Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our needs are pretty clear

BProland85

There really isn't an area where we are great other than QB and maybe linebacker. We really need better play from the front 3 on the d line, we need better play from the o line to give luck more time, we need much better play from our secondary, and we need our wr to be more sure handed (other than Wayne). I know people think our receiving core is great but they have dropped a lot of passes

We need to get Lotulelei, T'eo, Hankins, or Werner with our first rounder.

Our front 7 desperately needs a talent infusion, and that includes the linebackers. If we pass on T'eo because of our current LB corps, we're fools.

Te'o isn't that great against the run, struggles to shed blocks..

We need:

A running back who can actually run.

A receiver who can actually catch. (Who isn't named Reggie Wayne)

An offensive lineman that can actually block. (That isn't named Castonzo)

A defence that can tackle a power back.

Not much to ask for is it?

We need to get Lotulelei, T'eo, Hankins, or Werner with our first rounder.

Our front 7 desperately needs a talent infusion, and that includes the linebackers. If we pass on T'eo because of our current LB corps, we're fools.

It's not the LBers it's the gaping holes our Dline allows. T'eo would be garbage behind this Dline too.

Defense, Defense, Defense!

Use Free Agency to sure up the OL, then in the draft, go all defense. In particular, a dominant pass rusher is needed. Someone like Bjoern Werner would be great unless we are in position to get Star Lotulelei or Johnathon Hankins.

I don't believe either Lotulelei or Hankins is a dominant pass rusher. They're more dominant run stuffers.

That's my understanding of them at least.....

I don't believe either Lotulelei or Hankins is a dominant pass rusher. They're more dominant run stuffers.

That's my understanding of them at least.....

That's accurate, although Star's got the kind of first step that should demand double teams on passing downs. They're the kinds of players that'll get you a handful of sacks a year, but wouldn't get to double digits. They're both bigger assets at stuffing the run. That's perfect for us, because pass rushers are useless if teams can run for 5 ypc on you.

We need alot of help especially on Defense. We need a saftey, DE possibly A NT and an OLB. Now offensivley I dont think our line played horrible if you look at it. There were a number of times he had time to make the throw. Some of them no body was open. Jets seconday played well. And eventually If you have to wait long enough pressure is gonna come. We did have some break downs but overall they were not horrible from wbat I saw.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, October 14, 2012 - double post
Hidden by Warhorse, October 14, 2012 - double post

We need alot of help especially on Defense. We need a saftey, DE possibly A NT and an OLB. Now offensivley I dont think our line played horrible if you look at it. There were a number of times he had time to make the throw. Some of them no body was open. Jets seconday played well. And eventually If you have to wait long enough pressure is gonna come. We did have some break downs but overall they were not horrible from wbat I saw.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, October 14, 2012 - double post
Hidden by Warhorse, October 14, 2012 - double post

I like how Luck admitted he played poorly, something Michael Vick would never do. Hopefully the O will clear some things up and look much better against a 1-4 Browns team. I am somewhat worried that battering ram Trent Richardson is going to give the Colts D fits though.

Hopefully they can get it together and come out with a win at home next weekend.

I like how Luck admitted he played poorly, something Michael Vick would never do. Hopefully the O will clear some things up and look much better against a 1-4 Browns team. I am somewhat worried that battering ram Trent Richardson is going to give the Colts D fits though.

Hopefully they can get it together and come out with a win at home next weekend.

Richardson got hurt today. I don't know if he will miss time, but if he does that could be a huge break.

We need a D-line that can stop a run and an O-line (in general, but one that can run) and also special teams (one that return a kickoff past the 20). :)

Also, I'd love to see a relatively healthy team after only 4 games, but I no longer expect that from the Colts.

Luck will be OK, though he had a pretty bad day today. But I'm happy with his first 4 games as a rookie.

We need:

A running back who can actually run.

A receiver who can actually catch. (Who isn't named Reggie Wayne)

An offensive lineman that can actually block. (That isn't named Castonzo)

A defence that can tackle a power back.

Not much to ask for is it?

Running back is far down the list. Donald Brown can play if they use him right and the line holds up. With the picks we have next year need to get a big body on the line in the 1st, o-line in the 3rd and then keep feeding the trenches with best player available in the trenches

Defensively I am looking at this year as a litmus test. Why? Because of the transition from a 4-3 base to a 3-4 base. I half expect that is what the Colts management and coaching staff has done as well and that is why we did not address defesive very much in the draft. They want to have a season to see who really fits in the 3-4 scheme and who does not, then they can fill the needs.

we need a ss really bad zbikowski has been awful. we have a nt in chapman just have to get healthy.

Sure Chapman needs to get healthy, but the notion that this loss was down to Zibi is just plain stupid. Our defense doesn't blow because of Zibi, it just blows. We have average talent overall and without Freeney/Mathis firing on all cylinders we have zero elite players on the defensive side of the ball. Even players who are better than average (Vontae & Angerer) are out injured.

Why isn't anyone on here hammering Bethea? He has been performing well below what we should be able to expect and is easily as much at fault as is Zibi for our defensive problems, if not even more,

Today was just plain awful, attacking and defending.. This years Colts are a mediocre NFL team with a few top players/prospects, nothing more