Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Hassan Ridgeway, DL, Texas

21isSuperman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources Tell Us: "He's more talented than Malcolm Brown was coming out but his conditioning and injuries worry you. With time and money will his weight balloon? Will he be motivated to work in the offseason? He would have benefited by going back to school." -- NFL general manager

NFL Comparison: Kawaan Short

Bottom Line: Ridgeway didn't put together as productive and flashy a junior campaign as he did a sophomore season, but that was due partially to nagging injuries. You can watch snap after snap and clear losses to the blocker are hard to find. Ridgeway has a rare combination of power and athleticism that give him the potential to impact the game on all three downs. His talent could make him the most impactful defensive tackle to come out of this draft, but his floor is lower than some due to concerns over health and conditioning.

From the above NFL.com link

Good Lord..it says his NFL comparison is Kawaan Short.

....I think they must mean that, in the best case scenario, if all his injuries and other issues clear up..

that he could be CLOSE to Kawaan Short

I like the help....in the D-line though  sounds like and 1st and 2nd down player

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Good Lord..it says his NFL comparison is Kawaan Short.

....I think they must mean that, in the best case scenario, if all his injuries and other issues clear up..

that he could be CLOSE to Kawaan Short

I like the help....in the D-line though  sounds like and 1st and 2nd down player

No his ceiling is higher.  And he's most definitely a 3 down guy when/if he reaches his potential.

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

No his ceiling is higher.  And he's most definitely a 3 down guy when/if he reaches his potential.

Wow... Kawaan Short is a pro Bowl guy.

just watched his highlight reel and it is extremely impressive.

I hope he wants to play for us. REALLY wants to play

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

It seems as though his major flaws are conditioning/health.

That is the biggest concern of our DL as a whole right now.  We saw what Anderson could do before he got hurt -- and I don't think we'll see him at full strength by week 1.  Art Jones (IMO, our most talented DL) makes significant contributions to our DL (I think we give up a roughly a yard less per carry when he is on the field), but has struggled with injuries.  Kerr has been pretty solid for us, but a major knock on him has been conditioning.  I don't know if Parry was getting gassed towards the end of the season, or if his play declined a little  (IMO, anyway) due to not having Anderson there alongside him. 

Let's hope our new strength & conditioning coach is all he is cracked up to be and that we can keep our players healthy.  If we can do that, we should have a very capable DL.

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It seems as though his major flaws are conditioning/health.

If he didn't have some flaws , he wouldn't be there in the middle of round 4. Not trying to be smart * but it's really the case.