Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watt injured

csmopar

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unfortunately, he was indeed carted off, then transported by ambulance to a local hospital.  Here is the report on it from an Orthopedic Surgeon and former head physician for the San Diego Chargers-

" Watt was unable to move the knee and needed to hang his injured left leg off the cart for traction for comfort, and he was sent to the hospital. "

Also reported being carted off the field, and taken by ambulance to hospital here-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/emotional-j-j-watt-leaves-in-ambulance-after-suffering-tibial-plateau-fracture/

His injury is worse than an ACL to that joint, and is nothing like Dez Bryant's hairline fracture of the tibial plateau.  J.J. has a long road to recovery, 3 months minimum, and closer to six months could be quite possible before he's ready to return to football.  Depending upon amount of damage, repercussions could reduce his effectiveness and be permanent.  His high motor caused the injury.  if he gave up on the play when he went down, he would not have injured it, but he tried to get up and still make a play and injured it then... his last step.

And it is already reported he's had corrective surgery, so definitely out 3 to 6 months.  So sad, I know he wants to be out there playing for the Houston fans, after what they have all been through.

Football can be an emotional game. Not only is there pain from such a severe injury, but the realization... you're not finishing this game, playing for your fans... additionally, maybe you're likely not playing anytime soon.. and maybe you may not play the rest of the season, and you are facing an incredibly intense recovery/rehab to get to a point you can play again.  That and so much more.  I'll never judge any player on his emotions... so many things could be involved.

No, he was not carted off the playing field. Of course they transported him after that !!

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

No, he was not carted off the playing field. Of course they transported him after that !!

Semantics...

I consider all of the field where fans are not allowed as the 'playing field', not just inside the white lines...

" Watt had to be helped to the sidelines and was taken to the locker room on a cart.  "

"He was then helped to his feet and looked to be in a lot of pain and didn't appear to be able to put any weight on the leg as he was helped off the field by two Texans officials.

He remained on the sideline under a tent for a few minutes before being taken to the locker room on a cart."

Two different articles.  Same reported result. I'm sure there are more, but no need.