Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terrelle Pryor Discussion [Merge]

SuperManning18

So first your defending painter, and now your telling us that we're wrong in assessing pryor as a substandard QB?

Seriously?

This HAS to be a joke like the guy who said Blair White was going to have over 1,000 receiving yards and double digit TD catches this season... Has to be. If not, god help us because we're letting the absolutely mad run with the general population....

How in the world do you know Terrelle Pryor is gonna be a substandard QB?? how? the guys stats are all in the positives performed well against good teams in college what makes you think he will be substandard? He's an exact clone of Cam Newton who was drafted in the 1st round and only had 1 actual season as a starter, so tell me why he's substandard? Idk if you think your some type of QB scout or something but you have no reason.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the world do you know Terrelle Pryor is gonna be a substandard QB?? how? the guys stats are all in the positives performed well against good teams in college what makes you think he will be substandard? He's an exact clone of Cam Newton who was drafted in the 1st round and only had 1 actual season as a starter, so tell me why he's substandard? Idk if you think your some type of QB scout or something but you have no reason.

And you're obviously a QB scout the way you talk.

I'm sorry I ever questioned your genius. I bow to the feared and almighty Curtis Painter, the greatest backup QB to ever play the game, and Terrelle Pryor, the man who will form his own team comprised solely of himself and win the Super Bowl until he chooses to finally retire at the age of 87...

Whats the old Buggs Bunny saying? Oh yeah... "What an em besel."

:facepalm:

What would be the point for the Colts? Odds are if we need a back up QB we are going to need it at the start of the season something Pryor wont be able to give us due to his five game ban. On top of that Pryor is nothing like Manning and thus our offense wouldn't work for Pryor and you can't exactly rewrite the playbook in the middle of the season. I just don't see it. I think what you are seeing from the media is that they don't like Painter either and thus they think we need a QB and hey Pryor is there so we must be interested! Think bout it for years going into the draft with Sorgi ESPN would list QB as a need and we never drafted one till Painter. Frankly I think the Colts are happy with Painter and will stick with him.

5th- 7th rd

do it, he is 19, its not like he is done learning, who better than to learn from than p-money

this would improve our run game, and our play action and possibly give us time after the snap-- even if its a decoy it will make defenses think twice

pryor and king if we some how got both of em

id be happy

5th- 7th rd

do it, he is 19, its not like he is done learning, who better than to learn from than p-money

this would improve our run game, and our play action and possibly give us time after the snap-- even if its a decoy it will make defenses think twice

pryor and king if we some how got both of em

id be happy

How is he going to improve our running game? If he's being drafted to be a back up QB he's not going to play. Is he just going to inspire them from the bench? If you are talking about down the road when Peyton is gone who knows if our running game will even still be a problem by then.

Hey...the guys first name is Terrelle.........and most Terrelle's that we all know and don't love have been ok players but otherwise should have spelled their name like this....."Trouble".......and the Colts don't need any "Trouble".......and that would go for all T.O.s and or T.P.s

It's just not worth the drama....at any level.:no:

hey everybody, new user on the board (was on the old forums though). i'm an Ohio State fan who's watched Pryor all three years he was at OSU, so i'll give you guys my insight

-every year he got better

-i will admit he is inconsistent, but when he's in rhythm he's very good

pros

-big arm, Pryor is great throwing the deep ball

-upside as mentioned previously

-4.4 speed and scrambling ability; ability to break away from play and make something happen; doesn't get sacked very often

cons

-accuracy issues from 10-25 yards out; misses receivers at times when they are open, throws into tight coverage sometimes, etc.

-makes dumb throws a lot, and you can tell because usually the ball lobs and the pass is incomplete

-inconsistency as mentioned above

-once he gets chemistry with a receiver (im talking games, not quarters), he WILL depend on that receiver and will look away from other receivers (Posey was his favorite)

in conclusion, i definitely think he's better than Newton but would be a long project in the NFL if he were to play QB, and Manning would be a great mentor to him, and i think Manning would smack some sense into him a few times

And you're obviously a QB scout the way you talk.

I'm sorry I ever questioned your genius. I bow to the feared and almighty Curtis Painter, the greatest backup QB to ever play the game, and Terrelle Pryor, the man who will form his own team comprised solely of himself and win the Super Bowl until he chooses to finally retire at the age of 87...

Whats the old Buggs Bunny saying? Oh yeah... "What an em besel."

:facepalm:

Yess the great and almighty Scout smitht, my resume is impeccable and the players unstoppable.

Yess the great and almighty Scout smitht, my resume is impeccable and the players unstoppable.

Obviously.

I shouldn't have to say how much I found myself in awe of painter tonight... Just did such a great job, right? Even Peyton himself has never been able to duplicate such a performance...

Obviously.

I shouldn't have to say how much I found myself in awe of painter tonight... Just did such a great job, right? Even Peyton himself has never been able to duplicate such a performance...

I see you noticed, give painter time and he'll soon be the backup everyone's asking for, just made this saying up "you beat a mule enough times it will soon understand what you want him to do" meaning let painter make all of his mistakes this is the preseason, he'll learn from them.... Sen-say smitto.

I see you noticed, give painter time and he'll soon be the backup everyone's asking for, just made this saying up "you beat a mule enough times it will soon understand what you want him to do" meaning let painter make all of his mistakes this is the preseason, he'll learn from them.... Sen-say smitto.

Enh I am not so sure about that. I have been a huge defender of Sorgi over the years because even with Sorgi I saw signs that he was going to be able to play at the NFL level. Painter I just don't get that vibe. It's sad to say but I think the Colts might have ruined his career putting him in that Jets game.

How is he going to improve our running game? If he's being drafted to be a back up QB he's not going to play. Is he just going to inspire them from the bench? If you are talking about down the road when Peyton is gone who knows if our running game will even still be a problem by then.

if he is in at QB_ as an example, he can have the ability to run a run play or an option play

he can be used as a wide receiver sparingly, he is pretty athletic, i was just saying, maybe 5 years he can be primed to take over, but in the mean time, we can get his feet wet, learn some of the plays get on the field,

i would be a good developmental project

He's sub-standard because he never improved in all of his years as a starter, lost against Pro-style defenses (like Wisconsin), and was generally considered a disappointment by season's end despite the hype he'd get heading into each campaign.

His throwing motion is awful.

His accuracy is terrible.

His decision making is questionable at-best.

He had decent numbers against college kids, some of which just so happen to be athletes. But he's shown no ability to be an NFL QB. That's why he's projected as a late round pick in the supplemental draft. In the main draft, he would have been an UDFA.

He's sub-standard because he never improved in all of his years as a starter,

He had decent numbers against college kids, some of which just so happen to be athletes. But he's shown no ability to be an NFL QB. That's why he's projected as a late round pick in the supplemental draft. In the main draft, he would have been an UDFA.

You are incorrect with SOME of your observations

Pryor Stats

------ Pass Yards Complete% TD Pass YPA Rating Yards per rush

2009 Stats 2094 ---- 56.6%--- 18 ----- 7.1 -----128.9 -------- 4.8

2010 Stats 2772 ---- 65%---- 27 ----- 8.58-----157.9 -------- 5.6

His interceptions stayed the same at 11, but he did pass more and he increased his TDs vs Interceptions

As you can see.... he had CLEAR improvement in all the major categories for a QB.

Of COURSE he had decent numbers against COLLEGE KIDS.... as oppposed to whom??????

I think thats all he is allowed to play against in college

He does have a release that is odd. I think that you may be right that it could be a

downfall for him in the pros. But, I would love to see what a pro QB coach would do with

Pryor to improve the throwing motion. That IS a risk...... I agree with you.

I also believe that he sometimes makes poor reads. BUT that was more in 2009 than last year.

It still is an issue that a pro QB coach MIGHT be able to help fix

A good quick question would be.... who is the great WRs and RBs that he has had to work with at

Ohio State?

The answer? Not one.... its been the "Prior show" at Ohio State.

As I had mentioned before

Even with his improvement he is a raw prospect for the pros

I WOULD NOT take him with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

I WOULD take him with a 5th or later

These picks are very low risk very high reward.

This guy is an extremely athletic 6 foot 6 inch 230 Lb 4.4 prospect,

with very strong arm.

You cant teach that

He went out for 3 passes and caught 2 touchdowns

He may end up as a WR, but I'd take the low risk and see if I could develop

him as a QB.

I do think he could play better than Painter TODAY, but realistically,

IF he has the right attitude, it could take him 2-3 years to be ready to play QB

He states they're not taking Pryor and is asking people what Vet QB they should sign to hold down the fort if Peyton isn't available early on. I'm not liking the vibes they're sending out about Peyton. I wouldn't be as concerned if we opened up against a couple NFC teams but a division rival and another AFC team the first 2 weeks worries me when it comes to tie breakers. And Pittsburgh looming in week 3. I guess we'll have to just wait and see (and hope and pray).

Lets bring in Kurt Warner. Why, not that dude can pack groceries one day and win superbowls the next. I know he is 40 but is there really anyone out there worth bringing in? Maybe Drew Stanton from Detriot if he is still there. He looked good when he stepped in. He went 2-1 as a starter in Detroit.

Enh I am not so sure about that. I have been a huge defender of Sorgi over the years because even with Sorgi I saw signs that he was going to be able to play at the NFL level. Painter I just don't get that vibe. It's sad to say but I think the Colts might have ruined his career putting him in that Jets game.

That might be true, there was one play where painter was jumping up like peyton does and i was like wth was that, that was the first time ive ever seen that one. I think he's trying too hard for a back up.

he will never be a nfl qb, and i said that before he went to ohio state. i remember telling people in his home town when he was a senior, that he should concentrate on playing basketball in college. i would would love to use a late pick on him if he is willing to be a wr.

Makes ya wonder if Polian visits these forums then. How would he know to shoot down that rumor unless it's people, like us, getting excited over it?

First the Randy Moss statement of something like, "Why would you guys want Moss?" And now this. Hmm...

Makes ya wonder if Polian visits these forums then. How would he know to shoot down that rumor unless it's people, like us, getting excited over it?

First the Randy Moss statement of something like, "Why would you guys want Moss?" And now this. Hmm...

You mean Irsay?

He might very well. With that said it's more likely Colts fans send him questions on twitter about it.

i think that was the intention, but the forum toilet is backed up again

I think there needs to be a toilet plunger emoticon :neener: .

I don't see why everyone is talking about Pryor. If, by some chance, Peyton can't go week 1, we will need an experienced QB to even give us a shot at winning. Any rookie or other existing QB we have on the roster will not learn the system in time to give us a chance to win. We will also not give up any draft picks for the guy. If we are going to try and invest in a QB with a draft pick, I feel we can do better in the upcoming years if that is the route we choose.

I think there needs to be a toilet plunger emoticon :neener: .

I don't see why everyone is talking about Pryor. If, by some chance, Peyton can't go week 1, we will need an experienced QB to even give us a shot at winning. Any rookie or other existing QB we have on the roster will not learn the system in time to give us a chance to win. We will also not give up any draft picks for the guy. If we are going to try and invest in a QB with a draft pick, I feel we can do better in the upcoming years if that is the route we choose.

No one is talking about Pryor playing this season! Pryor cant even play until after wk 6 anyway. They are saying he can possibly learn under peyton cause he has raw skills... Plus when they asked polian if they are interested in Pryor all he said was "no comment".