Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The BIG question: Can we stop Tim Tebow?

oldunclemark

Lets get right down on it.. Mark Sanchez may be booed off the field Sunday..

..and then we face Tim Tebow... and his 'Good Book' playbook.....something we have never seen

...does anyone know the Pagano-style 'D's history against Tebow if any......

..We havent stopped the run well since the turn of the century........

....who's confident we can shackle the Lord's field general and his read option brand of religon?

You mean we haven't had a entire season in which we had a high ranking run D? Because there's been plenty of games over the years where the run D was decent to very good. A 1 dimensional running QB does not scare me, especially when we have a QB that can run just as well but can throw 10x better. Yes we can stop Tebow or we can just out produce him.

I think we could match up quite well against Tim. He hasn't really proven that he can be a threat with his arm. If it were up to me, I would run more contain on the edges. With Mathis out, I wouldn't want to straight blitz Tebow. I think the Kavell Conner should blitz, with Angerer or Freeman spying. As long as we set the edges and plug up the holes, I think we could stop him. Defenses against Tebow require discipline. Don't over run things, play what you see. The CBs can contain their receivers. The wild card to me is Dustin Keller.

well lets break down the "Tebow" teams...

On one hand you have the Broncos last year... Strong Defense, Okay Recievers, and an above average RB, and an above average Oline. They also had a redesigned play book to play to Tebows strengths.

On the other hand you have the Jets... Their D is hurting, their WR are below average or green, their running situation is poor. Who know if they could use him as well as the Broncos did...

I just hope that either QB brings their <50% accuracy with them...

Yes. Teebow only

..and then we face Tim Tebow... and his 'Good Book' playbook.....something we have never seen

His good book playbook only fills one column on his wristband (theres room for three)

So don't count on him coming in and taking over. They need to start him and get him reps before he comes in. When they start him they'll do it right.

You mean we haven't had a entire season in which we had a high ranking run D? Because there's been plenty of games over the years where the run D was decent to very good. A 1 dimensional running QB does not scare me, especially when we have a QB that can run just as well but can throw 10x better. Yes we can stop Tebow or we can just out produce him.

try 1000000000x better

Yes. Teebow only

His good book playbook only fills one column on his wristband (theres room for three)

So don't count on him coming in and taking over. They need to start him and get him reps before he comes in. When they start him they'll do it right.

I hope you're right....because Sanchez.....just isnt playing well at all and except for Keller..he doesn't have quality receivers to help him break out

Do not stack the box. Play him like the Pats did. Have your front seven play good containment to the outside of the D-line on either side, and force him to make reads to throw inside zones, which is when he makes a gazillion mistakes or runs into a bunch of coverage sacks. Give him one-on-one coverage and he thrives throwing against it more. Give him different zone looks.

Get a lead by 2 TDs and play zone, that will make life real difficult for Tebow.

Do not stack the box. Play him like the Pats did. Have your front seven play good containment to the outside of the D-line on either side, and force him to make reads to throw inside zones, which is when he makes a gazillion mistakes or runs into a bunch of coverage sacks. Give him one-on-one coverage and he thrives throwing against it more. Give him different zone looks.

Get a lead by 2 TDs and play zone, that will make life real difficult for Tebow.

sounds good to me :thmup:

The Jets are very much like Denver was when he took over. Beaten down, insecure, lacking confidence. It's the kind of situation he excels at. If he gets the keys, I would expect him to give the entire team a burst of energy. For that reason alone, I wouldn't laugh his presence off as some kind of joke.

The Jets are very much like Denver was when he took over. Beaten down, insecure, lacking confidence. It's the kind of situation he excels at. If he gets the keys, I would expect him to give the entire team a burst of energy. For that reason alone, I wouldn't laugh his presence off as some kind of joke.

That's what I'm saying' duo.....tell 'em

Up here../.we laughed when Tebow faced the Bears last year...

...we werent laughing after 4 quarters.

He's a freak....and when a team has no hope and is fumbling and stumbling....

........he can make a crazy play .....fire up the crowd....and help that team

You must have missed last year's Pitt-Denver playoff game.

You have to take Tebow seriously or God will strike you down..

yeah, i saw a pitt team decimated by injuries and demaryius thomas win the game for denver. trust me, if there was a god he would have struck me down a long time ago...