Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh more than likely they haven't even spoken today. And if they have its Prolly just started. There was a lot to do this morning.

Well after the giant build up yesterday and all the resulting speculation, I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable disappointment of hearing the deal is dead. I've pretty much resigned myself to it now so when the news comes that there is no news, I won't be shocked. If there is good news, then I can get excited about it again. As for now, back to thinking about the guys we know we have.

Freaky Jason - here is my advise to you. The next time you want to "help" someone send them a private message. By posting it here for everyone it sounds less like advice and more like confrontation. Just sayin'. And yes - I am posting this here for everyone.

So why should i pm but not you? Lol. It really doesnt natter so no need to reply if you dont want to. I considered sending a pm but intentionally chose not to nd i had a reason for doing so. If you wanna know what the reason was, pm me. :P

If nothing happens, then this entire twitter fiasco should be featured on ESPN's next edition of "Come On Man".

heck it probably will be regardless of if a trade actually happens. Some people live irsays twittering and some hate it. :)

Well after the giant build up yesterday and all the resulting speculation, I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable disappointment of hearing the deal is dead. I've pretty much resigned myself to it now so when the news comes that there is no news, I won't be shocked. If there is good news, then I can get excited about it again. As for now, back to thinking about the guys we know we have.

I'm kind of here right now as well....I'm kind of done being excited about it and I'm just waiting to hear that those no news after all...

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised though

If theres nothing done by 7pm, I'll start thinking the deal isn't happening. Kind of sucks I guess (depending on who it was) but we colts fans still have a lot to look forward to.

We have to remember, the whole organization is in "normal week" mode. For the first time ever. That includes the GM.

He may well have scheduled further talks for later today.

We have to remember, the whole organization is in "normal week" mode. For the first time ever. That includes the GM.

He may well have scheduled further talks for later today.

I completely agree. But since we have a game tomorrow, they probably are wanting to get this done as early as possible today. I'd be surprised if we learned about it later on tonight.

There are several logical reasons as to why we're not hearing anymore about this. That doesn't necessarily mean the trade is dead:

1. Current Colts players will inevtiably be affected by trade rumours. They're playing their most important preseason game tomorrow, and as such, keeping a silencer on from their perspective makes sense.

2. By blowing this up on twitter, Irsay may or may not have hindered the progress. Grigson or their potential trade partners could potentially have asked him to keep a lid on things. I mean, just look at how crazy this thread has become.

3. Irsay could have also potentially hurt the trade by announcing it too wildly. If we were in fact speaking about a key player, the potential for the trade to fall through and the media getting noise on this, could make that very uncomfortable for whatever player was in question, as well as his organisation.

4. His tweet yesterday about "9/10 trades like these fall through", lead me to believe that if the trade was dead, it was already dead at that given time. However, as he later updated again, saying we were still rolling, still leads me to believe that the trade was still possible. Which again get me to reitterate point #1 and #2.

5. I for one do not take this silence as proof or major indication that a trade will not happen. Until Irsay or another key person say anything more, I'll take it as something positive. Keep in mind, most of the rumours generated yesterday, were mostly just ramblings of people wanting to sound smart and knowledgeable about the situation. Insiders guess all the time, but so far there has been nothing conclusive out of Irsay whatsoever. That means they've been very good at keeping secrets, and the fact that the media chatter has broken down, further illustrates how everything so far has been speculation. Imo, the situation is very close to the same as it was yesterday a few hours after his initial tweet.

Whoa! When would you use this? lol! :HairOnFire:

That is one of our special teams players. ;)

Pagano said our special teams guys need to have a few screws loose and run down the field like their hair is on fire. lol

I feel like I'm standing in line for a midnight movie screening so I'm super excited and geeking out. I just hope it's a Batman/Avengers/James Bond midnight screening, and not a Twilight screening. (Apologies to my wife.)

Still waiting for something!

Really hoping something happens.

I love how this new organization wants to win and improve and will do whatever it takes to win. Not sure I can say the same about last regime...

I'm not inclined to disagree with you...

but we've seen a number of teams over the years "win the presesaon" with free agency and trades, only to struggle putting it all together. Team chemistry and bringing in players that FIT are both mighty important. I'm all for making as many moves as the team can afford now, so it is that much further along in team bonding next year and going forward. I still imagine the team will struggle at times this year, but LOOK OUT!

I feel like I'm standing in line for a midnight movie screening so I'm super excited and geeking out. I just hope it's a Batman/Avengers/James Bond midnight screening, and not a Twilight screening. (Apologies to my wife.)

Hahhahaha agreed.

This waiting around reading rumors is worse than hearing girls tell stories about 50 Shades of Grey