people thought Moore would be. Aside from the clowns at Stampede Blue, there was never any indication that Moore was going to do anything other than get situational snaps. He never really brought anything to the team that our other backs didn't.

He was brought in to be a good 3rd down back. Supposedly good hands & good blocking in the backfield. We didn't see any of that, so we let him go.

Moore had a single purpose and it had nothing to do with being a significant part of the offense, it had EVERYTHING to do with him being familiar in Arians system which in turn would help teach and or tutor players on offense (especially the running backs) about Arians system, he served his purpose apparently and we have other needs that can be filled

Moore had a single purpose and it had nothing to do with being a significant part of the offense, it had EVERYTHING to do with him being familiar in Arians system which in turn would help teach and or tutor players on offense (especially the running backs) about Arians system, he served his purpose apparently and we have other needs that can be filled

that is probably was the reason he was expendable

I can't say I'm upset to see Moore go....his running was pretty bad. Go Carter!!

Dixon wasn't much to write home about either.

Hopefully Chapman is ready to go, and he's the Godzilla we all hope he is!!

he had 9 total carries this season....9