Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Thomas traded?

OllyDawes

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the camp and thomas has been awful and was the 6th on depth chart. justin king has been the most impressive player at camp and has elite 4.3 speed with great man cover abilities. cassius vaughn has also been impressive and is playing in the slot while powers is on the outside. pagano specializes in secondary so he knows for sure who can play.

does anyone know Chism's number? on colts.co and Stampedeblue they have him as 39 and karim as 39. I thought I saw karim wearing 39 on the nfl network the other day and would really like to know Chism's so I can try and watch for his playing next time I get to see them on TV.

thanks for your help

does anyone know Chism's number? on colts.co and Stampedeblue they have him as 39 and karim as 39. I thought I saw karim wearing 39 on the nfl network the other day and would really like to know Chism's so I can try and watch for his playing next time I get to see them on TV.

thanks for your help

Chism is also wearing #39 as of now, someone will eventually change after some cuts are made and more numbers are freed up. It's the same case as Jermale Hines and Mewelde Moore both wearing #26 for now. Just look for the blue #39 jersey instead of the white.

Eagles LBs? That seems like a pretty questionable trade as Philly's 2011 squad may have featured the single worst group of LBs I have ever seen in the NFL. The Wide 9 may not have helped them out any but, man... just terrible. This definitely isn't the kind of trade you lose sleep over, though.

Matthews inherited none of the NFL genes in that family. Even by rookie standards he looked completely atrocious out on the field and he likely wouldn't have been taken before the 6th round were it not for his last name.

Eagles fan here....I'm going to try to shed a little light on this deal from the oppositions perspective, if I may.

Last years linebacking corps was atrocious, you are right there but thats poised to change this season, imo. The defense is going to be a whole different monster this year at the following:

LB: DeMeco Ryans was a HUGE get for the Eagles in the offseason, he will be the commander of the defense and now that he is back in the 4-3 (which is where he flourished in Houston), I think he is poised for a big year. Currently the starting SAM backer is our 2nd round pick, Mychal Kendricks, I think he's going to be pretty darn good. WILL is still open between Chaney, Matthews & Rolle.

They traded Fokou/Lloyd because to put it bluntly, they weren't making the Eagles team as it stands right now with a lot of the other guys having VERY promising camps and showing VAST improvements (even Matthews). The D-Line was already a terror last year and this year, its even deeper.

I'm getting off topic here so I'll just go back to where I meant to start.

Kevin Thomas probably won't even make the team---he's a decent press corner and that is where the Eagles are heading to run a lot of this year now that Asante Samuel is gone. Both Dominique Rodgers Cromartie & Nnamdi Asomugha's strong suits are press man coverage. The trade makes sense for both sides, even if he doesn't make the team---which I don't think he will.

The Eagles are fairly deep at DB with DRC/Nnamdi, Joselio Hanson/Brandon Boykin in the slot and then Curtis Marsh & Cliff Harris. Those are the six they go into the season with.

Anyways, you guys are getting a good dude in Fokou. He just wasn't making the squad as he's been outplayed by all the guys mentioned above at LB PLUS Keenan Clayton.

Matthews is NEVER going to be as good as his brother/father/grandma, I think we all can agree to that but he brought up his play tremendously towards the end of the season and with a promising training camp thus far, he'll be a good rotational guy.

Also----here's a good article from the Eagles side of things----best of luck to you guys this year!

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Eagles-send-2-LBs-to-Colts-for-CB-Thomas?blockID=750619&feedID=704

thanks for your help

39 is right

And this is the main reason I hate luck fans. No one knows more than them. Even when they're wrong. Don't respond to me anymore please.

I'm pretty much guessing he's not a Luck fan, nor a Colts fan.

Perhaps a troll.

Perhaps a Bears fan.

Or both.

I'm pretty much guessing he's not a Luck fan, nor a Colts fan.

Perhaps a troll.

Perhaps a Bears fan.

Or both.

Apparently you never got the memo about them being one in the same...

But, in someone's defense, it could be worse. Of all the trolls we've had, Chargers, Pats, Jets, the list goes on... NONE came anywhere near close to being as bad as Saints fans...

Eagles fan here....I'm going to try to shed a little light on this deal from the oppositions perspective, if I may.

Last years linebacking corps was atrocious, you are right there but thats poised to change this season, imo. The defense is going to be a whole different monster this year at the following:

LB: DeMeco Ryans was a HUGE get for the Eagles in the offseason, he will be the commander of the defense and now that he is back in the 4-3 (which is where he flourished in Houston), I think he is poised for a big year. Currently the starting SAM backer is our 2nd round pick, Mychal Kendricks, I think he's going to be pretty darn good. WILL is still open between Chaney, Matthews & Rolle.

They traded Fokou/Lloyd because to put it bluntly, they weren't making the Eagles team as it stands right now with a lot of the other guys having VERY promising camps and showing VAST improvements (even Matthews). The D-Line was already a terror last year and this year, its even deeper.

I'm getting off topic here so I'll just go back to where I meant to start.

Kevin Thomas probably won't even make the team---he's a decent press corner and that is where the Eagles are heading to run a lot of this year now that Asante Samuel is gone. Both Dominique Rodgers Cromartie & Nnamdi Asomugha's strong suits are press man coverage. The trade makes sense for both sides, even if he doesn't make the team---which I don't think he will.

The Eagles are fairly deep at DB with DRC/Nnamdi, Joselio Hanson/Brandon Boykin in the slot and then Curtis Marsh & Cliff Harris. Those are the six they go into the season with.

Anyways, you guys are getting a good dude in Fokou. He just wasn't making the squad as he's been outplayed by all the guys mentioned above at LB PLUS Keenan Clayton.

Matthews is NEVER going to be as good as his brother/father/grandma, I think we all can agree to that but he brought up his play tremendously towards the end of the season and with a promising training camp thus far, he'll be a good rotational guy.

Also----here's a good article from the Eagles side of things----best of luck to you guys this year!

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-talk/Eagles-send-2-LBs-to-Colts-for-CB-Thomas?blockID=750619&feedID=704

Nice post, in all sadness fokou might start

Good luck to your dream team too

Lloyd and Fokuo are listed only as Linebackers at this point, given Lloyds size and blood line I say its to early to say if he will be an interior Linebacker or OLB probably better suited as ILB, My guess is a Linebacker is about to get the axe, My guess is Lutrus Scott, Overton or Safety Merletti, Colts are crowded at Linebacker and Safety, Of course I have no idea, Im just guessing. but I dont even recall Merletti practicing let alone him making his presence known I actually swear up and down he is injured, as for Scott, he has been on my Cut list from day 1, he was a long shot in my opinion

I was not happy about the moves you made to shore up that unit at all. Ryans is an amazing 4-3 MLB when healthy and I was hoping the Skins would have a shot to grab Kendricks at the top of the 3rd. His stock rose quite a bit leading up to the draft, unfortunately. Hopefully you guys underperform again... but not without beating the Giants a couple of times.

John Mara is enemy #1 going forward. :ticked:

Lloyd and Fokuo are listed only as Linebackers at this point, given Lloyds size and blood line I say its to early to say if he will be an interior Linebacker or OLB probably better suited as ILB, My guess is a Linebacker is about to get the axe, My guess is Lutrus Scott, Overton or Safety Merletti, Colts are crowded at Linebacker and Safety, Of course I have no idea, Im just guessing. but I dont even recall Merletti practicing let alone him making his presence known I actually swear up and down he is injured, as for Scott, he has been on my Cut list from day 1, he was a long shot in my opinion

Given that Lloyd was a DE in college, I'd expect OLB to make the most sense.

I'm rating him on how he played last year when we gave him a shot. He did nothing in zone coverage (almost all of it soft umbrella coverage), but neither did anyone else. The scheme completely hampered the corner's ability to make plays, and made it impossible for us to know who is good and who isn't. I guess that's what the point was: make all the corners irrelevant. It worked.

But on the few plays he actually played closer to the line of scrimmage, and the even fewer plays he was in man coverage, he looked fine. He actually looked better in man, which isn't surprising since he played a lot of man in the pass happy Pac-10. I don't think he was as bad as people think he was.

That said, the staff knows better than I do. However, there's two sides to every coin. It's telling that the Eagles wanted him, and gave up a player who has started 18 games the past two seasons, and his backup. I just don't like the move. I think Thomas is good enough to contribute (I don't know anything, of course), and I think the position is hurting for us more than linebacker is.

It seems like the staff plans to put a lot of pressure on the front seven, though. I'm anxious to see what our defense looks like.

Well I will just have to trust Grigson...he clearly feels positive about this guy and the staff clearly didn't think Thomas was doing anything to stand out. Now...I know this guy started but all I heard last year was how TERRIBLE the Eagles LB play was....so IDK...time will tell....as always..big question mark this year...I honestly don't know how anyone can sit here and say we are going to be great and contend for a division crown without serious doubts and its just as hard to think we will go 2-14 with the added players....I still think we are just in year 1 of a 2 or 3 year rebuilding process to win the division again. You know my heart says yes but my head just says no.

I was not happy about the moves you made to shore up that unit at all. Ryans is an amazing 4-3 MLB when healthy and I was hoping the Skins would have a shot to grab Kendricks at the top of the 3rd. His stock rose quite a bit leading up to the draft, unfortunately. Hopefully you guys underperform again... but not without beating the Giants a couple of times.

John Mara is enemy #1 going forward. :ticked:

You guys Drafted Keenan Robinson, you're set at the ILB Position when Fletcher hangs up the Cleats

Well I will just have to trust Grigson...he clearly feels positive about this guy and the staff clearly didn't think Thomas was doing anything to stand out. Now...I know this guy started but all I heard last year was how TERRIBLE the Eagles LB play was....so IDK...time will tell....as always..big question mark this year...I honestly don't know how anyone can sit here and say we are going to be great and contend for a division crown without serious doubts and its just as hard to think we will go 2-14 with the added players....I still think we are just in year 1 of a 2 or 3 year rebuilding process to win the division again. You know my heart says yes but my head just says no.

About the linebackers, Fukou wound up on IR last year, and the other guy was his backup. They had a lot of injuries and a silly situation at defensive coordinator. I wouldn't pin the Eagles play on just the players. Either way, no one is super excited about these guys.

So we give up another draft pick for next years draft? I don't like that. We are now down to five picks (1-4 & 6)

Thomas for two former 7 rounders, don't know if that is good or not. He hasn't played very much but I think you have to trust the coaches decision on that.

this trade confuses me. while we need depth at LB we also didnt improve our cb situation. im guessing either the colts already have someone in mind to start opposite powers which made him expandable or thomas just wasnt performing to the level they wanted

So we give up another draft pick for next years draft? I don't like that. We are now down to five picks (1-4 & 6)

Thomas for two former 7 rounders, don't know if that is good or not. He hasn't played very much but I think you have to trust the coaches decision on that.

I think Spoonfish is correct.... we'll get some compensatory picks and have pick(s) in the 7th round... and, the pick has publicly been called "conditional'.... we don't know what the conditions are... but it's not a slam dunk that we're sending the Eagles the pick... likely won't know until the end of the year...

But, either way, it's not a big worry....

You guys Drafted Keenan Robinson, you're set at the ILB Position when Fletcher hangs up the Cleats

I hope so. He's looked pretty good in camp so far and I feel like our scouting at the position is pretty on point given that Perry Riley seems poised to break out this year. I wouldn't be upset if Fletcher stuck around forever, either. I'm fairly sure that tracking the movements of Fletch and Ray Lewis would be a far better means of locating the fountain of youth than anything Ponce de Leon tried :P

Although I like K Thomas, I think this trade is good for the colts, because it is creating competitions at positions like CB ( competition between vaughn, king and rucker) and also it causes the starters at LB ( Frathis, Angerer and Conner) to step up as I know from madden experience that Fokou and Lloyd are forces to be dealt with( I only played a season with the eagles cos I played 4 undefeated seasons as the horseshoe :lombardi: and I got bored)

All I know is Fokou and Llyod have 88 and 87 hit power in Madden respectively haha Not much to go off of. Fokou looks like a solid 'backer. Llyod has potential, I guess. Would've liked Casey Matthews just for his bloodline.

Bloodline you say.....Llyod is a pretty good bloodline.......Do you rememmer Greg Lyoyd of the Steelers?

And this is the main reason I hate luck fans. No one knows more than them. Even when they're wrong. Don't respond to me anymore please.

You hate Luck fans? Wow. What a pathetic thing to say. You really have not got over Peyton being surplus to requirements, have you? Dislike stupid posts (or posters), but tarnishing all with the same brush is dissapointing. And if Luck turns out to be a superstar, are you going to hate yourself?

You hate Luck fans? Wow. What a pathetic thing to say. You really have not got over Peyton being surplus to requirements, have you? Dislike stupid posts (or posters), but tarnishing all with the same brush is dissapointing. And if Luck turns out to be a superstar, are you going to hate yourself?

Look it's our neighborly foreign who watches the wrong football. Found a post of mine you enjoyed today?

though fx probably could have chosen his words better, I definitely understand where he's coming from and it has absolutely nothing to do with Peyton Manning. YOU'RE the one who keeps bringing Peyton into every discussion. Maybe YOU'RE the one who needs to get over it. ;)

Once it started looking like we were getting the first overall pick, a large number of Luck fans started becoming more and more vocal about how god-like he is. He was being called Manning 2.0, a shoe-in HOF'er, he's the best thing since freaking sliced bread. If anyone even tried to present an opposing view or not even oppose, but question certain parts of his game, they were met with a wall of arrogance making any contrarian seem like a brainless *. Not everyone thinks that Luck is already immediately the best QB in the league but there are many who were making comments like this. Now, yes there also were people who were very excited but also kept their excitement and admiration of Luck somewhat controlled, so those are not the people I'm (and I'm sure FX was) referring to.

though fx probably could have chosen his words better, I definitely understand where he's coming from and it has absolutely nothing to do with Peyton Manning. YOU'RE the one who keeps bringing Peyton into every discussion. Maybe YOU'RE the one who needs to get over it. ;)

Once it started looking like we were getting the first overall pick, a large number of Luck fans started becoming more and more vocal about how god-like he is. He was being called Manning 2.0, a shoe-in HOF'er, he's the best thing since freaking sliced bread. If anyone even tried to present an opposing view or not even oppose, but question certain parts of his game, they were met with a wall of arrogance making any contrarian seem like a brainless *. Not everyone thinks that Luck is already immediately the best QB in the league but there are many who were making comments like this. Now, yes there also were people who were very excited but also kept their excitement and admiration of Luck somewhat controlled, so those are not the people I'm (and I'm sure FX was) referring to.

There is nothing to defend here. There are tons of Luck fans on this forum, but FX hates them all. Unbelieveable. More tears from the Peyton gang. Incredible.