Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Antonio Morrison, LB, Florida

tvturner

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

A slow, small ILB, with serious knee injuries, albeit with lots of production. Don't like this one...

Funny you should say that as I don't like it either. I think this was a "need pick." Just before it came in I said to myself "this has to be a LB."  If he totally recovers from the knee injury  I think at best we have a "plug in" 2 down ILB. That would be an OK result from a near the bottom of the 4th draft pick.

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Great competitiveness, motor, and intensity.  He's a 2 down linebacker as of now because of a previous knee injury, but that could be completely healed by the time the season starts and that could give him back some of his athleticism.

I like it..

He is a blitzer and run stopper..He wont be on the field on 3rd down....

He's clearly a little bit crazy....and you like that in a linebacker

I like his level of competition..He was a projected 7th round guy due to his knee, I'm sure.

I want to see this guy on the field...clearly he;s been slow and small all his college career and he was all-SEC

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

One of the top guards in the 4th?of course I did and all the good linebackers are gone so I'm not high on them like everyone else we missed our shot at decent pass rushers this year 

Top guards? He's still falling. I've said before and I'll say it again, this guard class sucks

Freeney and Mathis were both undersized.  I don't really care about that particular assessment.  Does he produce, can he stay healthy?  That is what I care about.  He seems to be "ok" in the first department. 

Also, those incidents off the field were 3 years ago.  Maybe the kid has matured since then. We'll see...

5 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Easy come, easy go. We got an easy extra pick and, well, this was underwhelming. 

Read up on this guy. Mr. Clue....

Comments like: ..'Leader'    'good motor'   'warrior'  'plays through the whistle'

'arrested for barking at a police dog'

I'd at least try him out....sounds a little like Gary Brackett

5 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Easy come, easy go. We got an easy extra pick and, well, this was underwhelming. 

Yeah, I was hoping to be excited by this pick. I'm not. Maybe he'll pull a Chris Borland and play really well.

I haven't watched him specifically, but I've watched plenty of Florida games. He shows up, gets around the ball, likes to hit. Maybe I need to go back and watch his 2014 tape.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Blue said:

Freeney and Mathis were both undersized.  I don't really care about that particular assessment.  Does he produce, can he stay healthy?  That is what I care about.  He seems to be "ok" in the first department. 

Also, those incidents off the field were 3 years ago.  Maybe the kid has matured since then. We'll see...

They jumped off the screen because they were quick, fast, explosive... Morrison is none of those things.

10 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

If we're going to get a slow and undersized ILB with coverage issues I'd have preferred Scooby Wright. 

At least Scooby doesn't have knee issues and off the field issues.

The kid barked back at a police dog and some cop couldn't take a joke.