Indeee

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

What a joke of an owner Irsay has become if he is keeping his fans out of the loop and all along intended to bring these two back. He deserves another mediocre season if no changes are made. 

Honestly I used to love Irsay and think he was the best owner and the league. I don't mind him keeping Grigson. But if as an owner that used to be a previous GM, I cannot believe how dumb he has been the last two years. Every person that knows football outside of football seems to know we need to get rid of Pagano. It's not just us fans. 

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Honestly I used to love Irsay and think he was the best owner and the league. I don't mind him keeping Grigson. But if as an owner that used to be a previous GM, I cannot believe how dumb he has been the last two years. Every person that knows football outside of football seems to know we need to get rid of Pagano. It's not just us fans. 

Not everyone.  I think I have a pretty good understanding of football and I have no problem with keeping Pagano.  You can't make a gourmet meal if you don't have the ingredients.

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Yet i would dump Grigson before Pagano. His stable of at best mediocre players don`t quit on him!

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not everyone.  I think I have a pretty good understanding of football and I have no problem with keeping Pagano.  You can't make a gourmet meal if you don't have the ingredients.

And how do you explain the inconsistency with this team? It all falls on the HC. Plus he hasn't developed players like he should have in the past 4 years or so. 

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Grass is not always greener.....totally different game.  See Spurrier and Saban

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That's why you fire both. The roster isn't so bad that we should lose our division we still have Luck. Grigson hasn't got the right players and Chuck gets blown out by elite teams and allows garbage teams to have great games. Both have failed miserably at their jobs.

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

How long ago was this? And he clearly says that could change anytime. 

The date is at the top of the article sparky.  12-14...just a couple of weeks ago.  And yes, he clearly says that things could change anytime.....COULD being the key word there.

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

And how do you explain the inconsistency with this team? It all falls on the HC. Plus he hasn't developed players like he should have in the past 4 years or so. 

I'm not saying he's the best coach in the league, but besides Belichick, who is?  Yes, the team has been inconsistent.  Very, at times.  What teams have been consistent since 12 (again, besides the Pats).  As far as developing players, you have to start with something.  You can't expect a bunch of free agents to turn into all pros.  And you better hit on your draft picks.  (BTW, that's on Grigson)

I don't want to get into a long discussion, but we all know it's a game of matchups, right?  You build your game plan to take advantage of your 'win' positions and protect your 'loss' positions.  I know that's a simplification, but you know what I'm talking about.  How many 'win' positions do we have, especially on defense?

I honestly think Irsay handcuffed his own hands by giving them both extensions. He also doesn't want to look like a fool right now by getting rid of either one of them only one season after giving extensions. If the rumors are true that he balked at throwing money at Sean Payton, maybe he doesn't want to buy out the contracts and then pay to hire others. 

Just now, Jason_S said:

The date is at the top of the article sparky.  12-14...just a couple of weeks ago.  And yes, he clearly says that things could change anytime.....COULD being the key word there.

I know exactly when it was I was asking you cause everyone points to this 2 week old quote as to why we are not gonna make changes. He left it wide open that we could move on.

12 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Yeah, just because we ignored him, hoping he would change his mind, doesn't mean he didn't address it. I don't really like his decision, especially at head coach, but he told us all along this is what he was planning to do.

20 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

No.    That's not true.    It's not even a little bit true.

One year ago NFL.com reported that League Scources said multiple owners were lined up to hire Pagano if Irsay had fired him.     

I'm not saying that will be true this year,  each year is unique.     But this idea that the whole world knows Pagano is a joke except Irsay is nothing more than fan-boy talk.

Don't read this website and assume that represents the whole football world.     It may represent an unhappy fan base,  but a good owner does not make decisions simply because of an unhappy fan base.

Irsay will speak at some point....

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Can't call for historically awful fake punt calls and allow players to snap it either. Can't keep getting clearly outcoached by the top teams in our conference. I mean come on, were not just losing, were getting smacked with 40 point losses against almost any top team. Pagano goes as far as Andrew takes him 

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I know exactly when it was I was asking you cause everyone points to this 2 week old quote as to why we are not gonna make changes. He left it wide open that we could move on.

See Superman's response.

See, I didn't think he was going to make changes either but I think there was enough chatter among the media and especially the fans that Irsay should've at least put the rumors to rest. Even if it's a short and simple "never thought about letting them go, continuity is key."

He could still be working on a statement for all we know though. That or he could've thought Pagano addressing the media would squash the rumors even if that only made things seem more odd.

34 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

What a joke of an owner Irsay has become if he is keeping his fans out of the loop and all along intended to bring these two back. He deserves another mediocre season if no changes are made. 

Joke? Get real.

wheres the rush?  WHY does he have to tell us his plans only 2 days after the last game?  Personally, i want him to take the time required to make a good decision.  And if he is making a move, why would he tip his hand to other teams also looking for coaches?

its his team, he can make his decision in HIS time.  If WE don't like it, we can buy Texan hats.  

Sheesh , be patient.  Its been 2 days!

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Can't call for historically awful fake punt calls and allow players to snap it either. Can't keep getting clearly outcoached by the top teams in our conference. I mean come on, were not just losing, were getting smacked with 40 point losses against almost any top team. Pagano goes as far as Andrew takes him 

He didn't allow the ball to be snapped.     It wasn't supposed to be.

You can almost read his lips.     "Who said to snap the ball?"      Something close to that.

They were trying to draw NE off-sides.      It blew up terribly.

But bad decisions like that come from a coach who thinks he's doing a good job (maybe not great)  and finds himself getting squeezed by his bosses (Grigson and Irsay) when he thinks he doesn't deserve it.      Pagano was trying too hard. 

One play does not sum-up a Coaches 5 years.

We rarely lose to lesser teams.     The teams we typically lose to are the better teams with much, much better talent.

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

good god here comes more extreme nonsense.   The Colts biggest loss this season was by 21 points.  There was one loss by 16 points and one by 14.  The other 5 losses were by 8 points or less.

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'm not saying he's the best coach in the league, but besides Belichick, who is?  Yes, the team has been inconsistent.  Very, at times.  What teams have been consistent since 12 (again, besides the Pats).  As far as developing players, you have to start with something.  You can't expect a bunch of free agents to turn into all pros.  And you better hit on your draft picks.  (BTW, that's on Grigson)

I don't want to get into a long discussion, but we all know it's a game of matchups, right?  You build your game plan to take advantage of your 'win' positions and protect your 'loss' positions.  I know that's a simplification, but you know what I'm talking about.  How many 'win' positions do we have, especially on defense?

I could name a good amount of coaches I'd rather have over Pagano. 

Belichick

Pete Carroll

Andy Reid

Mike Tomlin

Mike McCarthy

John Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Ron Rivera

Those are just a few who are MUCH better coaches over Pagano. At least those coaches have an identity with their team and have more consistent showings on Sunday's. Indy is an attractive job so I don't buy the argument that maybe Irsay can't get a home run or quality hire. 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

When your team blows *** you release a statement on black monday. You don't just expect everyone to go by a 2 week old quote that wasn't even very concrete to begin with it was a very half *** quote.

Irsay has a twitter account.  B**** at him if it'll make you feel better.  Doing it here accomplishes absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

good god here comes more extreme nonsense.   The Colts biggest loss this season was by 21 points.  There was one loss by 16 points and one by 14.  The other 5 losses were by 8 points or less.

yeah, we aren't losing by 40!  good grief...... only 21 games over the five years that we have lost by 22 points or more

Just now, BProland85 said:

Belichick

Pete Carroll

Andy Reid

Mike Tomlin

Mike McCarthy

John Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Ron Rivera

Those are just a few who are MUCH better coaches over Pagano. At least those coaches have an identity with their team and have more consistent showings on Sunday's. Indy is an attractive job so I don't buy the argument that maybe Irsay can't get a home run or quality hire. 

well that list is just peachy, but uh, how many of those guys are currently available?

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

When your team blows *** you release a statement on black monday. You don't just expect everyone to go by a 2 week old quote that wasn't even very concrete to begin with it was a very half *** quote.

Well, the way I see it is his mind hasn't changed.  Why would he put out a presser essentially saying "My last statement is still the statement that you should believe"?  If his mind changes he will let us know.  I don't think that's too difficult to grasp.  If he puts out a presser now saying he's going to keep them both all of you folks looking to get them fired will just crucify him anyway.  Y'all should just put the torches out and get rid of the tar and feathers.

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Belichick

Pete Carroll

Andy Reid

Mike Tomlin

Mike McCarthy

John Harbaugh

Sean Payton

Ron Rivera

Are any of them available?

Yes,  they have an identity.

But they also have roster's loaded with talent.      Loaded.      Pagano doesn't have that.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

More food for thought.....

didnt a a majority of college bowl games just end yesterday with only the National Title game next Monday to come yet? Now let's say hypothetically, Jim is interested in one of those coaches, say Saban, but Saban doesn't want to talk about it until after the college season is up to limit distractions etc, this hypothetically could be why Jim is waiting,

or 

lets say Harbarugh is the target, Michigan just finished their season over the weekend, maybe he's waiting for a decision to be made so Irsay can make his.

it makes sense to keep pagano and grigson since they are under contract until you have an idea and who you might replace them with. 

Again, this is all pure speculation based literally on thin air so don't quote me, I'm just merely throwing out a theory I've not seen mention

4 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Irsay has a twitter account.  B**** at him if it'll make you feel better.  Doing it here accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Exactly and people are blowing it up so for him to just assume the fans know we are bringing dumb and dumber back is ignorant. I'm to the point where I know the *s will be back so just come out and say it so it's known as a fact. 

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.    That's not true.    It's not even a little bit true.

One year ago NFL.com reported that League Scources said multiple owners were lined up to hire Pagano if Irsay had fired him.     

I'm not saying that will be true this year,  each year is unique.     But this idea that the whole world knows Pagano is a joke except Irsay is nothing more than fan-boy talk.

Don't read this website and assume that represents the whole football world.     It may represent an unhappy fan base,  but a good owner does not make decisions simply because of an unhappy fan base.

Irsay will speak at some point....

If there honestly was a bunch of teams lining up to sign Pagano, I'd hope Jim is on the phone and saying Pagano could be had for a low round draft pick. I'd personally give him away but if they are "lined up" maybe we can steal something before just curbing him. 

Imho, there was no line, these were words tossed out and sensationalized for reporting purposes. 

16 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well,  when you buy a team,  You can put out as many press releases as you like.   Ok

4 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

well that list is just peachy, but uh, how many of those guys are currently available?

The post I replied to implied to whichever coaches are better than Pagano. Clearly no HC is perfect, but there's plenty out there including assistants who if given the chance could do better than Pagano. What has Pagano done other than inherit a franchise QB that led them to an AFC title game, and then regressed every year since? Last I checked Pagano's expertise was defense and they have gotten worse each year. Some of that falls on Grigson not bringing in defensive playmakers but that's why I want both gone. Plus I'm tired of the horrible showings against quality teams and playing down to the competition (Osweiler and Bortles).