Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are you afraid of Coach Bill Belichick?

coltkingABC

First thing I thought of reading the title:

are_you_afraid_of_dark.jpg

But honestly, Bill is a tough to out coach. He's very smart and knows how to adjust well during the game. I think most teams never under estimate him for obvious reasons. Not much of a debate here but I wouldn't say anyone is afraid of him.

He has a brilliant football mind. Any opponent (or opponent fan) of his should "fear" him, within the proper context of course. The scandals have eroded much of the mystique, but the brilliance is readily apparent. 

What he was doing last year with the ability to utterly paralyze opposing defenses into not having a clue who was, and who was not eligible, was a brilliant move. He outsmarted the rule book for cripes sake, and forced a rule change. 

The minutia of his brilliance can be seen game in and game out, going on decades now. 

Are you afraid of Coach Bill Belichick's way of coaching, or do you think it's all fluff with the Deflategate and Spygate scandals that have hovered around the Patriots' organization?

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of him . . . That would be weird.

I think he's a good coach.

My issue is that I believe he and his organization will do anything they think they can get away with to get some sort of edge.  The rule book only matters when it works to their advantage. . . when it doesn't it's simply ignored.  

Honestly I doubt that spygate and deflate gate are the extent of their violation of the rules.  I think they will violate any rule that will give them an edge and they believe they can get away with.  

Yes...that death stare he gives reporters sometimes chills me to the core. He and Mike Tomlin have got to be the most intimidating guys.....oh yeah and the guy knows how to plan for a team like no other. Best HC in the league for more than a decade.

I am very afraid of some sports figure that I only witness through a screen.

Well, I was afraid of Darth Vader as a little kid when I first saw him on screen in 1977 in the original Star Wars movie Bogie, but I digress. Another topic for another thread. 

Since Belichick is often referred to as Vader himself, that's why I brought him up. Just stay away from volcanoes Bill which means no vacationing in Hawaii dude. 

Well, I was afraid of Darth Vader as a little kid when I first saw him on screen in 1977 in the original Star Wars movie Bogie, but I digress. Another topic for another thread. 

Since Belichick is often referred to as Vader himself, that's why I brought him up. Just stay away from volcanoes Bill which means no vacationing in Hawaii dude. 

Off topic but I am bored as hell with sports recently; since they announced several new spin off Star Wars films, I have my fingers crossed for the Vader of Knights of the Old Republic to get his own movie; Malak can give nightmares to the new generation of young Star Wars.

2010033-darth_malak_by_irishmile.jpg

Off topic but I am bored as hell with sports recently; since they announced several new spin off Star Wars films, I have my fingers crossed for the Vader of Knights of the Old Republic to get his own movie; Malak can give nightmares to the new generation of young Star Wars.

2010033-darth_malak_by_irishmile.jpg

Yeah, I watched my nephew Wyatt play "Knights of the Old Republic" on his XBOX, which was pretty slick. He's the gamer in our family. I, on the other hand, suck at playing video games. I'm like Conan O'Brian when he does his segments on 'Clueless Gamer' on his late night TBS show. I have no idea what the hades I'm doing & it doesn't really phase or bother me either. I do appreciate people who play games well though. I just know my limitations exceptionally well.  haha

Looking forward to the new "Force Awakens" flick though. Please don't bleep it up & pull a George Lucas. I'm counting on you director J.J. Abrams. 

Bill Belichick is a spot on match for the Emperor/Senator Palpatine too. I like those spoof comparisons for entertainment value alone. Nothing personal naturally.

"Your overconfidence is your weakness" --Luke Skywalker. "You're faith in your friends is yours." --Emperor. "Return Of The Jedi."

EmperorBelichick.jpg

Whether you think Belichick plays fast & loose with established rules is irrelevant, just look at what he did with Matt Cassel in 2008. I was astounded when NE won I think 10 games that year with a backup QB. 

The Patriots will be in the Playoffs just like they always are. Nothing changes. I am curious to see what Rex Ryan has in store for Foxboro though because Rex will take an already suffocating defense next level. 

Can you imagine if Jim Kelly had Rex Ryan's defense his entire career? 3 rings easy. He's the 1 HOF guy that I grew up watching that I wanted to see get a ring. I loved Warren Moon too so if I could give 2 QBs hardware. They'd be it hands down. 

Whether you think Belichick plays fast & loose with established rules is irrelevant, just look at what he did with Matt Cassel in 2008. I was astounded when NE won I think 10 games that year with a backup QB. 

pretty sure it was eleven. they missed the playoffs because new york won the division & they lost some unlikely wildcard tie breakers

sort of like 2006 when the fourth seeded patriots had to visit the third seeded colts in the afc championship game, which got us a superbowl win

crazy coincidences like that make the nfl endlessly fascinating

pretty sure it was eleven. they missed the playoffs because new york won the division & they lost some unlikely wildcard tie breakers

sort of like 2006 when the fourth seeded patriots had to visit the third seeded colts in the afc championship game, which got us a superbowl win

crazy coincidences like that make the nfl endlessly fascinating

You're probably right. 11-5 sounds accurate SDS. Yeah, I love coincidences that work in my team's favor or when Dallas falls short of doing something respectable. Either one suits me just fine.  :P

You're probably right. 11-5 sounds accurate SDS. Yeah, I love coincidences that work in my team's favor or when Dallas falls short of doing something respectable. Either one suits me just fine.  :P

preach it bro. right there with you. we can always count on jerry jones to do something "bold" and have it blow up in his face  :bossy:

SMH

LOL! Yeah I know, I'm a little obsessive over Star Wars stuff. The defining film of my generation. But, to my credit, I can mock it's cultural craze too & the links some fans go to define their entire lives by that picture/trilogy. The original saga, not that Prequel crap BTW. 

Translation: You'll never see me at a Comic Con convention, but I'm glad you liked the over the top storm trooper piano recital Supes. So cheesy it was hysterical right? That's the angle I was shooting for man.  

preach it bro. right there with you. we can always count on jerry jones to do something "bold" and have it blow up in his face  :bossy:

Exactly, like when the NY Giants clobbered Dallas after Jerry Jones had guaranteed a playoff appearance in 2007 I believe & he had even gotten post season tickets as motivation.

The Cowboys can't help themselves. The fall for their own "america's team" nonsense every darn year & then get taken out to the woodshed/lose. It's just so awesome. I never get tired of the same dog & pony show like an early X-mas present man. 

I ain't afraid of anything! ... except wasps

What have you got against white anglo saxon protestants? Or is this a Blackie Lawless heavy metal 1985 Parents Music Resource Center thing over offensive music lyrics? Only teasing MTNVG! 

I get your dislike for these insects though. I was stung by about 20 wasps at once when I was about 12 or 13 when they stumbled upon their hive near my basement's house I grew up in as a kid. Not a pleasant experience at all. 

I get your dislike for these insects though. I was stung by about 20 wasps at once when I was about 12 or 13 when they stumbled upon their hive near my basement's house I grew up in as a kid. Not a pleasant experience at all. 

I certainly look real manly running away at the first sight of a wasp, I try to play it off by pimp walking back when it flies away.

I love my coach.

In Bill's defense, his team is the reigning SB Champion so clearly he's doing something right. Why change now? If the mojo is working, don't mess with it. I catch your drift FE.

Your club can still bask in the glory til the official regular season kickoff in September. 

All this talk about Tom's legacy...where does Bill's stand?

I hate it but I think he's still the GOAT or 2nd GOAT coach behind Vince. He has a Ric Flair type thing going on. He doesn't have to cheat, he likes to cheat. Getting away with this stuff is what keeps his fire going.

Bill had some head coaching problems at previous locations...most notably Cleveland.  Cleveland ran him out of town on a rail.  His style was not working.  

When he got to New England, he worked his way into 'mastermind' status."  He always finds the true weakness in every team he faces.  The man is a winner despite all of the all the accusations and truths...no argument here.  :)  

To be scared is not the right word.  The word needs to be..RESPECT.  If you do not respect the hoodie....he will bite the head off of your rattlesnake.  He is like an assassin.  He will never let up in tearing up teams.

I will never be scared of the legendary coach.....but I sure do RESPECT him.

Bill had some head coaching problems at previous locations...most notably Cleveland.  Cleveland ran him out of town on a rail.  His style was not working.  

When he got to New England, he worked his way into 'mastermind' status."  He always finds the true weakness in every team he faces.  The man is a winner despite all of the all the accusations and truths...no argument here.   :)

To be scared is not the right word.  The word needs to be..RESPECT.  If you do not respect the hoodie....he will bite the head off of your rattlesnake.  He is like an assassin.  He will never let up in tearing up teams.

I will never be scared of the legendary coach.....but I sure do RESPECT him.

Yes Brother he preys on your weakness and you must be prepared.