Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A.Q. Shipley

krunk

lol please Constanzo did not play all that well either..Shipley was the lone bright spot. I'm also curious to see more out of Tony Hills..for some I just feel that we have something there.

If Castonzo was against pretty much any other DE/LB then you would be right. But on this matchup I wasn't looking for him to dominate, I would have been happy to just see him hold his own against possibly the best pass rusher in the NFL. He managed to keep Matthews to 1 sack virtually on his own, with a few chip blocks.

What is with hating on Castonzo he is a young LT and up until this weekend luck was only sacked 5 times while i understand luck is good on his feet and has been getting away that is still a good record especially when you consider that Castonzo was up against Peppers, Allen and Matthews in 3 of the 4 weeks. this team is still getting use to the new scheme and playbook on offense as well as defense and if you notice it was justice not Castonzo that was caught out more than anyone. i know we haven't got a great Oline at the moment but what we do have is a young Oline that if they keep busting their guts will get better over the season and seasons. COLTS ABU.

I agree, I thought it was a blown assignment.

I think I remember which play you are talking about and that was a delayed blitz where whatever his name is waited until AC engaged and then came. That, IMO, is not a missed assignment it's a good defensive call.

I will go back and watch again but Link still does not impress me. IMO, Link played good in the GB only when comparing it to his other games but he is still not what I would call NFL caliber. I picture a conversation like this between Link and Griggs (before PolianI

GM: Link, we think you are a great guy and a hard worker but we just don't think you are ready to be an NFL lineman. So we are going to have to let you go.

Link: I'm sorry to hear that but I disagree, you are not going to let me go.

GM: Yes, here are your papers. Thanks for your time and best of luck.

Link: Before I look at that, why don't you look at the contents of this manila envelope

GM: {Face turning red}

Link: Now, what would your wife or the media think if they saw those?

GM: {Starting to sweat}

Link: {Sits silently}

GM: Link, congratulations you made the 53 man roster and I'm sure with hard work you will be a valuable back-up for the Colts

Link: Oh, I see myself as more of a starter than a back-up don't you?

GM: Um yeah I guess so.

Link: {Pulls out a second envelope} What was that?

GM: Yessir, Mr. Linkenbach sir, what ever you say sir, starter? I agree, tackle, guard wherever you want. Would you like a cold beverage?

But that is just me.

lmao lmao lmao lmao

I went back and watch most of the game and focused on Shipley. There are definitely some things to like about him:

• He seems to have good technique. His base stays wide and he plays flat footed most of the time.
  • Seems to have good not great power both once engaged and on the move.
  • Seems to have good awareness before and during the play
  • Moves constantly.

But his game did improve dramatically when Raji went down. When Raji was in the game, Shipley was struggling quite a bit. That's not horrible, Raji is an excellent NT and the good thing about that is Shipley, even when going against Raji never looked overwhelmed like other certain players I won't name on the Colts line {cough Linkenbach and Justice cough}.

the one play the two d linemen stunted and costanzo didn't hand his man off to link and links man looped around untouched. it happens.

I saw that happen one time so I assume we are talking about the same play, perhaps not but the one I saw he couldn't hand his guy off Link was off balance and would not have been able to handle the guy. So that is not a missed assignment or a missed block.

I thought Shipley held is own against Raji pretty well. Im rewatching the game now and as I am watching it, It seems he does this roll with his hands as he is backpedaling to pass block (perhaps as a distraction to the D Lineman I dunno), Raji is more explosive then one might think for a Nose Tackle, he has a darn good swim move( that I noticed he used that made Linkenbach seemingly whiff on a block a couple times. Im only at the end of the first quarter

I need to see more than one game from him before I think he's an answer. Keep in mind other teams have ZERO tape on hm. Don't think that matters? Look at what happened last year with Painter. Before teams got tape on him he looked like a decent QB. Once teams got tape on him and figured out how to attack him he was awful. I am not saying Shipley will be awful but I do think we need to see him in more than one game no matter how well he played before we fall completely in love with him. With that said for a guy who wasn't even on the roster 48 hours before the game on Sunday he had a VERY good first outing.

Shipley was darn good. One play that stood out was our first run of the 2nd half(Right after the interception) he had no guy to block and books it left side blocks a man that made it to the backfield n keeps Brown/Ballard from loosing yardage on the play. Fantastic.

Im hoping Shipley gets to start sunday I like his strength and awareness, he held up against Raji pretty good for the quarter or so that Raji was in and did really well after Raji got injured

At some point I think they will eventually come to the conclusion that he is the better option over Satele

Im thinking Satele isn't 100 percent

Whenever he(Satele) gets 100 percent I think they are still going to come to the conclusion that Shipley is better.

How many games that will take I am unsure, but I don't think it will be long.

I saw that happen one time so I assume we are talking about the same play, perhaps not but the one I saw he couldn't hand his guy off Link was off balance and would not have been able to handle the guy. So that is not a missed assignment or a missed block.

not sure if link was off balance or not, but castonzo fell for the same stunt later in the game. bad games happen, i'm not too worried about it...

I hope Shipley gets another start Sunday. He had a solid game against the Packers and I would like to see how he does if given another chance. He's not as atheletic as Satele but, he has better tech, better at the point of attack and much more active, hits someone on every play, really hustles. Satele stands around on some pass plays and doesn't even make contact and he gets driven back into the QB on other plays. I feel Shipleys play Sunday, was good enough to give him another start to see if he can show consistency. "GO COLTS"