Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indyfan4life

Mathis is back!

27 posts in this topic

Colts OLB Robert Mathis (back) will return for Sunday's game against the Patriots.

Mathis, who has six sacks in just five games played this season, will start opposite Dwight Freeney. Jerry Hughes goes back to a rotational role.

Source: Indianapolis Star

Nov 13 - 11:31 AM

That's some good news at least.

3 people like this

I feel a little better that Mathis is back.

Mathis and Freeney will definitely be needed to slow down Brady and the Pats offense.

Great news!

It'll be interesting to see how this defense steps it up a little more with Mathis and Freeney out there and Chapman possibly being on the field at the same time.

since they are both playing olb i have a feeling they will be matched up with gronk and hern most of the game right?

since they are both playing olb i have a feeling they will be matched up with gronk and hern most of the game right?

Whoever we put on them it's a matchup nightmare. Pass rushing the source might be the only option. I get the feeling it's going to be a bit of a shoot out but we don't have as much firepower to work with. Should make for a good watch though.

Depends on the formation, I don't see the Colts using 3-4 against 4 wide. On those plays I think we will see Vaughn, Butler, Gordy, and S. Brown.

Not at all what Bellichek and Brady wanted to hear. Go get 'em Bobby.

maybe it's just me, but don't see mathis as a guy one would call "bobby"

maybe it's just me, but don't see mathis as a guy one would call "bobby"

How about "Robbie"? ;)

1 person likes this

Best news of the week so far!

At least or D seems getting better for Sunday. Still have concerns on CB. Wonder if Vontae Davis would be back.

Best news of the week so far!

At least or D seems getting better for Sunday. Still have concerns on CB. Wonder if Vontae Davis would be back.

Is listed as Out, I believe it was posted that he is a couple weeks away, Not sure

Is listed as Out, I believe it was posted that he is a couple weeks away, Not sure

My headache is getting worse...

Good News.

Funny how the Guy who's been most, LEADS the Team in Sacks. Now either he's just that Good, or somebody isn't playing to their Full Potential

Good News.

Funny how the Guy who's been most, LEADS the Team in Sacks. Now either he's just that Good, or somebody isn't playing to their Full Potential

Im confused
1 person likes this

YES!!!!!!! my favorite will be back on the field doing what he does best... get ready to eat turf Brady! I hope Robert is feeling good and back to full health

Good to see Brady will have to deal with the same old headaches, but only now coming from standing LBs.

Maybe they can start racking up some INTs instead of Sacks. Let Redding get the sacks!!!

Maybe I'm missing it, but I haven't seen Freeney or Mathis in Coverage much. Am I missing it, or are they pass rushing every time?

Now just imagine if Chapman commands a double team as well?

I just got giddy. Like really giddy.

Im confused

Gavin, when I check the Colts website, they haven't posted an injury report for week 11 yet. Is it possible you are/were still seeing last weeks?