Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Ijalana Could Be Released If He Doesn't Play Better

Moncrief

Doesn't sound like solid info at all. The man just got drafted last year and had ACL surgery! They have nothing to base their opinions on to determine whether or not they want to cut him. Is he not still under his rookie contract?

Doesn't sound like solid info at all. The man just got drafted last year and had ACL surgery! They have nothing to base their opinions on to determine whether or not they want to cut him. Is he not still under his rookie contract?

They have camp and they have the film of last year's games including the pre-season and the little he played in the Bucs game and maybe even more importantly they know what they want in an o-lineman it could be Grigson already doesn't think he's going to fit that. Keep in mind Grigson seems to be going in a different direction than Polian was with the o-line. It could be Ijalana just doesn't fit what he wants in an o-lineman. We'll see what Ijalana does. JMV didn't say he's gone fo sure he just pretty much said he has lots to prove which since he hasn't done much is true. I will say this I wasn't that impressed with Ijalana based on what I saw of him in the pre-season last year which is why it's blown me away how much people have fallen in love with him. I am not saying it doesn't mean he couldn't get better but based on what I saw last year I am not shocked by this new. A little surprised yes but not completely shocked.

They have camp and they have the film of last year's games including the pre-season and the little he played in the Bucs game and maybe even more importantly they know what they want in an o-lineman it could be Grigson already doesn't think he's going to fit that. Keep in mind Grigson seems to be going in a different direction than Polian was with the o-line. It could be Ijalana just doesn't fit what he wants in an o-lineman. We'll see what Ijalana does. JMV didn't say he's gone fo sure he just pretty much said he has lots to prove which since he hasn't done much is true. I will say this I wasn't that impressed with Ijalana based on what I saw of him in the pre-season last year which is why it's blown me away how much people have fallen in love with him. I am not saying it doesn't mean he couldn't get better but based on what I saw last year I am not shocked by this new. A little surprised yes but not completely shocked.

Please. How many 2nd round draft picks do you know of that get cut in their 2nd year? Especially coming back from ACL surgery.

They just sat their and drafted a DL with a torn ACL this year in Josh Chapman. I don't see it.

Yes JMV does for example again when the new broke about Polian he was going out of his way to say he wasn't telling people he knew for a fact what was going to happen he was just telling people what he thought would happen based on what happened the last time the Colts made a GM Change. When he drops hints like he did here with the Ijalana thing or the Manning thing more times than not he tends to be right. He has a very good source who ever it happens to be. With that said part of his job is offer his opinion so yes he's going to offer it that's what they are paying him to do. Also in case you didn't notice we did keep Telesco and did in fact give him a promotion even if it wasn't the GM job. http://www.macsfootb...om-telesco.html

I'm telling you, when the word was originally said, he said that he is "hearing" that it will be a promotion of Telesco to GM with Polian being retained in a lesser role. I see you pointed out Telesco but is Polian still here?

Query has nothing to do with this. Jake tends to just throw more things out there and isn't on JMV's show and has nothing to do with JMV's points. Query likes to try to out think the room. JMV is just the normal guy in the bar you talk sports with who happens to have good friends who let him in on some inside information. So bringing Query into a conversation about JMV really doesn't have anything to do with JMV's track record.

They both are radio hosts who both throw things out there in the same fashion. One thing you have to realize about the media and journalism is that these "journalists" will often agree with what the other says and take it as their own. I bring Jake into this because he is one of the reporters who ALL agreed that this was going to be the case. ALL the guys at Indystar, 1070 and WIBC agreed that this was going to be the most likely scenario and that this was what their "sources" were telling them. JMV was apart of this. Accountability doesn't exist so therefore you pointing out a track record is useless since "guesses" don't count if they are wrong. But if the guess turns out to be right, its a whole other story and they heep all the praise on themselves.

Also no one said JMV was right 100% of the time or at least I didn't. I said he tends to be right more than he is wrong when it comes to things like this. Which means he is worth listening to when he says things like he did about Ijalana because he has the track record to prove it's not just a shot in the dark he has someone telling him stuff that tends to be fairly accurate. So unless you have Ryan Grigson's number which most if not all of us don't JMV has proven to be about the best inside source any of us have.

Don't get me wrong, I do listen to JMV and like some of the things he has to say but I still stand by that he is like any other radio host who display little to no accountability for being wrong. He has as many sources as the guys at the Star do because they all tend to release the same "insider" info within hours of each other.

Please. How many 2nd round draft picks do you know of that get cut in their 2nd year? Especially coming back from ACL surgery.

They just sat their and drafted a DL with a torn ACL this year in Josh Chapman. I don't see it.

I didn't say it was common I just gave reasons why it COULD happen. Once the guy who drafted you is gone your job can become in jeopardy if you don't fit what the new gm wants.

Grigson picked chapman he didn't take ijalana so they aren't the same they also play different poistions.

It's not hard to believe that Ijalana isn't a favorite of the staff and front office, but I do think it would be strange for him to be on the hot seat. It's not like we have a lot of linemen on the roster with pedigree, and none of the guys we brought in represent as much of an investment as Ijalana does. I understand that he's not Grigson's investment, but just a year ago he was a highly rated prospect. Even if he's not healthy, it would make more sense to IR him than it would to release him.

And, as has been mentioned, his play on the field has been decent. I do think some have made him out to be a future Pro Bowler a little too quickly, but it's not like he bombed out. I can't imagine that Ijalana would really be that far out of favor with the staff this quickly. It's not like he underperformed during OTAs; he wasn't on the field. It's just a strange report.

I'm telling you, when the word was originally said, he said that he is "hearing" that it will be a promotion of Telesco to GM with Polian being retained in a lesser role. I see you pointed out Telesco but is Polian still here?

He first brought up Fisher and McKennize and went out of his way to say he was guessing and said countless time it was his opinion which is is paid to do. Again, people are not saying JMV and his sources are right 100% of the time. You keep pointing out one time he was wrong. Okay we all have misses now and then even if we have a good source. With that said JMV has been right a lot more times than he has been wrong which is why most people think he is a good source. Again, unless you have Ryan Grigson's phone number that's all you want is a good source for something which based on his track record as a whole JMV has proven he is. So no he's not perfect but he's still right more than he is wrong. If you want perfection you are never going to find it when it comes to this kind of thing. Even here he was still half right so if you are going to be the one who wants to hold others accountable for not being perfect then be ready to be held accountable yourself when you aren't right and you weren't here since Telesco retained and promoted.

They both are radio hosts who both throw things out there in the same fashion. One thing you have to realize about the media and journalism is that these "journalists" will often agree with what the other says and take it as their own. I bring Jake into this because he is one of the reporters who ALL agreed that this was going to be the case. ALL the guys at Indystar, 1070 and WIBC agreed that this was going to be the most likely scenario and that this was what their "sources" were telling them. JMV was apart of this. Accountability doesn't exist so therefore you pointing out a track record is useless since "guesses" don't count if they are wrong. But if the guess turns out to be right, its a whole other story and they heep all the praise on themselves.
That's like saying well Peyton Manning and Curtis Painter are QBs. You don't judge Peyton Manning based on how Curtis Painter does. Again sources are not full proof no one is saying they are. However, since most of us can't just call Ryan Grigson and say hey what's going on with the Colts we look for people like JMV that we can listen to that tend to have good sources to be right more than than they are.

Also I am saying guesses don't count when they tell you it's a guess and don't try to present it's a fact. When someone says "I think this is going to happen..." isn't the samething as when someone says "This is what is going to happen." If JMV was wrong about this point okay he was wrong. Call him and talk to him about it he's always been willing to talk to anyone who said he was wrong about something. What else do you want for him to be held accountable? I find it ironic that the guy who is being held up here is DD on 1070. He is wrong A LOT and brags about never being wrong and whenever someone calls him on it he just belittles the people who call him on it and makes them the problem for saying he was wrong rather than the issue was he was wrong. That's someone who is avoiding being held accountable.

Also guess what JMV very rarely takes credit when he is right. A lot of people try to give him credit for the Manning thing and he'll just go I am just telling you what i heard. Check out his twitter when he broke that news he was called every name in the book because didn't want what he was saying to be true. When it turned out he was right he didn't say I told you so he just let his record stand for it's self. It seems like you have a general problem with radio show hosts that you are trying to make fit to JMV rather than having a problem with JMV.

Don't get me wrong, I do listen to JMV and like some of the things he has to say but I still stand by that he is like any other radio host who display little to no accountability for being wrong. He has as many sources as the guys at the Star do because they all tend to release the same "insider" info within hours of each other.

Again how do want him to be held accountable? I've heard him say he was wrong before. How do you know who or how many sources JMV has? I've heard Kravitz tell JMV on the air before that JMV has better sources than he does. I've also seen Phil B. use JMV as a source before. JMV tends to get the info first. Again, JMV track record speeks for himself he's right a lot more than wrong and for most of us that's good enough. If it's not good enough for you then so be it.

I didn't say it was common I just gave reasons why it COULD happen. Once the guy who drafted you is gone your job can become in jeopardy if you don't fit what the new gm wants.

Grigson picked chapman he didn't take ijalana so they aren't the same they also play different poistions.

We will have to see. The man played a whopping 4 games last year and then tore his ACL. There is very little to evaluate at all.

It seems to be insane that he could be to the point where he could lift a mountain and still be cut.

The guy has had very little to no time to develop at all. Linkenbach has shown plenty reason why he should be cut on the other hand.

We will have to see. The man played a whopping 4 games last year and then tore his ACL. There is very little to evaluate at all.

It seems to be insane that he could be to the point where he could lift a mountain and still be cut.

The guy has had very little to no time to develop at all. Linkenbach has shown plenty reason why he should be cut on the other hand.

I don't disagree I would be dissapointed and surprised if he was released, not shocked but surprised. With that to answer the question for why it could be happen the only thing that makes sense to me is that Grigson has a very different view point in what he wants in an o-lineman than Polian did and it could be that Ijalana doesn't fit what Girgson wants in o-lineman. It wouldn't be unlike what we did on defense where once we moved to a 3-4 there came some real questions to if Freeney and Mathis will still fit the defense. The answer from Grgison looks to be yes at least right now. With Ijalana it could be they aren't as sure.

I can tell from what I saw in the pre-season last year I wasn't all that impressed with Ijalana he did so so with other teams second and third teamers that tells me other teams would own him. I don't think he played long enough in the Bucs game to get a read either way. The Bucs didn't game plan for him clearly and he wasn't in the game long enough for them to figure out how to attack him. It could be that Grigson thinks Ijalana would be worse than Link. After all there is a reason I am sure last year that Link was starting over him. Just because most fans don't like Link doesn't mean other players are automatically better. I for one hope Ijalana is or that is just a crushing blow to trying to rebuild the line but based on what is a very small sample size he hasn't exactly proven he is better or worse to at least me but I am willing to admit Grigson is in a better spot than me to make that call which ever call he makes.

I don't disagree I would be dissapointed and surprised if he was released, not shocked but surprised. With that to answer the question for why it could be happen the only thing that makes sense to me is that Grigson has a very different view point in what he wants in an o-lineman than Polian did and it could be that Ijalana doesn't fit what Girgson wants in o-lineman. It wouldn't be unlike what we did on defense where once we moved to a 3-4 there came some real questions to if Freeney and Mathis will still fit the defense. The answer from Grgison looks to be yes at least right now. With Ijalana it could be they aren't as sure.

I can tell from what I saw in the pre-season last year I wasn't all that impressed with Ijalana he did so so with other teams second and third teamers that tells me other teams would own him. I don't think he played long enough in the Bucs game to get a read either way. The Bucs didn't game plan for him clearly and he wasn't in the game long enough for them to figure out how to attack him. It could be that Grigson thinks Ijalana would be worse than Link. After all there is a reason I am sure last year that Link was starting over him. Just because most fans don't like Link doesn't mean other players are automatically better. I for one hope Ijalana is or that is just a crushing blow to trying to rebuild the line but based on what is a very small sample size he hasn't exactly proven he is better or worse to at least me but I am willing to admit Grigson is in a better spot than me to make that call which ever call he makes.

I can respect your take on the situation, but why do you keep putting all of the decision making on Grigson? Gigson is not the coach, Pagano is the coach. If Grigson had the power to just randomly remove players from the team he didn't like, then what would be the point of Pagano being the coach? Grigson would need to take on that title for himself.

Time will tell on the issue of whether or not Ijalana stays or goes, but I find it hard to believe a head coach and a GM in unison determined that a 2nd round draft pick who only played 4 games and didn't embarass himself in any of those games, coming back from ACL surgery now has very little chance to make the team.

People are not saying Linkenbach is necessarily better than Ijalana or vice versa, but if you are using the issue of what is on the game film you can certainly pull more bad film on Link because he's had more time on the team. Ijalana has not had much time to put much bad film out there to the point where he now has to perform like he is a Pro Bowl guard in order to stay on the team. It seems more logical to be impatient about a guy where you can clearly see his mistakes, i.e. Linkenbach.

Neither one of the two has been given the chance to compete long enough under the current regime and the new schemes. Pagano and Grigson both came in saying that the people who did not get cut would be given a clean slate. It's primarily because everyone played in entirely different schemes than what are being coached up right now. I don't see them deviating from that on a player picked in the 2nd round who hasn't even had a chance for them to say he is a failure in their schemes.

Oh well. We can't do anything but sit back and see if any of this is true. I don't really think it is, but that's my opinion

Loads of twitter post from Colts writers that Ijalana reinjured his left knee and need a MRI. Lets hope he didnt tear it again.

Now if this happened, I can see them having no choice to cut him on those grounds

He first brought up Fisher and McKennize and went out of his way to say he was guessing and said countless time it was his opinion which is is paid to do. Again, people are not saying JMV and his sources are right 100% of the time. You keep pointing out one time he was wrong. Okay we all have misses now and then even if we have a good source. With that said JMV has been right a lot more times than he has been wrong which is why most people think he is a good source. Again, unless you have Ryan Grigson's phone number that's all you want is a good source for something which based on his track record as a whole JMV has proven he is. So no he's not perfect but he's still right more than he is wrong. If you want perfection you are never going to find it when it comes to this kind of thing. Even here he was still half right so if you are going to be the one who wants to hold others accountable for not being perfect then be ready to be held accountable yourself when you aren't right and you weren't here since Telesco retained and promoted.

But thats my point. I've RARELY heard him come out and say flat out he was wrong when has been and I listen to him nearly everyday. Look I'm not bashing the times he's been right or wrong here. My point is that he along with many other sports talk radio hosts have little to no accountability for themselves when they are wrong. I don't expect perfection but I also don't like the double standard. If you are right as a reporter and your source was right, you are free to soak up the glory as much as you please. If you are wrong, its "oh well i was wrong next topic". No accountability. And really, he wasn't even half right on the Telesco deal. Telesco got his promotion AFTER Grigson was hired on. Not during the period when people were scrambling to see what was going to happen with Polian and everyone else.

That's like saying well Peyton Manning and Curtis Painter are QBs. You don't judge Peyton Manning based on how Curtis Painter does. Again sources are not full proof no one is saying they are. However, since most of us can't just call Ryan Grigson and say hey what's going on with the Colts we look for people like JMV that we can listen to that tend to have good sources to be right more than than they are.

You actually do. You base both QB's on their completions, yards, INT to TD ratio and so on and so forth. The criteria is the same for all of them. Some just are at the bottom of the barrel and some are at the top. I guess on the local radio heirarcy JMV would be the Peyton Manning but in the paticular case of Polian/Telesco, he essentially put up the same numbers as Curtis Painter who would be Query. But in all honesty I don't even think the QB's and radio hosts are that comparable. It's kind of apples to oranges. And if you are, you can look at my point and infer that its essentially saying they both played the same game and threw the same amount of INT's with the same amount of yards and completions and got the same results at the end because they BOTH agreed on the Telesco/Polian deal as did every other reporter in the city.

Also I am saying guesses don't count when they tell you it's a guess and don't try to present it's a fact. When someone says "I think this is going to happen..." isn't the samething as when someone says "This is what is going to happen." If JMV was wrong about this point okay he was wrong. Call him and talk to him about it he's always been willing to talk to anyone who said he was wrong about something. What else do you want for him to be held accountable? I find it ironic that the guy who is being held up here is DD on 1070. He is wrong A LOT and brags about never being wrong and whenever someone calls him on it he just belittles the people who call him on it and makes them the problem for saying he was wrong rather than the issue was he was wrong. That's someone who is avoiding being held accountable.

But when they guess and are right, which they'll then backtrack and claim they have laid it as a fact (JMV and others have done this it happens all the time in talk radio), they take credit for it. And even if they don't claim it was fact, they'll take credit for being right on the guess but never if they are wrong. I want exactly what you are saying they should do and admit when they are wrong. But often they skimp over it and go into the next topic before taking a moment to take some accountability. I'd love for you to point out an exact time JMV claimed something as fact and was wrong (because im sure he has been) and show me him owning up to it. Most national radio hosts don't do it and I'm sure JMV has done it in RARE instance.

Don't get me started on DD. I would need my own thread to talk about the all kinds of journalistic fallacies he commits on a daily basis. They keep him on 1070 because he can talk high school and college basketball and.... thats pretty much it.

Now if this happened, I can see them having no choice to cut him on those grounds

More likely to IR him if it's serious. I really can't see them giving up on him so soon. I don't think he's going to cost much since he already got his bonus.

I also read where he is going for an MRI. No word yet. Article assumed he was re-injured. Is it possible they are doing this as a precaution or part of his rehab? I was hoping he would push for a starting spot. Hope he did not tear the repaired ACL......career could be in jeopardy.

Unless he is not coming back from his injury and the docs are saying that he may never come back, I don't think he gets cut. I think he goes IR or he could be cut and then put on the practice squad if no one picks him up. I was surprised he was cleared to practice because I though most ACL injuries meant at least 12 months of rehab before you were back to full strength.

I also read where he is going for an MRI. No word yet. Article assumed he was re-injured. Is it possible they are doing this as a precaution or part of his rehab? I was hoping he would push for a starting spot. Hope he did not tear the repaired ACL......career could be in jeopardy.

Lets hope his surgery wasn't done by the same surgeon as Robbie Hummel's. Ugh, just typing that gave my bad flashbacks. I'm gonna go sit in the shower with a bottle of bourbon now :(

I bet I can name 6 maybe 7 other O Linemen that stand to get cut before he would, Linkenbach, Steven Baker, Hayworth Hicks, Tepper, George Foster, Jason Foster. Now some of those I mentioned I dont believe will get cut or else we would have horrendous depth issues but you get my point

But thats my point. I've RARELY heard him come out and say flat out he was wrong when has been and I listen to him nearly everyday. Look I'm not bashing the times he's been right or wrong here. My point is that he along with many other sports talk radio hosts have little to no accountability for themselves when they are wrong. I don't expect perfection but I also don't like the double standard. If you are right as a reporter and your source was right, you are free to soak up the glory as much as you please. If you are wrong, its "oh well i was wrong next topic". No accountability. And really, he wasn't even half right on the Telesco deal. Telesco got his promotion AFTER Grigson was hired on. Not during the period when people were scrambling to see what was going to happen with Polian and everyone else.

Few things.

1. Most of the time he's wrong it's when he says he's just offering an opinion and when he offers an opinion when he goes out of his way to say it might not be right from the start. So if he's telling you that going in why does he need to go back after and say well my opinion was wrong on that. Sorry no one does that. That's the point of saying from the start it could be wrong.

2. Offering an opinion is very different from saying hey I heard this is what is going to happen. No one has said JMV is full proof they are just saying compared to other media people in this town he's a pretty good source and frankly the Manning get which is a story NO ONE had but him is a huge get on his part since it was a story EVERYONE wanted. He get's a lot of credit for that. Look at it this way it's like scoring a game winning TD in the Super Bowl vs. scoring one in Week one. Yeah they are both only worth six points but the guy who did it in the Super Bowl is going to get much more credit for his. Samething here. JMV got it right on a major story that no one else had.

You actually do. You base both QB's on their completions, yards, INT to TD ratio and so on and so forth. The criteria is the same for all of them. Some just are at the bottom of the barrel and some are at the top. I guess on the local radio heirarcy JMV would be the Peyton Manning but in the paticular case of Polian/Telesco, he essentially put up the same numbers as Curtis Painter who would be Query. But in all honesty I don't even think the QB's and radio hosts are that comparable. It's kind of apples to oranges. And if you are, you can look at my point and infer that its essentially saying they both played the same game and threw the same amount of INT's with the same amount of yards and completions and got the same results at the end because they BOTH agreed on the Telesco/Polian deal as did every other reporter in the city.

You don't sit there and go all Colts QBs for the past 10 years because Painter stunk. That's what you are trying to do here. You are trying to say because Query is wrong (which he often is) and doesn't say whoops I messed that one up after he's wrong it means JMV does the samething. That's not the case. JMV for starters tends to be right a lot more than Query and doesn't throw out all the wild and crazy things that Query does. Thus JMV is taken more serious when he says things.

Again you keep using one example. Okay JMV didn't get the whole story right. First things do change when people tell you things. I am not saying it happened here but it may have none of us know. To say that the day the Polians were fired was a crazy day is probably an understatement. I am sure it was a flued situation at some point. With that said, no one said JMV was perfect. They said he's right more than he's wrong which he is. That's why people trust what he says and are willing to say hey this is worth listening too. I don't think Query get's the same respect because again he doesn't have the same track record as JMV.

But when they guess and are right, which they'll then backtrack and claim they have laid it as a fact (JMV and others have done this it happens all the time in talk radio), they take credit for it. And even if they don't claim it was fact, they'll take credit for being right on the guess but never if they are wrong. I want exactly what you are saying they should do and admit when they are wrong. But often they skimp over it and go into the next topic before taking a moment to take some accountability. I'd love for you to point out an exact time JMV claimed something as fact and was wrong (because im sure he has been) and show me him owning up to it. Most national radio hosts don't do it and I'm sure JMV has done it in RARE instance.

No JMV doesn't do that unless someone was a jerk to him or tries to give him credit for it. Do others do it. Yes they do. JMV on the other hand normally defers credit. Even when he nailed the Manning story and people killed him for it because it wasn't what people wanted to hear he kept his cool about it. When people finally came around and said hey you got it right he just went hey I just reported what someone told me and didn't take any kind of credit for it and never brings it up on his own. If there was ever a moment to stand on your soap box and say hey I told you so that was it and he didn't do it.

Again you seem to be trying to take a general issue you have with sports talk show hosts and trying to stick it to JMV rather than dealing with the issue that people have brought up which is people simply saying JMV is a pretty good source which he has proven to be.

Don't get me started on DD. I would need my own thread to talk about the all kinds of journalistic fallacies he commits on a daily basis. They keep him on 1070 because he can talk high school and college basketball and.... thats pretty much it.

I would agree on DD. Frankly I think he's the walking definition of what your issue is with sports talk show hosts. I don't think JMV really fits what you are going after him for though. With that said the main point people have brought up is that JMV is a good source because he's right more than he is wrong. Rather he is a jerk or not doesn't really factor into that. Has he been wrong before? Sure no one said he's full proof they just he's worth listening too. Again to tie into a sports example Peyton Manning's made mistakes before as well but I would still love to have him as my QB because history has shown me he's going to make the great play more than he's going to make the mistake. JMV has proven when he says this is what I am hearing is going to go down that more times than not it's right. Again it's not perfect and no one is saying it is but it is worth listening too. If you disagree fine.

I can respect your take on the situation, but why do you keep putting all of the decision making on Grigson? Gigson is not the coach, Pagano is the coach. If Grigson had the power to just randomly remove players from the team he didn't like, then what would be the point of Pagano being the coach? Grigson would need to take on that title for himself.

Time will tell on the issue of whether or not Ijalana stays or goes, but I find it hard to believe a head coach and a GM in unison determined that a 2nd round draft pick who only played 4 games and didn't embarass himself in any of those games, coming back from ACL surgery now has very little chance to make the team.

People are not saying Linkenbach is necessarily better than Ijalana or vice versa, but if you are using the issue of what is on the game film you can certainly pull more bad film on Link because he's had more time on the team. Ijalana has not had much time to put much bad film out there to the point where he now has to perform like he is a Pro Bowl guard in order to stay on the team. It seems more logical to be impatient about a guy where you can clearly see his mistakes, i.e. Linkenbach.

Neither one of the two has been given the chance to compete long enough under the current regime and the new schemes. Pagano and Grigson both came in saying that the people who did not get cut would be given a clean slate. It's primarily because everyone played in entirely different schemes than what are being coached up right now. I don't see them deviating from that on a player picked in the 2nd round who hasn't even had a chance for them to say he is a failure in their schemes.

Oh well. We can't do anything but sit back and see if any of this is true. I don't really think it is, but that's my opinion

Because the GM is the one who gets the players. With that said I know Pags has a role as well. Clearly his opinion matters and I don't mean to make it sound like it doesn't because truth be told both play a huge role in this. At the end of the day it's the GM who goes out and gets players and cuts players though that's why I kept saying Grigson but if you want to include in Pagano in it as well that's fine. Like Dungy used to say though he did the cooking Polian did the shopping. I think the coach works more with what the GM gives him. With that said when it comes to cutting players clearly the coach has a major role in it as well.

That's why I said it would be surprising but with a new coach and a new GM it's not impossible if they want to go in another direction. Like I said if they are truly thinking about getting ride of him it could be he just doesn't fit what they want in an o-lineman or maybe they are seeing something on tape or in the practices that just makes them go you know what this isn't going to work. Who knows. Who knows maybe JMV's source is 100% wrong too.

Again no one knows what they have seen from Link and Ijalana to know where their opinions are. I agree there is far more tape on Link than Ijalana. With that said though there is a reason why Link was starting over Ijalana last year. People seem to be going there is no way Ijalana can be worse than Link based on them saying things like if Ijalana is cut and Link stays that's a dumb move. That is normally followed up by talking about how bad Link was. I agree Link is nothing special but just because he isn't doesn't mean Ijalana will be. Again Ijalana looked very average in the pre-season games he played last year vs. other teams second and third stringers. That's a bit concerning for a guy people are so high on. Again, I'd toss the Bucs game out because he didn't really play long enough to get a read on either way. With that said it's good he didn't embarrass himself but that's about all you can say about it. The Bucs didn't game plan for him they didn't really have film on him and he wasn't in the game long enough for them really to adjust to attack him. Again, like I brought up in another thread people were ready to stick with Painter as the back up going forward after his first three starts last year. Then teams got tape on him and figured out how to attack him. That's why you have "sophomore slumps" often times for second year players who were great rookies teams have figured out how to play them. So with Ijalana to most of us he is truly an unknown. With that said Grigs and Pagano are probably in a better spot to know for sure. I just don't agree with the idea that some have thrown out there that Ijalana must be better than Link. I don't think we've seen enough either way on him.

I want to be clear here though I WANT Ijalana to be better than Link. The last thing we need is another major bust in the draft and even more so the last thing we need is for that player to be a guy on the o-line. I am just saying it's not impossible that Ijalana could be a major bust. Frankly I don't think we know. I'd agree he's an unknown to us. He might not be to the Colts though.

They might have been a clean slate they might just be seeing something that makes them go you know what for us this isn't going to work. Some coaches and GMs have things that they want their players to have and maybe Ijalana just doesn't have that. Who knows. I'd agree it would be a move that I wouldn't be thrilled about but I am sure there would be a pretty good reason for it and just because I didn't like it doesn't mean I would say it's the wrong. Things like when and where you were drafted goes out the window when you hit the field and it really goes out the window when new management comes in because they don't feel tied to you in anyway because they didn't bring you in.

Few things.

1. Most of the time he's wrong it's when he says he's just offering an opinion and when he offers an opinion when he goes out of his way to say it might not be right from the start. So if he's telling you that going in why does he need to go back after and say well my opinion was wrong on that. Sorry no one does that. That's the point of saying from the start it could be wrong.

I think you are missing my point here. Its if they are RIGHT on that opinion it becomes an issue. If they are right on the opinion, they proceed to gloat about how they said x amount of weeks or days ago they said this. (Both DD and JMV have done this I have heard it). But if they are wrong on the opinion, they proceed to glaze over it and not say anything on it as you pointed out. Its a double standard.

2. Offering an opinion is very different from saying hey I heard this is what is going to happen. No one has said JMV is full proof they are just saying compared to other media people in this town he's a pretty good source and frankly the Manning get which is a story NO ONE had but him is a huge get on his part since it was a story EVERYONE wanted. He get's a lot of credit for that. Look at it this way it's like scoring a game winning TD in the Super Bowl vs. scoring one in Week one. Yeah they are both only worth six points but the guy who did it in the Super Bowl is going to get much more credit for his. Samething here. JMV got it right on a major story that no one else had.

That's fine he got the Manning story. Every "top" radio host gets a story like that every once in awhile and thats fine. I'm not challenging that he probably has the best sources out of all the radio hosts because frankly, theres not a lot for him to go against. I see what you are saying on the touchdown equation but in the Polian/Telesco deal, JMV was in the same boat as everyone else.

You don't sit there and go all Colts QBs for the past 10 years because Painter stunk. That's what you are trying to do here. You are trying to say because Query is wrong (which he often is) and doesn't say whoops I messed that one up after he's wrong it means JMV does the samething. That's not the case. JMV for starters tends to be right a lot more than Query and doesn't throw out all the wild and crazy things that Query does. Thus JMV is taken more serious when he says things.

They do though thats my point. You act like JMV is some sort of omniscient, completely different than your normal radio host- type of guy. ALL radio hosts whether they are the top at ESPN HQ or hosting an early A.M. AM talk show do the same things. They sometimes will fire a random dart out there. Sometimes they will hit. Sometimes they won't. The only judgement for that is how often they hit. JMV just happens to hit a little bit more than some of the other guys. Doesn't mean he operates any differently than the other guys though.

Again you keep using one example. Okay JMV didn't get the whole story right. First things do change when people tell you things. I am not saying it happened here but it may have none of us know. To say that the day the Polians were fired was a crazy day is probably an understatement. I am sure it was a flued situation at some point. With that said, no one said JMV was perfect. They said he's right more than he's wrong which he is. That's why people trust what he says and are willing to say hey this is worth listening too. I don't think Query get's the same respect because again he doesn't have the same track record as JMV.

I agree that Query doesn't have the same track record but he also understands the "game". He understands that they all play it the same way. Some of the guys just have better leads and sources that get them the big stories. But my point here is that on a level playing field ie. Polian/Telesco, they all are made to look silly and regurgitate each other's words. All claiming their "sources" said what was going to happen. I bring up Polian/Telesco because its more recent.

No JMV doesn't do that unless someone was a jerk to him or tries to give him credit for it. Do others do it. Yes they do. JMV on the other hand normally defers credit. Even when he nailed the Manning story and people killed him for it because it wasn't what people wanted to hear he kept his cool about it. When people finally came around and said hey you got it right he just went hey I just reported what someone told me and didn't take any kind of credit for it and never brings it up on his own. If there was ever a moment to stand on your soap box and say hey I told you so that was it and he didn't do it.

I honestly believe you are being a little naive if you really believe that Mr. JMV and all his arrogance hasn't EVER tried to take credit for being right. All radio hosts do it. It's part of their job.

Again you seem to be trying to take a general issue you have with sports talk show hosts and trying to stick it to JMV rather than dealing with the issue that people have brought up which is people simply saying JMV is a pretty good source which he has proven to be.

Look, I agree he's pretty right sometimes on things because of his sources but I also want people to be level-headed and realize at the end of the day he doesn't operate any differently than any of these other radio hosts. It's his sources that make up the difference.

I would agree on DD. Frankly I think he's the walking definition of what your issue is with sports talk show hosts. I don't think JMV really fits what you are going after him for though. With that said the main point people have brought up is that JMV is a good source because he's right more than he is wrong. Rather he is a jerk or not doesn't really factor into that. Has he been wrong before? Sure no one said he's full proof they just he's worth listening too. Again to tie into a sports example Peyton Manning's made mistakes before as well but I would still love to have him as my QB because history has shown me he's going to make the great play more than he's going to make the mistake. JMV has proven when he says this is what I am hearing is going to go down that more times than not it's right. Again it's not perfect and no one is saying it is but it is worth listening too. If you disagree fine.

I believe JMV fits what I'm going after but on a much LESSER scale compared to DD. DD is just... I can't even put it in words. I don't like the football comparison. If JMV didn't have the sources he had and lets say DD did, would JMV still be this great radio host that gets all these stories right? No. I do respect what he says and does because he's accurate a good portion of the time. I just hesistate to heap praise on ANY of these radio hosts because they can be right one day and have their foot in their mouth the next.

That was an opinion he was giving, based on what he thought might happen based on Colts' history of promoting their own. He did not present it as something he heard someone say at 56th St., there is a difference. That is where listeners get carried away. JMV is not the holy grail, it is not like I believe in everything he says or has an opinion about, but he is not the * or rumor monger you would like us to think he is either.

That is what people have a hard time wrapping their heads around. They cannot separate a person giving their opinion on a situation from when a person is quoting their source. Like you said he was giving his opinion on the situation and now people bash him for giving his opinion because they think he was quoting a source. JMV is definitely not a * or rumor starter like your typical radio host.

I would not be surprised if Ijalana gets cut. This regime has no loyalty to the guys who were here before them. Heck the two corners we just picked up all ready pushed entrenched guys out of the way. If they do not see what Polian saw in Ijalana then they need to get rid of him.

Oh well, whether JMV guessed it or not, Ijalana is done for the season. Cant waste a roster spot for a guy starting the year on IR unless he makes a miraculous recovery and comes back. Have to look at other options now. Ijalana is likely cut, IMO.

Oh well, whether JMV guessed it or not, Ijalana is done for the season. Cant waste a roster spot for a guy starting the year on IR unless he makes a miraculous recovery and comes back. Have to look at other options now. Ijalana is likely cut, IMO.

It's sounding more and more like that's the case, but I don't agree with it. I think he's a promising enough prospect that you let him sit on IR and revisit the situation next season. We're not really hurting for roster spots, and he's not costing a lot of money. I think he's worth the roster spot through preseason, after which, he doesn't count toward the 53 man roster if he's on IR.

Of course, I doubt anyone would claim him off waivers at this point of the season, given his status, so we could probably get away with waiving him, claiming him, and then putting him on IR, in which case he doesn't count against the 90 man roster. That way, we can monitor his progress over the course of the next year.

At the position he plays, he can come back from a torn ACL, even back to back. He'll have couple more months to recover than he did last time. And if a running back like Adrian Peterson can come back from a more serious injury, and if Wes Welker can do the same (along with tons of other position players), an offensive lineman should be able to. It's not ideal, but I hope he's able to salvage his career. He's still a really good prospect.