Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watt injured

csmopar

Was watching the Texans game, JJ watt suffered a pretty nasty knee injury from the sounds of it, was helped into an ambulance and seemed to be near tears. They also loss one of their other DL guys to a chest injury . Could mean trouble for the texans D . 

When I saw NBC show an ambulance with lights leaving the stadium, I ran to Dr. Chao's website.  Teams don't rush a player to the hospital, even for an ACL tear.  He surmised it could be a Lateral Tibial Plateau fracture.  He was spot on. again.

Now it will be determined whether it is a hairline fracture, or a displaced fracture.  And if (which) any ligaments are involved.  Fortunately nerve and vasculature don't seem to be at issue. This is about weight bearing / articulation thing, not just a pain tolerance issue.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not a good night for Qwiz

Yeah, but it looks like they're staying in it.  I dredd watching the Colts play Houston.  They're going to have to get a lot better.  Fortunately they don't play them for about another month lol.

18 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Wow, sucks to have it happen to such a great guy who was so invested in the hurricane relief program. In terms of the Colts though, the irony is I'm still not liking our chances against the Texans.

Uh...i actually like our chances better without him. The Colts arent so bad. The problem is they can't play more than 1 half.

That looked pretty bad.:(

Whatever happens to Watt in his future now with the NFL, he is going down a hero in Houston and has gone beyond and above anything that could happen on the football field. With donations he has raised and volunteer work.

jj-watt-injury.jpg

5 hours ago, Jules said:

That looked pretty bad.:(

Whatever happens to Watt in his future now with the NFL, he is going down a hero in Houston and has gone beyond and above anything that could happen on the football field. With donations he has raised and volunteer work.

jj-watt-injury.jpg

It's like they said on the broadcast, he's a hero throughout the country. As Colts fans we know all too well how it feels to watch your star player go down... 

Even as a Colts fan, its never good to see anyone's season end with injury, even such a big threat for our two games vs Texans this year. Recently we seem to have had a few big players lost, like OBJ and Dalvin Cook too.

Worse news for the Texans is that Mercilus is now out for the year also, per Rap Sheet, two huge parts of that defence gone in a single game.

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Notice how JJ toughed it out while Odell Beckham cried like a little baby.

im pretty sure both were shedding tears, but i cant blame them 

they are both going to struggle to walk for a while and it could obviously hurt their careers. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

I started watching not too long before Watt went down, so I must have missed that.

Not your fault...

NBC showed Watt on crutches..Watt through  the window in the locker room door..

They have aerial photos of the ambulance as Watt was being driven to the hospital....

Mercilus is just as important to that defense as Watt is now..but everybody loves JJ.

Overall a really bad night for Houston

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Not your fault...

NBC showed Watt on crutches..Watt through  the window in the locker room door..

They have aerial photos of the ambulance as Watt was being driven to the hospital....

Mercilus is just as important to that defense as Watt is now..but everybody loves JJ.

Overall a really bad night for Houston

Agreed. And they were just starting to turn a corner for the season. Very crazy year...

And I still can't figure out the Jags... 

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Everyone knows that. Never witnessed any person cry like that from a broken bone anywhere in the body. He looked like Snoopy crying.

Luke Kueckly cried after his injury last year.   It doesn't make you a lesser man to cry if something terrible just happened to your body

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Notice how JJ toughed it out while Odell Beckham cried like a little baby.

JJ's injury is call a "tibial plateau" and there are six levels of severity so time will tell. Hopefully he will be back in a couple weeks.

Watt was near tears as he entered the sideline medical tent.  It is a painful injury.  Also, thoughts might enter into it.  Who knows if J.J. Wasn’t thinking about his future in the NFL? As well?  I don’t take anything away from any player on his action after a severe injury.  

38 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Watt was near tears as he entered the sideline medical tent.  It is a painful injury.  Also, thoughts might enter into it.  Who knows if J.J. Wasn’t thinking about his future in the NFL? As well?  I don’t take anything away from any player on his action after a severe injury.  

Yeah, pretty much have heard its a string of emotions when you have a devastating injury.. the pain obviously, your journey and life dream could possibly be over, all the time spend traveling, playing, scheming, hanging out with teammates is over..

I'll never judge another man for crying.. we are all just taller children.

16 hours ago, csmopar said:

Was watching the Texans game, JJ watt suffered a pretty nasty knee injury from the sounds of it, was helped into an ambulance and seemed to be near tears. They also loss one of their other DL guys to a chest injury . Could mean trouble for the texans D . 

Broken Leg their Really underrated outside linebacker out for season too with pectoral tear Whitney Mercilus that is gonna hurt that defense.

19 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Broken Leg their Really underrated outside linebacker out for season too with pectoral tear Whitney Mercilus that is gonna hurt that defense.

yeah, and it could mean the end of JJ Watt too.  He may never be the same again. 

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

JJ walked with help did not need to be carted off. I agree his season was half the pain. He missed 13 weeks last year and now 11 this year and he is 28 with a list of injuries.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

JJ walked with help did not need to be carted off. I agree his season was half the pain. He missed 13 weeks last year and now 11 this year and he is 28 with a list of injuries.

Unfortunately, he was indeed carted off, then transported by ambulance to a local hospital.  Here is the report on it from an Orthopedic Surgeon and former head physician for the San Diego Chargers-

" Watt was unable to move the knee and needed to hang his injured left leg off the cart for traction for comfort, and he was sent to the hospital. "

Also reported being carted off the field, and taken by ambulance to hospital here-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/emotional-j-j-watt-leaves-in-ambulance-after-suffering-tibial-plateau-fracture/

His injury is worse than an ACL to that joint, and is nothing like Dez Bryant's hairline fracture of the tibial plateau.  J.J. has a long road to recovery, 3 months minimum, and closer to six months could be quite possible before he's ready to return to football.  Depending upon amount of damage, repercussions could reduce his effectiveness and be permanent.  His high motor caused the injury.  if he gave up on the play when he went down, he would not have injured it, but he tried to get up and still make a play and injured it then... his last step.

And it is already reported he's had corrective surgery, so definitely out 3 to 6 months.  So sad, I know he wants to be out there playing for the Houston fans, after what they have all been through.

Football can be an emotional game. Not only is there pain from such a severe injury, but the realization... you're not finishing this game, playing for your fans... additionally, maybe you're likely not playing anytime soon.. and maybe you may not play the rest of the season, and you are facing an incredibly intense recovery/rehab to get to a point you can play again.  That and so much more.  I'll never judge any player on his emotions... so many things could be involved.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unfortunately, he was indeed carted off, then transported by ambulance to a local hospital.  Here is the report on it from an Orthopedic Surgeon and former head physician for the San Diego Chargers-

" Watt was unable to move the knee and needed to hang his injured left leg off the cart for traction for comfort, and he was sent to the hospital. "

Also reported being carted off the field, and taken by ambulance to hospital here-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/emotional-j-j-watt-leaves-in-ambulance-after-suffering-tibial-plateau-fracture/

His injury is worse than an ACL to that joint, and is nothing like Dez Bryant's hairline fracture of the tibial plateau.  J.J. has a long road to recovery, 3 months minimum, and closer to six months could be quite possible before he's ready to return to football.  Depending upon amount of damage, repercussions could reduce his effectiveness and be permanent.  His high motor caused the injury.  if he gave up on the play when he went down, he would not have injured it, but he tried to get up and still make a play and injured it then... his last step.

And it is already reported he's had corrective surgery, so definitely out 3 to 6 months.  So sad, I know he wants to be out there playing for the Houston fans, after what they have all been through.

Football can be an emotional game. Not only is there pain from such a severe injury, but the realization... you're not finishing this game, playing for your fans... additionally, maybe you're likely not playing anytime soon.. and maybe you may not play the rest of the season, and you are facing an incredibly intense recovery/rehab to get to a point you can play again.  That and so much more.  I'll never judge any player on his emotions... so many things could be involved.

Just awful, thanks for the report