Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis Foot Sprain

HtownColt

Didnt see it posted on here yet but Vontae Davis has a foot sprain, his foot is in a boot for now. same injury that kept Pierre Garcon out since week 1. so its a toss up of if he will be ready for the Packers game or not. if he practices by next monday I'll expect him to play next sunday

Phillip B Wilson@pwilson24

#Colts CB Vontae Davis has right foot in a boot, says it's a sprain. Don't know how long until he comes back.

Didnt see it posted on here yet but Vontae Davis has a foot sprain, his foot is in a boot for now. same injury that kept Pierre Garcon out since week 1. so its a toss up of if he will be ready for the Packers game or not. if he practices by next monday I'll expect him to play next sunday

#Colts CB Vontae Davis has right foot in a boot, says it's a sprain. Don't know how long until he comes back.

Well not good but probably better than like a high ankle sprain which is what I heard the rumor was yesterday.

I have had a high ankle sprain. It hurt something crazy. Purple up my leg. Took 6 months to get better...of course I was fresh out of HGH. Lol.

Same here. Had a purple/yellowed stripe running up the outside of my calf for months. Even 20 years later after being on my feet all day, my ankle throbs with a dull pain. At the time of the injury, the pain was horrid, like my bones were shattered. Though the X-ray showed no broken bones.

Thanks for the info, Htown. I hadn't heard this bad news yet. Bummer.

I guess we will know more next week about how bad the sprain is. Will see if he ever gets into practice or not......

Regardless though it does sound like Freeney is on track to play against the Packers and possibly Angerer too, so it always seems we can never get the full crew together at the same time lol.

This is not an injury he will be able to come back quickly from plus he will have rust from not running and lifting with his lower body. This really hurts us against the Packers.

without davis were in serious trouble vs the packers, hopefully he can play.

What type of trouble would we be in with Davis? I'm not joking. We don't have a legitimate #3 CB, so they can torch us with their slot WR even if Davis plays.

I'm hoping we sell out with pressure on Rodger, since we will be getting beat deep anyway.

It would take Davis nearly as much time as it does for folks on here to get healed.

The Packers aren't the same team from last year... If they struggle tonight then we'll know for sure but I expect the colts to stay in the game with them.

And if freeney is back? I see a good bit of pressure on rogers

It would take Davis nearly as much time as it does for folks on here to get healed.

The Packers aren't the same team from last year... If they struggle tonight then we'll know for sure but I expect the colts to stay in the game with them.

They play Sunday against another explosive team with their backs against the wall. The loser of that game will have a hard time making the playoffs. I'm not sure who I would want to win, but I wouldn't mind seeing GB continue having problems, if you know what I mean.

Pack do not play until Sunday.

Vontae being out is not a good sign. We need him and Powers on Driver and Jennings. I would hate to have one of our nickel CBs on Jennings or Driver.

That means we will get torched in the passing game, worse than we have before

your forgetting Jordy Nelson also. he is as big of a threat as Jennings or driver. I mean he is coming off of a 1,000 yard season after all.

They play Sunday against another explosive team with their backs against the wall. The loser of that game will have a hard time making the playoffs. I'm not sure who I would want to win, but I wouldn't mind seeing GB continue having problems, if you know what I mean.

I prefer the PAckers to beat the Saints. hey look at it this way if the saints keep losing, they will have a worst record then the rebuilding colts!!! cant complain about that right? a team with one of the more horrifying offenses to face in the NFL with the worst record in the NFL. I like the sound of that!!

Tonight is the ravens and browns game. the packers dont play until sunday.

Vontae Davis hasn't shown much since joining the Colts. He's allowed an incredibly high percentage of receptions that have been thrown his way. Opposing QBs have a ridiculously high rating throwing at him. And when he has made a play on the ball, he's been called for pass interference.

So far...not a good pickup. And based on the way he's been playing in the last three games, we will not miss out on much if he doesn't play in game 5.

Powers on the other hand, has played like our #1 corner. He's been amazing.

Well i think we all expect the packers to win but i doubt alot of us would be surprise if the colts pulled an upset

Vontae Davis hasn't shown much since joining the Colts. He's allowed an incredibly high percentage of receptions that have been thrown his way. Opposing QBs have a ridiculously high rating throwing at him. And when he has made a play on the ball, he's been called for pass interference.

So far...not a good pickup. And based on the way he's been playing in the last three games, we will not miss out on much if he doesn't play in game 5.

how many yards has he gave up. 39yrds vs vikings and what like 25yrds vs jags. and like 75yrds against the Bears(with 42yrds on one play) his high percentage of catches has been on high percentage throws(quick bubble screens, hitches, and 7yrd slants) nothing major but the Jeffery td. I'll take my top cb just giving up those kind of yards a game i can live with that

how many yards has he gave up. 39yrds vs vikings and what like 25yrds vs jags. and like 75yrds against the Bears(with 42yrds on one play) his high percentage of catches has been on high percentage throws(quick bubble screens, hitches, and 7yrd slants) nothing major but the Jeffery td. I'll take my top cb just giving up those kind of yards a game i can live with that

You make a great point. He hasn't given up much yardage, but he hasn't made many successful plays on the ball either. I think that Davis can eventually be what we all hope his is. But for now, I seem to think that he's not quite there yet--but what do I know?

What percentage of passes are you talking about? The 2 yard slant % variety?? What big plays has Davis given up?? I'll give you the PI calls even tho some of those were questionable (replacement refs). Davis is very good against the run as well & will only get better with time. I think if he misses a game or 2 you will see how important he is going to be in the secondary.

You make a great point. He hasn't given up much yardage, but he hasn't made many successful plays on the ball either. I think that Davis can eventually be what we all hope his is. But for now, I seem to think that he's not quite there yet--but what do I know?

Let Davis get settled in some before you write hime off Flash:) I agree with you that he's not there yet but I can't remeber the last time I seen a corner for the Colts w as much talent!!

your forgetting Jordy Nelson also. he is as big of a threat as Jennings or driver. I mean he is coming off of a 1,000 yard season after all.

Yeah, I am thinking of those two off the top of my head, it would be bad trying to have rookies and cast aways defending against Jordy Nelson and James Jones.

And don't get me started on Jermichael Finley.

It'll be a long day for our pass defense

Let Davis get settled in some before you write hime off Flash:) I agree with you that he's not there yet but I can't remeber the last time I seen a corner for the Colts w as much talent!!

I agree with you JTrouble. I haven't written him off yet. I guess the point that I was trying to get across is that he isn't there yet. And if he doesn't play next week, it will not be that much of a loss, since he's not at the top of his game and not that much better than his replacement, at this point. I think he has the potential to be very, very good.

Yeah, I am thinking of those two off the top of my head, it would be bad trying to have rookies and cast aways defending against Jordy Nelson and James Jones.

And don't get me started on Jermichael Finley.

It'll be a long day for our pass defense

I couldnt agree more. i hate to say it but even with davis, as poorly as our pass defense has played (for example the game winning drive Jax put on us) Aaron Rodgers should have no problem throwing up 300 yards and atleast 3 TD's on us. maybe if freeney comes back and just maybe IF angerer comes back and they can help put pressure on rodgers and keep him around 150 - 200 yards 1 or 2 TD's maybe we can keep it a close game. BUT if we get a lead, the defense needs to step up and the OC needs to stop playing concervitive and just running the ball when the passing game is working just fine.