Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the colts pick up maurice jones drew?

coming on strong

maurice jones drew wants to be traded the colts offence would be deadly with him he rushed for 1600 yards last season he is still young we could afford to pay him next year and pay him a minnum this year

We don't want or need him never invest money in a rb unless is right after there rookie contract for 4 or less years

Brown had a better yard per carry (4.8) then Jones Drew did (4.7) on far less carries, I've said it before Brown had 134 carries last year for 645 yards if you double carry # to 268 (which is only 17 carries a game for the season) then you would have 1286.4 yards for the season for Brown which would have been top 5 in rushing yard. now MJD himself had 343 rushing attempts compared to Browns 134 so lets say we give Brown the same # of carries as MJD (343). 1646.4 rushing yard or in other words the rushing title, Brown isnt the problem, Browns not been the problem, The lack of playing time he has gotten has been the problem

yes i would take him over any of our rb's, mjd is the best rb in the nfl. only if we could keep our 1st round pick, but the jags would want bethea because thier weak at the safety position.

Rb is a dime a dozen Don't need great rb to win Super Bowl just average one

An RB of MJD's caliber can get some cash but it depends on who has the cap room.

If he does get traded, he will be traded to the NFC, IMO. Lions, Packers, and even Redskins come to mind that could all use a caliber starting RB. I would not mind if he left our division :).

I say nope, to get him and to offset being same division would cost Colts their first round pick next year and cash off next year estimated 42 mil under cap, I say keep Colts as is baring injuries that need replacing and see how the Colts do and see what pick in round 1 they end up with and then let the fighting on here who they select will begin ;}

Ps. he has stated that because the Colts selected J.Addai over him in the draft he was going to punish the Colts every time he played against Indy, he might tank it to do what he claimed to do punish the Colts, and might by taking a high draft pick and money to get him then him tanking it for revenge, not worth the chance...

How do you trade for someone that has an existing contract and pay them a minimum? And we do not need a running back carrying the kind of cap hit he will require. Running backs don't carry the importance they used to. The Broncos were really the last team to win a Super Bowl with a true stud of a feature back.

I actually think he would be a very good fit in Denver. Peyton could use a work horse. Play action would be SCARY! TBH I think Denver should run it more but I don't care for any of their current backs. I don't know what they could give up but they already are in it for like a 3 year run. Go for it! A 2nd round pick would work likely. No way 1st round for a guy with that milage.

Brown had a better yard per carry (4.8) then Jones Drew did (4.7) on far less carries, I've said it before Brown had 134 carries last year for 645 yards if you double carry # to 268 (which is only 17 carries a game for the season) then you would have 1286.4 yards for the season for Brown which would have been top 5 in rushing yard. now MJD himself had 343 rushing attempts compared to Browns 134 so lets say we give Brown the same # of carries as MJD (343). 1646.4 rushing yard or in other words the rushing title, Brown isnt the problem, Browns not been the problem, The lack of playing time he has gotten has been the problem

Well the good news is we will get to see how Brown does with more carries. I still doubt he would have that great of season with more attempts, although the O-line does look improved, so that will help him. Also, I like Ballard for short yard situations. As far as MJD goes, not enough cap room and RB's decline very quickly. If Brown doesn't have a great year, I think the Colts should go RB in the first round, if he does, I am going with CB/LB.

What? Miss out on the opportunity to have a player that holds out? Sarcasm off...

He was paid up front, over the going amount at that time to honor his contributions, even though he still had 2 years left. He is trying to double dip and is hanging the franchise out.

No thank you .

What? Miss out on the opportunity to have a player that holds out? Sarcasm off...

He was paid up front, over the going amount at that time to honor his contributions, even though he still had 2 years left. He is trying to double dip and is hanging the franchise out.

No thank you .

Agreed, I am usually suspect of an Atheletes integrity when they hold out/want traded/etc. especially after getting their payday, but with that said, I sort of give MJD a pass since he has been the face of the Jags offense during his tenure, and considering the Jags overall inability to surround him with any talent to speak of...

I'd want traded too...

I guess of all the players on division/conference rival teams, Ive always respected him the most, in recent years at least, guess I am not ready to change my opinion on that yet...

but still no we dont need him & these threads about picking up any and every open market players is still silly...

This is at least the 3rd thread about him.

No.

He is 29, that counts old among RBs, besides we have Donald Brown. And we don't have free cap, I think. Where are our capologists???

We should get over him.

When making a decision on if we should trade for MJD Donald Brown's name should never come up. There are many valid reasons why we should not trade for MJD and having DB is not one of them. If MJD was a few years cheaper and did not want a huge contract you would kick DB to the curb any day of the week.

MJD is 29 and is looking for a big pay day because he knows his days are number as a RB in the NFL. We should not tie up good money in a guy who will be on the down side of his career.

I do not blame MJD for holding out and getting paid. The Jags will not give a crap about him in a couple years and want to cut him so might as well get paid now. He is that offense and they really have not done much for years to help him out.