Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis Foot Sprain

HtownColt

Yeah, I am thinking of those two off the top of my head, it would be bad trying to have rookies and cast aways defending against Jordy Nelson and James Jones.

And don't get me started on Jermichael Finley.

It'll be a long day for our pass defense

One of the most overrated players in the league. Drops more passes then he catches at times.

Overall so for the Packers offense is hardly what it was last year but I never expected them to repeat that. People are living on last year still in their minds.......the Pack need to get it going on O and their o line has given up the most sacks in the league in 3 games.

The key will be getting pressure on Rodgers too. That o line is very soft right now but they do play against the last ranked Saints D this weekend so we'll see if they can get going vs. a softer defense too.

I couldnt agree more. i hate to say it but even with davis, as poorly as our pass defense has played (for example the game winning drive Jax put on us) Aaron Rodgers should have no problem throwing up 300 yards and atleast 3 TD's on us. maybe if freeney comes back and just maybe IF angerer comes back and they can help put pressure on rodgers and keep him around 150 - 200 yards 1 or 2 TD's maybe we can keep it a close game. BUT if we get a lead, the defense needs to step up and the OC needs to stop playing concervitive and just running the ball when the passing game is working just fine.

I keep believing that Arians thinks that Luck can't be fully depended on, because he is a rookie.

Luck is beyond his years with pocket awareness and making pressure throws. He should be more trusted by Arians.

I keep believing that Arians thinks that Luck can't be fully depended on, because he is a rookie.

Luck is beyond his years with pocket awareness and making pressure throws. He should be more trusted by Arians.

I don't think Luck's the issue I think it's the fact we are playing with anywhere from three to five rookies on offense at any given moment and four of them are receivers or tightend in Hilton, Fleener, Allen, and Jones. That's not counting Brazil because outside of the Bears game he hasn't played on offense but you could count Adams in that list because he is pretty much a rookie. The other rookie is Ballard when he's out there. So of the skill players you are looking at really three true vets in Wayne, Brown, and Avery, who is in his first year with the Colts and all of them are learning a new offense. Add to that an o-line that has been in flux due to injuries and you can see why maybe they aren't running everything yet. With that said we threw the ball 45 times on Sunday. We didn't really go conservative on Sunday as much as we didn't do a good enough job running the plays that were called. 22 of 46 is way too many incomplete passes even if Luck did everything else well.

Arians is better suited as a QB coach in my opinion. even his offensive play calling is almost as bad as kyle shannahans with all these bubble screens. and he goes back to it on the next play when the first time it got blown up. he even goes away from doing one thing (When it is working so well) and go to a different approach. he is to predictable .

I don't think Luck's the issue I think it's the fact we are playing with anywhere from three to five rookies on offense at any given moment and four of them are receivers or tightend in Hilton, Fleener, Allen, and Jones. That's not counting Brazil because outside of the Bears game he hasn't played on offense but you could count Adams in that list because he is pretty much a rookie. The other rookie is Ballard when he's out there. So of the skill players you are looking at really three true vets in Wayne, Brown, and Avery, who is in his first year with the Colts and all of them are learning a new offense. Add to that an o-line that has been in flux due to injuries and you can see why maybe they aren't running everything yet. With that said we threw the ball 45 times on Sunday. We didn't really go conservative on Sunday as much as we didn't do a good enough job running the plays that were called. 22 of 46 is way too many incomplete passes even if Luck did everything else well.

Arians is better suited as a QB coach in my opinion. even his offensive play calling is almost as bad as kyle shannahans with all these bubble screens. and he goes back to it on the next play when the first time it got blown up. he even goes away from doing one thing (When it is working so well) and go to a different approach. he is to predictable .

How'd we get on Arians play calling from Vontae's Ankle? :lol:

I think Vontae is a good corner with an upside to be great. I think when he gets accustomed to his surroundings with the colts he will be fine. Plus with him coming to a team that is used to putting a winning team on the field it may elivate his game knowing there is a chance to make it to the SB.

I think its because the offense doesnt stay on the field long enough that the defense spends alot of time on the field and is worn out by the 4th qtr and with davis out it hurts our defense that much more. just a guess is all lol.

Yeah, we definitely need to hold the ball more. Those 3 & Outs are killing the Defense

Vontae Davis hasn't shown much since joining the Colts. He's allowed an incredibly high percentage of receptions that have been thrown his way. Opposing QBs have a ridiculously high rating throwing at him. And when he has made a play on the ball, he's been called for pass interference.

So far...not a good pickup. And based on the way he's been playing in the last three games, we will not miss out on much if he doesn't play in game 5.

Powers on the other hand, has played like our #1 corner. He's been amazing.

Jarruad powers has been amazing? R u fo real?

I think this game we have to bring pressure, we can get it on them.. we just have to bring it... if we let rodgers sit back we are screwed but no way as a DC i'm gonna just let rodgers with that WR group sit back and observe.. even with his ability to get out and throw on the run... if we get some hits on him I think we will be ok