Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indyfan4life

Mathis is back!

27 posts in this topic

Colts OLB Robert Mathis (back) will return for Sunday's game against the Patriots.

Mathis, who has six sacks in just five games played this season, will start opposite Dwight Freeney. Jerry Hughes goes back to a rotational role.

Source: Indianapolis Star

Nov 13 - 11:31 AM

That's some good news at least.

3 people like this

I feel a little better that Mathis is back.

Mathis and Freeney will definitely be needed to slow down Brady and the Pats offense.

Great news!

It'll be interesting to see how this defense steps it up a little more with Mathis and Freeney out there and Chapman possibly being on the field at the same time.

since they are both playing olb i have a feeling they will be matched up with gronk and hern most of the game right?

since they are both playing olb i have a feeling they will be matched up with gronk and hern most of the game right?

Whoever we put on them it's a matchup nightmare. Pass rushing the source might be the only option. I get the feeling it's going to be a bit of a shoot out but we don't have as much firepower to work with. Should make for a good watch though.

Depends on the formation, I don't see the Colts using 3-4 against 4 wide. On those plays I think we will see Vaughn, Butler, Gordy, and S. Brown.

Not at all what Bellichek and Brady wanted to hear. Go get 'em Bobby.

maybe it's just me, but don't see mathis as a guy one would call "bobby"

maybe it's just me, but don't see mathis as a guy one would call "bobby"

How about "Robbie"? ;)

1 person likes this

Best news of the week so far!

At least or D seems getting better for Sunday. Still have concerns on CB. Wonder if Vontae Davis would be back.

Best news of the week so far!

At least or D seems getting better for Sunday. Still have concerns on CB. Wonder if Vontae Davis would be back.

Is listed as Out, I believe it was posted that he is a couple weeks away, Not sure

Is listed as Out, I believe it was posted that he is a couple weeks away, Not sure

My headache is getting worse...

Good News.

Funny how the Guy who's been most, LEADS the Team in Sacks. Now either he's just that Good, or somebody isn't playing to their Full Potential

Good News.

Funny how the Guy who's been most, LEADS the Team in Sacks. Now either he's just that Good, or somebody isn't playing to their Full Potential

Im confused
1 person likes this

YES!!!!!!! my favorite will be back on the field doing what he does best... get ready to eat turf Brady! I hope Robert is feeling good and back to full health

Good to see Brady will have to deal with the same old headaches, but only now coming from standing LBs.

Maybe they can start racking up some INTs instead of Sacks. Let Redding get the sacks!!!

Maybe I'm missing it, but I haven't seen Freeney or Mathis in Coverage much. Am I missing it, or are they pass rushing every time?

Now just imagine if Chapman commands a double team as well?

I just got giddy. Like really giddy.

Im confused

Gavin, when I check the Colts website, they haven't posted an injury report for week 11 yet. Is it possible you are/were still seeing last weeks?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Have you seen Johnny Manziel?
      Ha, if they are just now thinking this then the problem becomes somewhat more obvious...
    • Colts' Scouts: What they liked about LeRaven Clark....
      How well a player moves really cant be measured at the combine and those numbers sure are not indicative of how well a player will produce or how high or low a ceiling he has in the NFL. For instance Shane Ray ran a 7.71 3 cone drill which to me would lead a person think he lacked a bit in his ability to change direction (vital for Linebackers)...But he don't. Combine numbers have a place but they should be taken with a grain of salt. Also its not youtube...and even if it was you can tell a lot but watching games if you know what to look for by doing your own research, Its not like I'm looking at some highlights and not taking into account what scouts and gurus say   We can revisit this in 4 years and see if Clark is starting or even on the team then, Hopefully he will be. I'm rooting for him, But since you like poking fun at how much I watch players and automatically come to the conclusion I have no idea what I'm watching then you don't mind if I come back and say I told you so if he flops (strong possibility given how much he has to learn)
    • The reasons Osweiller chose Houston
      i would take the 10 million dollars over joining the best team in the league even if they were heavy favorites to win the super bowl   as an average fan like you said, i dont care that much about winning the super bowl.  it would be awesome, but not 10 million dollars worth of awesome. that is more than i would make in a life time as an engineering technician in just one year on BOs contract with the texans
    • Have you seen Johnny Manziel?
      lol I wonder what the family is thinking right now. They're like, "WHERE WERE YOU, BOY!? I've got half a mind to beat some sense into you!"
    • Defensive expectation for Indy in 2016
      After giving this some thought, I think the D would be having a much better year if they get to the middle of the pack. I believe this because of the strides made by the other teams in the division. The front 7 depth is improved, given the return of key players; and if the O doesn't put them in big trouble over and over as they did last year, the top 3rd of the league is a possibility. That being said, its awfully early. I think I'll know more after the pads come on.
  • Welcome New Members

• Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      Hello my Name is Robin. And i'm from Denmark. even though i've been member on this forum for a long time, and the old one as well. I would like to Introduce myself. I became a Colts fan in 2007, when I watched my first NFL game. My brother introduced me to NFL, the superbowl between Colts & Bears, And as we all know the Bears scored first, so I had to rude for the "underdogs".. and from that day on I was hooked. I've watched every game since, even the primetime games, that starts 2:30 in Denmark, it's a long day working with no sleep but damn its worth it. Can't wait for my next big Colts adventure, when I get to see them playing in London 
    • Member Introductions! (Say Hi!)
      I have been a fan since 1984 when I became an early teen and really started to understand the game. Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984 and eventhough we stunk for a while, things obviously got better. We traded for Dickerson in 1987 and won the Division, then we had Harbaugh's magical season in 1995, the Peyton ERA where winning 12 games was a piece of cake + winning a SB in 2006, now the Andrew ERA where we have already had 3 11 win seasons and a deep Playoff run.
  • Members

• Flash

Flash 92

• BlueShoe

BlueShoe 1,664

• Samu-Rye

Samu-Rye 10

• Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter 2,028

• tfunky14

tfunky14 271

• Solon

Solon 207

• jvan1973

jvan1973 10,402

• Ollonesomeme

Ollonesomeme 0

Rookie
    • weslo1812

weslo1812 409

• Mr Clueless

Mr Clueless 155

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.