Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darren Sproles is coming to town

LordHelpOurColts

IcEWoLF, on 12 Sept 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:

Well the player you should be watching is McCoy...Sproles is going to be just a 3rd down back.

Kind of like when Santa is coming to town... but Sproles will give us some fumbles. Foles his elf buddy will throw some picks. I'm excited.

Colts D gonna have another tough night ahead of them with this offense.

Well the player you should be watching is McCoy...Sproles is going to be just a 3rd down back.

I didnt completely watch the game but Sproles numbers suggest he wasnt just a third down back and McCoy did horrid compared to his norm.  But i guess 11 carries and 4 receptions isn't a whole lot.  But he sure made use of what he got.

I didnt completely watch the game but Sproles numbers suggest he wasnt just a third down back and McCoy did horrid compared to his norm.  But i guess 11 carries and 4 receptions isn't a whole lot.  But he sure made use of what he got.

Sproles was the biggest playmaker in that game, for sure.

He doesn't need to be durable in Week 2. And he's not too old to rip off a 50 yard TD.

If I recall, he suffered injuries with the Saints. Could have him confused with PT though.

His main weakness though is his size, he's so little but man does he take punishment. He took some huge hits in 2012, probably our most punished player that season.

The Colts should be fine, I have more faith in their defense than I do Philly's offense that went blank against Jacksonville of all teams last week.

If I recall, he suffered injuries with the Saints. Could have him confused with PT though.

His main weakness though is his size, he's so little but man does he take punishment. He took some huge hits in 2012, probably our most punished player that season.

The Colts should be fine, I have more faith in their defense than I do Philly's offense that went blank against Jacksonville of all teams last week.

And our offense has the same struggles sadly. Im concerned with our offense getting in gear and being able to s ore more than one TD in the first half.

And our offense has the same struggles sadly. Im concerned with our offense getting in gear and being able to s ore more than one TD in the first half.

Philly's defense is nothing to be scared of, the Colts should have a lot of fun with them. They were ranked in the bottom 6 last year, and barely slid into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth.

You guys have nothing to worry about, and it's at home so that's double. Luck should have a ball throwing bombs down that secondary.

As long as we do not allow him to hit the edge then we should be okay. We must contain him and keep him inside. This will be a huge task for Walden and Werner.

If they run up the middle on us then they are playing into our strengths, and I am sure Chip wants no part of that. Look for the Eagles to test us outside, early and often throughout the game.