Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay, now (23/08)

Marcio James

Oh teams would still be able to throw on us, Powers is ok but not real good. With that said if we got a Darelle Revis that could potentially improve Powers alot because Powers could learn from Revis or Vontae or whatever stud Corner (we could possibly land). Powers lacks speed though to keep up with most #1 Corners and the ball skills to jump a route thats likely why you see him lined up against a teams #2 Wide Receiver most of the time (lack of speed). I think its Joe Haden, Cullen Jenkins or Vontae Davis (Likely guy), No way is it Revis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TMPHBITEU

Trade winds: Colts likely to acquire Polamalu, Revis, Haden and Adrian Peterson for 4 future (22nd century) 7th round picks. #COLTSSTRONG

I'm hearing this too. I'm at least as credible as the current sources we're posting on here.

finally a credible source

I'm hearing the Colts may offer a 7th and Stanton for Matthew Stafford as well

Oh teams would still be able to throw on us, Powers is ok but not real good. With that said if we got a Darelle Revis that could potentially improve Powers alot because Powers could learn from Revis or Vontae or whatever stud Corner (we could possibly land). Powers lacks speed though to keep up with most #1 Corners and the ball skills to jump a route thats likely why you see him lined up against a teams #2 Wide Receiver most of the time (lack of speed)

I know what you mean, but Powers has always been a decent cornerback. I think the reason he hasn't played up to his potential is because he was surrounded by a team with a bunch of sub par talent. I think even revis would have looked horrible with last years colts team.

I know what you mean, but Powers has always been a decent cornerback. I think the reason he hasn't played up to his potential is because he was surrounded by a team with a bunch of sub par talent. I think even revis would have looked horrible with last years colts team.

Honestly if that was the case Larry Fitz wouldnt be putting up big numbers year in and year out, Because he has a crap O Line, Ok but not real good QB, they got Micheal Floyd and Larry Fitz thats it

Posted · Hidden by Superman, August 24, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Superman, August 24, 2012 - personal argument

As a child I was blessed enough to wake up on Christmas Day to a room full of presents....I guess I know how the less fortunate feel now :-(

I'm sure this was meant as a cute, harmless little exaggeration simply to expres your disappointment to there not being any new news. We're all disappointed. I'm also sure that you really didn't think the comment through before posting it. Just to give you perspective, you're equating waking up and not seeing any news on a possible colts trade to being so poor that your family can't afford any type of christmas presents. There's a pretty huge difference there and I'm sure there are a few million people that would be happy to switch places with you so you can get a "real" idea of what being "less fortunate" is like.

Look, like I said, I'm sure you meant nothing by the post. I just wanted to try to put things in perspective for you. If I were you I'd take a little more time to think about the meaning behind the comments you make. Otherwise you may wind up accidentally seriously offending someone. :)

Look, like I said, I'm sure you meant nothing by the post. I just wanted to try to put things in perspective for you. If I were you I'd take a little more time to think about the meaning behind the comments you make. Otherwise you may wind up accidentally seriously offending someone. :)

:rolleyes:

C'mon bro.

I'm sure this was meant as a cute, harmless little exaggeration simply to expres your disappointment to there not being any new news. We're all disappointed. I'm also sure that you really didn't think the comment through before posting it. Just to give you perspective, you're equating waking up and not seeing any news on a possible colts trade to being so poor that your family can't afford any type of christmas presents. There's a pretty huge difference there and I'm sure there are a few million people that would be happy to switch places with you so you can get a "real" idea of what being "less fortunate" is like.

Uh....chill out...if you're offended go somewhere else, I dont have time for sensitive cats like you....

The more I think about it..... The more I will make my prediction here.... I officially think it is OT Jake Long of Miami. Hopefully for our 2nd rounder.

I dont think that would be a bad trade for either side really. Im not really sure how much Long is worth anymore I dont pay that much attention to other offensive lines except Colts. but I remember long was a good OT and possibly still is

That's just based off a need, a possible Vet in their prime wanting a new deal soon ( Long is a FA after this season ) and the possibility that we were looking at maybe trading Justice to the Jets for something... Interesting scenario at least. I also like the fact that he's NOT one of the names being batted around by people, because knowing the way things work, it will be someone slightly more off the radar..... just a hunch

I dont think that would be a bad trade for either side really. Im not really sure how much Long is worth anymore I dont pay that much attention to other offensive lines except Colts. but I remember long was a good OT and possibly still is

I don't see how receiving a 2nd round pick for a top 5 LT who's 27 years old could be a good deal for the Dolphins. Especially considering how Jake Long is one of their absolute leaders on offense.

I don't see how receiving a 2nd round pick for a top 5 LT who's 27 years old could be a good deal for the Dolphins. Especially considering how Jake Long is one of their absolute leaders on offense.

Maybe it isnt soo good for dolphins then, but does it matter..As long as the colts improve i dont care how beneficitial a trade is for opposing teams.

He was hurt last year, ticked off the new regime in camp this year, and is needing a big new contract..... that said, I agree..... why would MIA do it? I do know their GM and coaches are VERY pleased with Jonathan Martin, their young 2nd round OT..... who is dirt cheap compared to what Long will make over the next 4 years..... could be plausible

If we do indeed get a stud corner out of this, how many more wins do you think we get this year? I originally thought we had 5 wins in us. We add a legit #1corner and i think we get another 4 wins.

Of course it also depends on what players we have to give up (if we do), but if it's just a high pick, cash, with no starter, what do you think?

If we do indeed get a stud corner out of this, how many more wins do you think we get this year? I originally thought we had 5 wins in us. We add a legit #1corner and i think we get another 4 wins.

Of course it also depends on what players we have to give up (if we do), but if it's just a high pick, cash, with no starter, what do you think?

If we do indeed throw out a high draft pick for a serious veteran, I think the front office believes it to be the missing piece in making us playoff contenders.

My prediction is that the trade falls through. *Runs and Hides*

I think Irsay would have already tweeted if that's already happened. The fact that he's being "hush-hush" today tells me that they are in serious negotiations and the other team involved told him to put a sock in it...lol

Uh....chill out...if you're offended go somewhere else, I dont have time for sensitive cats like you....

uh where did I say I was offended? I have probably the least PC sense of humor imaginable. however, I also know the time and place for when it's appropriate and when it's not. I was just trying to help, maybe save you from horribly embarrassing yourself one day. I see now that'll probably happen anyway. No skin off my back.

I think Irsay would have already tweeted if that's already happened. The fact that he's being "hush-hush" today tells me that they are in serious negotiations and the other team involved told him to put a sock in it...lol

Would Grigson tell him to put a sock in it? :lol: Kind of hard to negotiate with the owner tweeting.