Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No, I would prefer a rookie contract for any new WR. If we were closer to the SB window, I'd add another $20M+ WR contract. time.
  3. I wouldn’t trade for any of the wide receivers you’ve been talking about for at least a month. Do you think Ballard wants two WR’s making a goal of roughly $50m. ?!? Not me. And you’ve been told several times that Cincy management promised Burrows that Higgins would be on the 24 Bengals. You’re either forgetting this or ignoring this.
  4. Yeah, not too interested in Deebo. I am interested in Aiyuk, but he probably isn't going anywhere. I'm still good with Pierce, take us another guy to compete with him in 4th or 5th round.
  5. if they have to make a move, I would see them offering Samuel's. Aiyuk is a field stretcher and Samuel has been beaten up because of the type of game he plays. Aiyuk will not be going anywhere. We need a field stretcher
  6. I think Reich was broken by the beginning of 2022, so I don't know if there was any pairing that would have worked for him. But Stroud would have been the best bet.
  7. So 1st of, the OP is updated I wanted to go through draft day trades and evaluate them vs the trade vue charts. Vikings-Jets deal: Vikings send 11, 129 (4th round), 157 (5th round) Jets for 10, 203 (6th round) 10 - 1300 203 - 10.2 1310.2pts 11 - 1250 129 - 43 157 - 28.6 1321.6pts Jets actually took a 6th round loss on the drop down. Vikings-Jaguars deal: Vikings get: 2024 1st-round pick (No. 17)(950) 950pts Jaguars get: 2024 1st-round pick (No. 23)(760) 2024 5th-round pick (No. 167)(24.6) 2025 3rd-round pick(116) 2025 4th-round pick(24.6) 925.2pts Vikings got additional 5th round value for moving down. So Vikings in these 2 trade downs won both trades by additional 5th + 6th Cowboys-Lions deal: Cowboys rec:# 29 +73 Lions rec: #24 and a 2025 seventh-round pick. 24 - (740) 2025 7th - (1) 741pts 29 - (640) 73 - (225) 865pts Cowboys gained 124pts, a late 3rd, in trade down(#94 pick value) Bills-Panthers deal: Panthers rec: #32, #200 Bills rec: #33, #141 32 - 590 200 - 11.4 601.4pts 33 - 580 141 - 35.5 615.5pts Difference of a 6th round pick. Chiefs-Bills deal: Chiefs rec: #28, #133, #248 Bills rec: #32, #95, #221 28 - 660 133 - 39.5 248 - 1 700.5pts 32 - 590 95 - 120 221 - 3 713pts Another trade with a 6th round difference in value So on this small sample size, I would say these trades were pretty close to the charts. Outlier is Cowboys trade with a big gap. Links must of really wanted their guy, I'm sure there was competition to get to that spot, so an overpay makes some sense.
  8. I'll be surprised if we see that again anytime soon. What's really going be interesting is if any are franchise worthy in a few years.
  9. That's because it's never happened before
  10. I agree. I have a hard time believing Frank wanted a sub 6 foot qb over Stroud
  11. Never seen that many qbs in the top 12
  12. That is a tactic UCLA does . All of there d lineman stand in certain situations. He played all over the line including inside and played a lot with his hand in the dirt
  13. Getting up to pick 40 would give us several good options for future starter prospects. Or a bump back into the 2nd for our guy.
  14. Maybe I'm using incorrect terminology when saying he's an OLB (EDGE might be more appropriate, but I'm not sure what an EDGE encompasses compared to a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB ), but I definitely have seen seen him have more reps standing up than with his hand on the ground. He also was asked to play in coverage as well.
  15. Somewhat surprised. I figured it would be odunze at 9. Nabers is very talented, so I understand, and happy to hear he was making offers.
  16. From what I've seen reported Arizona was shutting down any trade requests. They weren't even listening to offers because they wanted MHJ. So yeah... If I had to guess the Colts wanted Nabers. They did work on him, had him on top 30 visit. IMO our best chance was probably the Chargers pick at 5, but it must have been really expensive.
  17. Reddit is essentially internet prospecting. You have to sift through a bunch of waste and junk, but there are occasional nuggets that make it a worthwhile trip. I get the most use out of it in regards to gaming. When I have a question or issue with a game I’m playing I almost always find a solution on Reddit. It’s good for stuff like that, but for general discussion and debate, yeah it’s a total cesspool. I’d bet the farm on it. No hesitation. We spent enough years with frank listening to him talk about what he wanted in a QB and what he wanted them to be able to do that I can’t see frank wanting Young over Stroud even after a 3 week fever dream. Stroud checked all the boxes he ever laid out too perfectly. And after having a full year of sample size on Stroud, he and frank probably would have been a pretty sweet pairing, much akin to the Luck/frank pairing.
  18. it’s like if Latu goes off next year and is rookie of the year, and saying Ballard made a genius move to not trade up and pick Latu because he just knew he’d be there. That’s how ludicrous that argument is. He admitted they felt very lucky, and were… especially if he turns into a pro bowler soon and we look back in hindsight.
  1. Load more activity