Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What did you think about the preseaon so far?

colts1993

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget RG3, the Ravens have a backup QB who tore it up last night. I didn't catch his name, but we really ought to trade for him since we need an experienced backup. Apparently his QB coach is awesome too.

Let's get this guy! After all, anything that happens in the second half of a preseason game is worth taking note of, right?

I wanted Peyton the get that TD that deflected and intercepted near the goal line. It would have been silk smooth to see him hit six then sit the rest of the night. So as they polish the timeing I'm sure his passes will be for many TD's this 2012 season. The Bears are murder in the red zone.

Forget RG3, the Ravens have a backup QB who tore it up last night. I didn't catch his name, but we really ought to trade for him since we need an experienced backup. Apparently his QB coach is awesome too.

Let's get this guy! After all, anything that happens in the second half of a preseason game is worth taking note of, right?

Tyrod Taylor. From the U

Bob Griffin was alright, he had a couple of dump off passes, hardly really good.

I watched Baltimore vs Atlanta, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones were very dangerous together.

Roddy White too. Those 3 are going to be a Problem this year.

And as for RG3, get use to seeing those Screens & Dump offs ALL Year. That's all he did at Baylor. He NEVER took snaps under center unless to knee the ball. He's going to Struggle as you may have seen on the fumbled hand off. He put the ball too low for Royster to control. At Baylor all his Plays came out of the Shotgun. So that's why the Skins put the NEW Pistol Formation in. So he doesn't have to be Under Center unless it's a Run play

And as for RG3, get use to seeing those Screens & Dump offs ALL Year. That's all he did at Baylor. He NEVER took snaps under center unless to knee the ball. He's going to Struggle as you may have seen on the fumbled hand off. He put the ball too low for Royster to control. At Baylor all his Plays came out of the Shotgun. So that's why the Skins put the NEW Pistol Formation in. So he doesn't have to be Under Center unless it's a Run play

With some of you, the hate for RGIII is so visible even a blind guy could see it. Did you even watch the game? He had two screen passes and two long passes completed in the middle of the field. Drew Brees does that, but I guess he's not very good either. And one of those long passes was completed under center via the play action. And his handoffs are right between the numbers, just fine, the running back just dropped it. Take off the hater shades.

With some of you, the hate for RGIII is so visible even a blind guy could see it. Did you even watch the game? He had two screen passes and two long passes completed in the middle of the field. Drew Brees does that, but I guess he's not very good either. And one of those long passes was completed under center via the play action. And his handoffs are right between the numbers, just fine, the running back just dropped it. Take off the hater shades.

No Hate in my Blood. It was a bad handoff and that's that. And yeah the deep passes, but dump passes are his famous ones. Watch him at Baylor. it was just screens and occasional bombs to Kendall Wright or the other guy forgot his name. But he'll have a good career, I'm just saying he was a bit "Hyped" & "Over-Rated" coming out of College. Reminds me of another QB who had a similar season last year

He has an awesome QB coach there.

Yeah they said that. You can see it cause Flacco has definitely Grown since he first got there. If Lee Evans didn't drop that Game winning TD catch last year, Flacco could've had himself a Ring for Sure. But Painter will be 3rd String since he's the NEW Guy. But it's good for him to learn under their coach cause maybe one day they cut him and he goes to another team to be #2 or even the Starter maybe. Like Flynn from GB did. He got out of Rodgers shadow and I think they named him the Starter for their 3-Headed QB situation

No Hate in my Blood. It was a bad handoff and that's that. And yeah the deep passes, but dump passes are his famous ones. Watch him at Baylor. it was just screens and occasional bombs to Kendall Wright or the other guy forgot his name. But he'll have a good career, I'm just saying he was a bit "Hyped" & "Over-Rated" coming out of College. Reminds me of another QB who had a similar season last year

Alright well if that's a bad handoff then I'm not sure what a good handoff is. And what QB are you referring to? Oh you mean the ROTY? Alright.

Of the two deeper balls, one was alright but the other Garcon had to make a big adjustment to come back to it. The handoffs were more the fault of poor RB plays.

At first it looked to me like Peyton was struggling with some of his throws because they were not tight at all. But then he hit Decker on a nice throw in stride to convert a 3rd and 17. I think Decker will have a breakout year if Manning Stays healthy. RG3 looked alright, lots of screens and a nice throw up the middle. Garcon still has the swagger and could have a big year. The Steelers - Philly game was fun to watch.

I think the back up ref stink, there are going to be alot of blown calls if the old refs dont come back.

I didn't get to watch any games yesterday, but I watched the HOF game. I'll bet if nobody told you that they were backup refs, you wouldn't be talking about how bad the refs were.

I didn't get to watch any games yesterday, but I watched the HOF game. I'll bet if nobody told you that they were backup refs, you wouldn't be talking about how bad the refs were.

I didn't watch the full HOF game but did watch SD vs. GB and the officiating was...decent. No idea though why they called Melvin Ingram for unsportsmanlike after his sack. That was a horrible call.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch the full Eagles game yet but am recording the replay today. Was glad to see Nick Foles come in and have a good game. I still think he could wind up being the sleeper of this past draft. :)

I don't get all of the complete hatred towards RG3. Why does everyone wish he fails so much? I don't like him at ALL but why can't him and Luck both have great careers? The way things look Luck's gonna be a pretty darn good quarterback so everyone can quit being so scared that RG3 will be better than him. Their both gonna be really good

I thought rg3 did really good so hopefully andrew luck does too. Peytons broncos did some damage too but his play wasn't that bad. Thoughts?

I'll tell you what. From what I could see, Peyton sure does have a brick wall of an offensive line blocking for him! It seemed like he had forever to throw back there bro. You can say what you want about vanilla defense, but you have to keep in mind they were playing the Chicago Bears who sit back and play cover 2 all day long. So if you are getting a 4 man rush from them you are basically getting their main defense thrown at you for the bulk of the time Peyton was in there. That offensive line wasn't letting nobody touch Peyton. I think Peyton is going to have a very good year because of his offensive line. Now if he could just get those receivers on the same page with him. That's my take from the Broncos game.

From watching parts of the Redskins game I thought RG3 played pretty well for the amount of time he was in there.

That is the farthest thing from the truth. RG3 played pretty well last night other than that fumbled hand off. There are plenty of players in this league who have committed bad hand offs before including Peyton and Tom Brady. They put the pistol formation as a part of the offense because he did well with it, not because he can't go from under center.

Do you really think the guy has zero experience handling a football from under center ? The guys been playing football his whole life, I don't think a hand off is that hard to grasp. Cam Newton wasn't under center that much either in college, but he made the transition.

Also, not too exciting, but Sports Centers coverage of the preseason totally kept getting eclipsed by the Dwight Howard traded to the Lakers story. This is exciting news, for basketball fans, but it doesn't need take up over half the show on a night that's supposed to be about football, I felt that it was primarily because SC is based in LA. >_>;

When they did talk about the preseason, they talked about RG3, Vick's hand, and Peyton... Ryan Matthews breaking his clavicle? 2 sentences. Women's soccer winning Gold in a revenge match against Japan? 3 pictures...

End rant. lol

I heard a rumor the Texans are gonna carry 8 QBs on the active roster this year. One for every other game.

Whatever it takes to stay healthy, I trust our 8th stringer to still beat the Colts anyway...unless we've wrapped up the division beforehand. ;)

Don't worry all the Luck haters will come out and do the same if he doesn't go 17-20 165 yards and 2 TDs.

Or...

If he just throws one int.

I still can't believe Painter had a solid performance. If he ends up winning a game for the Ravens I'll be ticked.

Maybe it was because he had a better O-line and didn't have to throw the ball within 2 or 3 seconds. haha Peyton had more time last night also which he didn't have here. Go figure. Hope our O-line is better this year. JMO of course.