Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you still think Colts can represent AFC?

coltkingABC

Absolutely.  But we need our corners back to do so.

Luck and the offense will figure things out.

The Defensive front 7 have been solid so far,...The MLB play picked up last week.

We just need Toler and Butler back...and in a bad way.

Guess who has the worst run defense in the nfl...not indy at 3.8 ypc.....NE,...they giving up 5.7

Yes we can. If we lose tomorrow it wont look good though. I hate to put everything on 1 game but teams that start 0-3 have only made the Playoffs 3 times since 1990. I think Luck will figure it out and we should actually win the next 3 games against the Titans, Jags, and Texans to get to 3-2. Based on what the Colts have accomplished the last 3 seasons with Luck I still think we can represent the AFC and maybe win it all. Patriots are a great team but they did lose a lot on Defense and have so far given up 53 points in 2 games. They can be beat, it's tough to Repeat as well. That hasn't been since the Pats did do it in the 2004 Season.

Yes we can. If we lose tomorrow it wont look good though. I hate to put everything on 1 game but teams that start 0-3 have only made the Playoffs 3 times since 1990. I think Luck will figure it out and we should actually win the next 3 games against the Titans, Jags, and Texans to get to 3-2. Based on what the Colts have accomplished the last 3 seasons with Luck I still think we can represent the AFC and maybe win it all. Patriots are a great team but they did lose a lot on Defense and have so far given up 53 points in 2 games. They can be beat, it's tough to Repeat as well. That hasn't been since the Pats did do it in the 2004 Season.

Patriots still find ways to adapt and win though. Their defense might not be as good. But they'll just score more points. They overcome thier weaknesses.

I'm one that isn't going to panic here. The way we've played so far in 2015 is absolutely no different than the way we started last year, and the way we've seen them play a lot last year and the year before. Hot and cold, as if they have a light switch. You better bet that this team will light it up soon. I'm not sure if I can remember more than a few complete games from this team over the last 2 years.

We'll beat the pants off Tennessee tomorrow, mark my words.

I'm one that isn't going to panic here. The way we've played so far in 2015 is absolutely no different than the way we started last year, and the way we've seen them play a lot last year and the year before. Hot and cold, as if they have a light switch. You better bet that this team will light it up soon. I'm not sure if I can remember more than a few complete games from this team over the last 2 years.

Yeah it seems in the Luck era we are always good for laying 4 or 5 eggs and so far we have 2 already. We do own our Division so hopefully that doesn't change.

They represent the AFC along with 15 other teams who were AFC Finalists last year. 

Yeah but we were better than 14 other teams. Unfortunately not better than the Conference Champions being the Pats. It would've been interesting had we played the Ravens in last seasons Title Game. Everyone just assumes the Ravens would've won that game because of the way they played the Pats. It doesn't always work like that though. Colts match up really well with the Ravens and that game would've been here at LOS. Colts also beat the Ravens in the Regular Season 20-13. I think the Colts would've won the Conference had the Pats not made it past the Ravens.

Yeah but we were better than 14 other teams. Unfortunately not better than the Conference Champions being the Pats. It would've been interesting had we played the Ravens in last seasons Title Game. Everyone just assumes the Ravens would've won that game because of the way they played the Pats. It doesn't always work like that though. Colts match up really well with the Ravens and that game would've been here at LOS. Colts also beat the Ravens in the Regular Season 20-13. I think the Colts would've won the Conference had the Pats not made it past the Ravens.

I was only joking about the AFC Finalist banner. 

I don't think the Colts are truly as bad as people are making them out at the moment. They'll get back their juice after they beat down their sorry divisional opponents, and I still think they'll be able to show up in key games when needed. Their last two games were against teams that are well coached on the defensive side of the ball, and that seems to be their weakness right now. 

I'm not sure the Colts win against the Ravens last year if that was the AFCCG. Baltimore's defense was playing lights out in the playoffs last year, and could have easily beaten New England if it weren't for the turnovers they committed in the 4th. Baltimore/Green Bay or Baltimore/Dallas would have been an entertaining SB.

I was only joking about the AFC Finalist banner. 

I don't think the Colts are truly as bad as people are making them out at the moment. They'll get back their juice after they beat down their sorry divisional opponents, and I still think they'll be able to show up in key games when needed. Their last two games were against teams that are well coached on the defensive side of the ball, and that seems to be their weakness right now. 

I'm not sure the Colts win against the Ravens last year if that was the AFCCG. Baltimore's defense was playing lights out in the playoffs last year, and could have easily beaten New England if it weren't for the turnovers they committed in the 4th. Baltimore/Green Bay or Baltimore/Dallas would have been an entertaining SB.

If you notice on my signature line I put 2014 Final 4 Deflategate Finalist instead of 2014 Final 4 AFC Finalist LOL. I did that to be sarcastic as those are the only 3 banners I would hang If I owned the team. Of course World Championship banners and Conference Championship banners should be hung but I think because of the circumstance that took place in the Title Game last season a sarcastic Final 4 banner would be funny if nothing. I wouldn't hang Division Banners or the other AFC Finalist banners if it were me but Irsay is a different kind of dude.

Can the Colts go on a magical 14-2 run or 13-3 run, or is this team reality that it is pretty mediocre? Is Super Bowl still in sight?

The choices are NOT 14-2/13-3 or pretty mediocre.     There's plenty in between.

We could go 11-5 or 10-6 and that's not close to pretty mediocre.

Could we go on a run?     Possible,  but highly unlikely.    Our flaws will likely prevent that from happening.

More likely we win 10 or 11 games, and maybe a post-season game or two and then our season comes to an end.

That's not a mediocre season.   Now, it may be disappointing (with all the expectations we've had)  but it's not mediocre.

It is different. We were actually competitive in those two games last year. Even Dwayne Allen said it's not the same 0-2 as last year.

That said we can turn it around and I pray we do.

It is different. We were actually competitive in those two games last year. Even Dwayne Allen said it's not the same 0-2 as last year.

That said we can turn it around and I pray we do.

Sure Allen said that but because he said that I think too many have run off with it too.

A lot of questions will be known soon enough when we play in TN.......

So in the end the best question is not if we can represent the AFC but the AFC South.

lol

I think just by winning the AFC South puts us in position to win the AFC. We get a home game automatically in Round 1 so that will be a win, then we will see? I think we can win anywhere on the road if we play like we have the last 2 seasons except at NE.

They say things happen in 3's. So maybe this is the third year we can sweep the South again.

Yeah, or using the theory of 3, the colts could lose tomorrow moving to 0-3, then go on to finish the season at 3-13, and represent the AFC withe the 3rd pick in next uears draft!!!!

Or they could show up in the 2nd half of tomorrows game & win by 3 with a Vinny fg...

Who knows...

Yeah, or using the theory of 3, the colts could lose tomorrow moving to 0-3, then go on to finish the season at 3-13, and represent the AFC withe the 3rd pick in next uears draft!!!!

Or they could show up in the 2nd half of tomorrows game & win by 3 with a Vinny fg...

Who knows...

OK, i'll bite on the theory of 3:

Either what you said, or:

Colts go on a big run starting tomorrow, go 13-3, go to Indy's 3rd SB, and win the Colts 3rd championship. ...all because they go  3 months without another loss.

- I maybe a fan, but i'm not really that delusional....lol-

OK, i'll bite on the theory of 3:

Either what you said, or:

Colts go on a big run starting tomorrow, go 13-3, go to Indy's 3rd SB, and win the Colts 3rd championship. ...all because they go  3 months without another loss.

- I maybe a fan, but i'm not really that delusional....lol-

Ha, i like it...

Why not...

Its late, & sometimes i post nonsense...

Well, a win tomorrow would be a start. If they lose the game, then no. I think they're done if that happens and that's coming from an optimist. This is going to be a great opportunity for a divisional foe to step on the Colts throats. Anything is a possibility at this point, it's still incredibly early but an 0-3 start would be hard to recover from. I think the schedule is pretty tough also, contrary to what people stated early on with regard to them having an easy schedule. With the way they're playing it only looks tougher.