Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

colts sign jake kileen from the IFL

73 posts in this topic

Can't be much worse than Ricardo Matthews. 

He would have to be an OLBer in our system. He's not big enough to be a 3-4 DE.

He looks really fast with good moves. The 8-8 action in the IFL though, lol it should be interesting to see how he pans out with 11-11 and going against a much more talented offensive line in the NFL.

Kid looks good....Looks like a monster...6'4??? That got me kinda excited...sounds like a Freeney understudy

I love the play @ the 1:25 mark, pushes his own teammate out the way to make the tackle!

AFL....NFL.....IFL...backyard ball....If the man comes to camp and gives everything he has and is a FOOTBALL player, Pagano will find a spot for him.....if he cannot.....it is because the man cannot cut it!

regardless....the suspense is kill-een me!!!   :woah:  :wtg:  :spit:

7 people like this

AFL....NFL.....IFL...backyard ball....If the man comes to camp and gives everything he has and is a FOOTBALL player, Pagano will find a spot for him.....if he cannot.....it is because the man cannot cut it!

The Kill-een Machine???

3 people like this

LOL....well, we have the marketing piece figured out!

If the guy can translate that high motor and destruction to the NFL then Grigson is really on the ball with these more obscure FAs.

We shall see.

The Kill-een Machine???

Just as long as he does not play outside in the rain and mud......and we call him Mr Kleen,  (OOOPS! forgot spell-check again)  haharotflmao:scratch:

Reportedly ran a 4.6 out of JC in 2007 were he played LB before switching to DE. Sounds like he is 25ish.

Killeen in the name of!!

I'll trust Grigson on this one. Plus his beard is pretty gnarly.

2 people like this

should be interesting to see what this guy can do.  Liked the video of him, but like someone said, that was in the IFL.  The OT's he went against didn't offer him much resistance.  Will be interesting to see what he can do against NFL OT's.  Of course maybe he can learn a thing or 2 from Mathis. :)

draftscout showed him in 2009 at 6'2 1/2 and 240 with 40 times of 4.57 - 4.86 avg. 4.72

Does he make plays?

Load up now on hard working quality people working hard to make the team.

Haven't seen anybody mention it, so I did some quick research on him.

Jake "Wolfman" Kalleen

H: 6-4

W: 240

Graduated from Charleston Southern University as an Education major. Played OLB in college, converted to DE for his size and speed in IFL.

There don't seem to be any recent workout numbers, as his most recent workout was the private one with the colts, best I can come up with is he ran the 40 with an average time of 4.72 in 2009, where he was projected as a DE.

If this guy has any real chance of making the roster, I would like to see him drop back down to around the 250lb range to add a little speed. As a 3-4 OLBer he'll have to drop into coverage so any additional speed would be beneficial to him.

Lets hope he can make a Kill-een in the NFL!!! Talent plus coaching equals production. We will see when pre-season starts, wont we?

Looking at his tape in the IFL, I would project him as 3-4 DE and that means he should not lose any weight. He has a quick first step, that's for sure.

Might be a good idea to bring in some cheap solid players from other leagues ASAP before other teams do.

Might be a good idea to bring in some cheap solid players from other leagues ASAP before other teams do.

Considering Killeen was the best pass rusher in the IFL averaging 10 sacks a year, I think that's the plan.

1 person likes this

But Grigs wants to make the team bigger in size, its becoming more and more apparent...*shrugs* its working for Seattle...

No idea who this kid is, but you gotta love Grigs for constantly working his tail off to better the team.... when was the last time B.P. plucked a guy from obscurity the way Grigs did with "Baby Ray"?

Looks good, I'll reserve my judgement for training camp and preseason though

Looks like a monster in the IFL. Now I hope he plays like that with that motor all the time. Shows Nice moves even a little spin move. But the NFL is A bigger and stronger Leauge with alot more talent so well see. I trust Grigs and the scouting team becuase they have done a pretty good job so far. If our DE play well and occupy those tackles he could do some damage. I am excited about the possiblities.

1 person likes this

OUCH!!

1 person likes this

regardless....the suspense is kill-een me!!! :woah: :wtg: :spit:

Let the puns begin.

First thought....how did this guy not get put on at least someone's practice squad and wondering if Jerry Hughes would look similiar or better than this in the arena league.

Looking at his tape in the IFL, I would project him as 3-4 DE and that means he should not lose any weight. He has a quick first step, that's for sure.

I'm not so sure. Looks like an OLB prospect. I'm thinking he'd have to get a lot bigger (heavier) to play DE in a 3/4. But, what do I know. ;)

Haven't seen anybody mention it, so I did some quick research on him.

Jake "Wolfman" Kalleen

H: 6-4

W: 240

Graduated from Charleston Southern University as an Education major. Played OLB in college, converted to DE for his size and speed in IFL.

There don't seem to be any recent workout numbers, as his most recent workout was the private one with the colts, best I can come up with is he ran the 40 with an average time of 4.72 in 2009, where he was projected as a DE.

thanks

First thought....how did this guy not get put on at least someone's practice squad and wondering if Jerry Hughes would look similiar or better than this in the arena league.

I'm not so sure. Looks like an OLB prospect. I'm thinking he'd have to get a lot bigger (heavier) to play DE in a 3/4. But, what do I know. ;)

His size and speed is very similar to Anthony Spencer..if any thing he many need to gain like 10 pounds but you wouldnt want to compromise his speed rush either.

You are right. This kid is too small to play a 3-4 DE. 3-4 DE's are normally around 300+lbs. He has to play OLBer in the 3-4.

His size and speed is very similar to Anthony Spencer..if any thing he many need to gain like 10 pounds but you wouldnt want to compromise his speed rush either.

You are right. This kid is too small to play a 3-4 DE. 3-4 DE's are normally around 300+lbs. He has to play OLBer in the 3-4.

My understanding is that he played OLB in College.

1 person likes this