Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What did you think about the preseaon so far?

colts1993

Peyton had ALL DAY to throw. But I thought some of his passes floated and were a little weak. I don't think he is 100%, but maybe he doesn't have to be with that O-line. RG3 to Garcon was scary good. They also have a good O-line who didn't let anyone even get close to the QB. And I saw Vick smack this thumb. Ouch!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton had ALL DAY to throw. But I thought some of his passes floated and were a little weak. I don't think he is 100%, but maybe he doesn't have to be with that O-line. RG3 to Garcon was scary good. They also have a good O-line who didn't let anyone even get close to the QB. And I saw Vick smack this thumb. Ouch!

I couldn't agree with you more about Peytons O-Line! Those dudes are GOOD. I can see why they really didn't want Jeff Saturday. I used to wonder to myself when I was watching T-bow how he had all that time in the pocket even when he couldn't find a receiver to throw to. Those guys block their behinds off! I can see why Peyton chose the Broncos

Whatever it takes to stay healthy, I trust our 8th stringer to still beat the Colts anyway...unless we've wrapped up the division beforehand. ;)

Ok, all your wishes came true, Manning sits out a year and the Texans are handed the division.

How many was that, oh yea, ONE!

I'd enjoy it while you can, cuz it looks like in a year or so it could very well be back to "normal".

Now I've got nothing against you or the Texans, but come on.

Next we'll have Jaguar fans talkin smack. Oh wait.................

They at least could beat our depleted team twice last year. They have more room than the others. Can't say the same about the rest of the division.

U are right.

Its just funny how we dominated the division for the last decade and didn't talk as much smack to others as they are for 1 bad season.

Perspective i guess.

Ok, all your wishes came true, Manning sits out a year and the Texans are handed the division.

How many was that, oh yea, ONE!

I'd enjoy it while you can, cuz it looks like in a year or so it could very well be back to "normal".

Now I've got nothing against you or the Texans, but come on.

Next we'll have Jaguar fans talkin smack. Oh wait.................

Luck's going to be running from the Bulls on Parade for the next 5-10 years. Better get used to it. Even with Manning playing, many still say we would have won the division. Heck, with all our starters, we were Super Bowl favorites.

U are right.

Its just funny how we dominated the division for the last decade and didn't talk as much smack to others as they are for 1 bad season.

Perspective i guess.

It's all about the future, not the past my friend. Let's not turn into Cowboys fans...

I don't get all of the complete hatred towards RG3. Why does everyone wish he fails so much? I don't like him at ALL but why can't him and Luck both have great careers? The way things look Luck's gonna be a pretty darn good quarterback so everyone can quit being so scared that RG3 will be better than him. Their both gonna be really good

Some people can't grasp that, sadly. Some people just have to degrade and belittle other team's quarterbacks to feel good about their own. Not all Colts fans are like that, of course, but even the percentage that are is astonishing to me.

Luck's going to be running from the Bulls on Parade for the next 5-10 years. Better get used to it. Even with Manning playing, many still say we would have won the division. Heck, with all our starters, we were Super Bowl favorites.

They've said that for the past 5 years.

While I tend to agree Luck will have to do his fair share of scrambling this year, But I cant agree that even with Manning last year you guys win the division and there are years of proof to back that up, I think it would have been the normal 1 game you guys take from us but then we go on the usual streak of wins and you guys faulter once, maybe twice and we win the division

They've said that for the past 5 years.

The media has always said we'd been good, but they would never give us playoff nods. With the NFL's Boy Scout in the division, we were never really considered contenders, no matter how "talented" they believed us to be. Now we are actually loaded, both offensively and defensively. Now all of the experts who said we didn't have a chance or weren't good enough are the same ones kissing Arian Foster's backside in interviews and, again, projecting us to compete with Ravens/Patriots for Super Bowl spot.

While I tend to agree Luck will have to do his fair share of scrambling this year, But I cant agree that even with Manning last year you guys win the division and there are years of proof to back that up, I think it would have been the normal 1 game you guys take from us but then we go on the usual streak of wins and you guys faulter once, maybe twice and we win the division

I'd like to think that out of our two teams, one of us would have won the division and the other would have gotten a wild card. What would have possibly happened in the playoffs is though is up for debate lol.

Then came the PLAYOFFS!

Always a bridesmaid.............

Here's a "quiz" for ya....

What has 8 heads and 32 wheels? The Texan QB roster.

haha

U are right.

Perspective i guess.

And really you guys love to forget the bumbling flyover team that was the Colts from the late 70s up until Manning. Yeesh.

The media has always said we'd been good, but they would never give us playoff nods. With the NFL's Boy Scout in the division, we were never really considered contenders, no matter how "talented" they believed us to be. Now we are actually loaded, both offensively and defensively. Now all of the experts who said we didn't have a chance or weren't good enough are the same ones kissing Arian Foster's backside in interviews and, again, projecting us to compete with Ravens/Patriots for Super Bowl spot.

I'm pretty sure they kept saying "taking over as the division leaders this year." I think a playoff spot is kind of already loaded in that statement.

And really you guys love to forget the bumbling flyover team that was the Colts from the late 70s up until Manning. Yeesh.

We were one of the tops since '56 to '71, and then again from '98 to '10. What's that 29 years out of 60? I'll take good half the time compared to the Texans tenth of the time; one year out of ten.

Then came the PLAYOFFS!

Always a bridesmaid.............

Here's a "quiz" for ya....

What has 8 heads and 32 wheels? The Texan QB roster.

haha

We won our first ever playoff appearance and, if not for a special teams fumble by that dunce Jacoby Jones, we would have ended up playing the Patriots in the AFCCG.

Here's a quiz for you, good sir: What loses a single horse (or goat, to some), keeps all it's other pieces, and starts one of the most notorious political campaigns (Suck for Luck) in NFL history? You guessed it! :colts:

I'd like to think that out of our two teams, one of us would have won the division and the other would have gotten a wild card. What would have possibly happened in the playoffs is though is up for debate lol.

1.We win division

2.Texans wild card

3.Pats win divison

4.Pitt wins wild card

5.Baltimore division

6.Broncos win division

I'm pretty sure they kept saying "taking over as the division leaders this year." I think a playoff spot is kind of already loaded in that statement.

I heard that once, and the following season we disappointed greatly with the worst defense in the NFL. Maybe some guys, like Faulk and Sapp believed in us, whether rightfully or wrongfully so, but I still never heard the taking over talks until this past year and the aforementioned worst defensive year with a certain rookie corner who shall remain nameless (Kareem Jackson).

I thought Peyton looked good. The o line even better. What was it, 3rd and 17? Beautiful pass. The int I won't put too much in him but it was a little behind stokley. Still it was a catchable ball. But hey that's why we have preseason.

1.We win division

2.Texans wild card

3.Pats win divison

4.Pitt wins wild card

5.Baltimore division

6.Broncos win division

I agree with this, but with our respective runningbacks, I would switch one and two hahaha. That would have made for a heckuva postseason this past year, with Manning and Schaub squaring off in the playoffs for the first time ever.

I thought Peyton looked good. The o line even better. What was it, 3rd and 17? Beautiful pass. The int I won't put too much in him but it was a little behind stokley. Still it was a catchable ball. But hey that's why we have preseason.

Yep. Can't wait to see 12 now. See how he emulates Manning on the field surrounded by his home fans.

We were one of the tops since '56 to '71, and then again from '98 to '10. What's that 29 years out of 60? I'll take good half the time compared to the Texans tenth of the time; one year out of ten.

You said it yourself. The Colts have been around for 60 years. The Texans, however, only recently celebrated their 10th anniversary. Who knows the kind of history we will have 50 years from now...The argument is really one-sided.

I agree with this, but with our respective runningbacks, I would switch one and two hahaha. That would have made for a heckuva postseason this past year, with Manning and Schaub squaring off in the playoffs for the first time ever.

To me that game would come down to a couple things

1.Can the Colts slow down the run

2.Can Schaub not make the bonehead play at the worst time

Whoever blinks 1st there wins

Now I could be totally wrong on that and the roles be reversed and we are the ones that are able to stop the run and Manning throw a crucial interception (See Saints vs Colts Super Bowl)

You know 29 years is 19 years longer than 10? I mean, the Texans would have to, starting NOW, nearly double their franchise history just to match that. There were people who were born, lived a semi-interesting life, contributed to the world a bit, and then died, and never knew anything other than the Colts sucking.

You said it yourself. The Colts have been around for 60 years. The Texans, however, only recently celebrated their 10th anniversary. Who knows the kind of history we will have 50 years from now...The argument is really one-sided.

That's if they don't move to Tennessee. ;)

You know 29 years is 19 years longer than 10? I mean, the Texans would have to, starting NOW, nearly double their franchise history just to match that. There were people who were born, lived a semi-interesting life, contributed to the world a bit, and then died, and never knew anything other than the Colts sucking.

Makes me feel even worse for fellow Cubs fans when you put it like that, Cubs are a special breed of losers sadly I am still a fan

To me that game would come down to a couple things

1.Can the Colts slow down the run

2.Can Schaub not make the bonehead play at the worst time

Whoever blinks 1st there wins

Now I could be totally wrong on that and the roles be reversed and we are the ones that are able to stop the run and Manning throw a crucial interception (See Saints vs Colts Super Bowl)

Hahaha, that's exactly right. I wish that he was still here...The two of them duking it out in the division for a few more years would have been very interesting for both sides. And, given Schaub's history of boneheadedness, the Colts may have won that game... And probably in the last seconds of the game hahaha.

Hahaha, that's exactly right. I wish that he was still here...The two of them duking it out in the division for a few more years would have been very interesting for both sides. And, given Schaub's history of boneheadedness, the Colts may have won that game... And probably in the last seconds of the game hahaha.

I got to admit I'd prefer the one to be cussing throughout the entire game rather then the one cussing at the end of that game

We all need to meet up somewhere and have a drink. Gavin, FX, Qwiz, Wooly, what say you? :D

No, under the influence a bar fight might break out hahahaha...and like Gavin I don't drink either lol. The "influence" would be a football argument hahaha.

No, under the influence a bar fight might break out hahahaha...and like Gavin I don't drink either lol. The "influence" would be a football argument hahaha.

Want me to drink, pull up some highlights of the Colts last season. want me to go insane, put me in solitary confinement and make me watch the whole Colts season over and over and over and over again kinda makes me feel awful being a Cubs fan its like watching them for a season and just pushin Rewind year after year after year