Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terrelle Pryor Discussion [Merge]

SuperManning18

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this rumor has any legs at all, the Colts interest in him has to be for specialty plays and to use his obvious athleticism. It cannot be for QB development as it seems apparent to me that he is not an NFL caliber QB.

But I doubt the rumor has any merit.

T.O. is a proven veteran and we know exactly what u get from him as far as talent-wise. Pryor was an average college qb that is not proven on the next level. Meaning...T.O.s production is the only reason why teams deal with his drama. Why deal with Pryors and all the bad PR that goes with him? Not to mention he's the poster child for exactly how to NOT get picked by the Colts. All that said...I don't want Owens either. He's also very "un-Coltslike." Can you imagine us winning a game 35-0 and him in the news whining because Reggie and Garcon caught more passes? I'll pass thanks

I've never been remotely impressed with Pryor. Big, athletic fellow... mediocre college quarterback. I don't see what the hoopla is all about.

Well from his stats he look like he was getting better every year and thats what you look for in a QB, he's just like Cam Newton i highly doubt the colts would get this guy but it would have been really interesting if they did.. would definitely make the preseason exciting.

Well from his stats he look like he was getting better every year and thats what you look for in a QB, he's just like Cam Newton i highly doubt the colts would get this guy but it would have been really interesting if they did.. would definitely make the preseason exciting.

In all honesty, I don't live in Big Ten country, so haven't seen all his games. The few games I did see, though, he didn't seem like a difference maker.

Newton, on the other hand, has accomplished good things with his talent and looks a like a confident pocket passer.

I guess I'll have to reserve judgement until he gets into the league. Yeah, I don't see the Colts getting him, though.

I would much rather us go after T.O. if Indy does anything offensively. Pryor doesn't match up with the Polians values at all, so this shouldn't happen. Anything would be an upgrade from Painter though...I'm pretty sure Curtis would have a better QB rating if he played blindfolded. The reality is, our needs are still defensive. We have no viable secondary, Bethea is really the only bright spot.

I would much rather us go after T.O. if Indy does anything offensively. Pryor doesn't match up with the Polians values at all, so this shouldn't happen. Anything would be an upgrade from Painter though...I'm pretty sure Curtis would have a better QB rating if he played blindfolded. The reality is, our needs are still defensive. We have no viable secondary, Bethea is really the only bright spot.

Wait a minute.

You want T.O. but then dismiss Pryor because he does not have the values that Polian would prefer? That is the very definition of oxymoron. Which I also think explains why the rest of your post is kind of off target.

I wouldn't spend a Supplemental Draft pick on him, but if he went un-drafted..... can he return kicks?

I don't like the apparent character issues.

I don't like the idea of the media circus that would follow him around.

I don't like him as a QB.

But, he seems to be athletic. Perhaps, there's another position for him? KR, PR, WR, DB?

But, still.....

I wouldn't spend a Supplemental Draft pick on him, but if he went un-drafted..... can he return kicks?

I don't like the apparent character issues.

I don't like the idea of the media circus that would follow him around.

I don't like him as a QB.

But, he seems to be athletic. Perhaps, there's another position for him? KR, PR, WR, DB?

But, still.....

I think ppl are gonna have to get use to how some of these QB's are, there was vince young, Teebow, Cam newton, now Pryor. While none of these guys have done much *excluding VY's probowl* they have some really good upsides and you cannot ignore his 2010 season with 27TD's and 11ints... i think he could benefit from a guy like peytons tutelage.

Maybe he'd make a Tight End or something. He's built like a monster, but he's not QB material.

He is a WR/TE, no doubt about it. Will not be an NFL QB. Have you really ever seen him throw? May as well scream, "Duck!", as it wobbles and flails in the air. Also, accuracy issues. Either BIG project or WR.

He is a WR/TE, no doubt about it. Will not be an NFL QB. Have you really ever seen him throw? May as well scream, "Duck!", as it wobbles and flails in the air. Also, accuracy issues. Either BIG project or WR.

Idk much about him but it dont look like no ducks to me... neither in any of his highlights.

I think ppl are gonna have to get use to how some of these QB's are, there was vince young, Teebow, Cam newton, now Pryor. While none of these guys have done much *excluding VY's probowl* they have some really good upsides and you cannot ignore his 2010 season with 27TD's and 11ints... i think he could benefit from a guy like peytons tutelage.

Well, I won't sit here and tell you that none of these types of guys will ever make it, but I do feel pretty comfortable in telling you I think it's going to be pretty rare.

Wasn't there a thread a few months back discussing how 'accuracy couldn't be taught'?

Isn't that what "highlights" are for? To show off only good plays? I sure don't put bad plays in my highlights. Hey, Tim Tebow's highlights are far more impressive in a possibly superior conference. How's he doing making the transition?

Can Pryor succeed? I believe in anything, I wouldn't set him down to his face. Will it take a while? Very much so.

Pat White didn't want to be a WR, how did that turn out?

I'm all good if you support him, but highlight tapes are not meant to show weakness.

Isn't that what "highlights" are for? To show off only good plays? I sure don't put bad plays in my highlights. Hey, Tim Tebow's highlights are far more impressive in a possibly superior conference. How's he doing making the transition?

Can Pryor succeed? I believe in anything, I wouldn't set him down to his face. Will it take a while? Very much so.

Pat White didn't want to be a WR, how did that turn out?

I'm all good if you support him, but highlight tapes are not meant to show weakness.

That wasnt a highlight video, and 27TD's n 11int's i dont think there would be many ducks thrown. he has the size and arm, who cares about QB mechanics as long as you can get the ball to your WR thats all that matters.

Well, I won't sit here and tell you that none of these types of guys will ever make it, but I do feel pretty comfortable in telling you I think it's going to be pretty rare.

Wasn't there a thread a few months back discussing how 'accuracy couldn't be taught'?

Im not gonna say the guy is not accurate if you look at his college stats that does not show that at all. But then again i have never seen him play. So unless his college stats are lying i would say he was pretty good as a QB.

If he is available for a 5th or 6th.... I say DO it !!

First off, he didnt kill anyone, didnt steal anything, didnt take 1000's of dollars

from a booster.

He got a free tattoo and he sold HIS jersey. Not great, but hardly worth tying him in with

* like T.O.

From what I have heard and read, he is a positive influence on the team, and at least in front

of the cameras he has shown to be a humble 19 year old kid.

He is not at the level of the QBs selected in the first 2 rounds of this years draft.

However, he was a very good College QB. He got better every year.

He is a HUGE guy who can run a 4.4 forty. He has a very strong arm. He has tremendous upside.

He will take longer to develop, which coincides with Peytons departure in a few years.

While he is developing...... He can

- Be a changeup player on 4th and 1

- Possibly play a small bit of WR (His freshman year he played a few downs in a game at WR and scored)

To me.... its a very low risk, very high reward if we can get him late.

Lot of arm chair QB coaches in here :ref:

So first your defending painter, and now your telling us that we're wrong in assessing pryor as a substandard QB?

Seriously?

This HAS to be a joke like the guy who said Blair White was going to have over 1,000 receiving yards and double digit TD catches this season... Has to be. If not, god help us because we're letting the absolutely mad run with the general population....