Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Ijalana Could Be Released If He Doesn't Play Better

Moncrief

If we're continuing to hang on to Hughes, it seems odd that we'd cut Ben who just now cleared to practice after ACL surgery.

I suppose you could be cleared to practice, yet not be 100%.

Perhaps we're not displaying patience for people recovering from injuries(?).

JMV1070 JMV1070

@

andrewmishler gmbremer StampedeBlue I think Ijalana is dinged already, but he's got to show a lot not to get cut from what I'm told.

12:16pm - 30 Jul 12

Unless he's constantly injured, there's no way they'll cut him. He already has the bonus part of his contract, so he's relatively cheap. Plus, they new he was a bit of a project coming from a small school.

Unless he's constantly injured, there's no way they'll cut him. He already has the bonus part of his contract, so he's relatively cheap. Plus, they new he was a bit of a project coming from a small school.

Yes but new staff and Polian not here means no one is attached to him

JMV? Who is this? I dont see Ben cut unless he is just not healthy. This could put us further back in terms of over hauling the O-Line.

JMV is the guy who broke Peyton being out all last year. Local radio host * on 1070 the fan.

I agree. That's why I kinda think JMV is just trying to start a story but maybe he's not

JMV is like Jake Query and the other radio hosts who just pass along regurtitated (sp) information from other reporters as their own and start rumors with very little foundation.

JMV is the guy who broke Peyton being out all last year. Local radio host * on 1070 the fan.

He is far from a *. The problem is, a lot of posters here dont like to give him credit, even if he is right. JMV was also spot on about a second surgery for Peyton before pre-season ended. He is not the kind to go around spreading rumors when they dont exist. He will pass on hearsay as hearsay.

Right now, Ijalana being cut is just hearsay, so JMV will say he is passing along what he heard. I always had my issues with giving up a 2nd and a 5th for Ijalana, hopefully he can show us he is worth it. We gave up a 2nd and a 5th for Moala too, and I dont think Moala has been worth it, IMO.

Hopefully, a new system redeems Moala, Ijalana will probably stick around because he has played left tackle at college and would be at worst a backup left tackle. Besides, he was a project and should be given a 3rd year to prove his worth, IMO.

The only thing that would change it all is if Ijalana is not healthy.

He is far from a *. The problem is, a lot of posters here dont like to give him credit, even if he is right. JMV was also spot on about a second surgery for Peyton before pre-season ended. He is not the kind to go around spreading rumors when they dont exist. He will pass on hearsay as hearsay.

Right now, Ijalana being cut is just hearsay, so JMV will say he is passing along what he heard. I always had my issues with giving up a 2nd and a 5th for Ijalana, hopefully he can show us he is worth it. We gave up a 2nd and a 5th for Moala too, and I dont think Moala has been worth it, IMO.

Hopefully, a new system redeems Moala, Ijalana will probably stick around because he has played left tackle at college and would be at worst a backup left tackle. Besides, he was a project and should be given a 3rd year to prove his worth, IMO.

The only thing that would change it all is if Ijalana is not healthy.

I give him credit for the Peyton story but once Polian was ousted, his inside source might off went with him. JMV swore up and down that Bill Polian would be gone with Chris Polian getting demoted and Tom Telesco being the new GM. Looks like he was right wasn't he?

JMV swore up and down that Bill Polian would be gone with Chris Polian getting demoted and Tom Telesco being the new GM. Looks like he was right wasn't he?

That was an opinion he was giving, based on what he thought might happen based on Colts' history of promoting their own. He did not present it as something he heard someone say at 56th St., there is a difference. That is where listeners get carried away. JMV is not the holy grail, it is not like I believe in everything he says or has an opinion about, but he is not the * or rumor monger you would like us to think he is either.

JMV? Who is this? I dont see Ben cut unless he is just not healthy. This could put us further back in terms of over hauling the O-Line.

Local radio show host in Indy who nailed the story about Peyton's injury last year (had it first). He seems to have a really good contact with what is going on with the Colts.

That was an opinion he was giving, based on what he thought might happen based on Colts' history of promoting their own. He did not present it as something he heard someone say at 56th St., there is a difference. That is where listeners get carried away. JMV is not the holy grail, but he is not the * you would like us to think he is either.

Wrong. I actually just listened to his podcast from that very day he was talking about this and he was saying that he believed that Telseco would be promoted and Polian would be retained and demoted based on what he had heard. Other radio hosts and reporters all harped on it and agreed and they were ALL wrong.

The guy just had an NFL expert on his show that picked the Colts to go 1-15.

JMV is like Jake Query and the other radio hosts who just pass along regurtitated (sp) information from other reporters as their own and start rumors with very little foundation.

No, if you listened to JMV when he kept saying what was going to happen he kept saying this is what I THINK is going to happen and people took off on that like he said it as fact when he didn't. That's listeners fault not his. When he says things like I've been told, he tends to be right a lot more than he wrong. He got the Manning injury right last year well before anyone else and he reported that Fleener was signed before anyone else as well.

Also for the record he was first saying they were going to bring in Fisher and hire McKennzie but he was going out of his way to make sure people knew that was his opinion and kept telling people they needed to listen to the "Polian" show later that night as Jim Irsay would be on to let them know more about what was up.

Wrong. I actually just listened to his podcast from that very day he was talking about this and he was saying that he believed that Telseco would be promoted and Polian would be retained and demoted based on what he had heared. Other radio hosts and reporters all harped on it and agreed and they were ALL wrong.

The guy just had an NFL expert on his show that picked the Colts to go 1-15.

Again, I do not believe everything he says, I already told you that.

He has those CBS analysts on his show all the time taking turns. One of them predicts the Colts to go 1-15 and you think it is an indictment on a local radio host for having him. Analysts are wrong more times than not. Both of us know that.

If people want a radio host to shake a bunch of pom poms for the local team, JMV is not that guy. He promotes discussion, he talks pop culture and wants to engage more listeners, that is his primary goal. Discussing Colts is not his primary goal, it is one of his goals. You obviously have a clear beef with him while I think he is far from the sensationalist that Brad Wells at StampedeBlue is (even JMV has said several times that he does not read StampedeBlue that regularly). Maybe Brad Wells is trying to coattail on JMV's credentials and credibility since we know how much credibility Brad Wells enjoys. :)

No, if you listened to JMV when he kept saying what was going to happen he kept saying this is what I THINK is going to happen and people took off on that like he said it as fact when he didn't. That's listeners fault not his. When he says things like I've been told, he tends to be right a lot more than he wrong. He got the Manning injury right last year well before anyone else and he reported that Fleener was signed before anyone else as well.

Also for the record he was first saying they were going to bring in Fisher and hire McKennzie but he was going out of his way to make sure people knew that was his opinion.

And as I've said to Chad, I give him credit for the Manning injury report. But as you pointed out with the Fisher and hire of McKennzie, he often guesses. And when you are in radio or any other sports journalism field, there is no accountability as there should be. There is no magical scoreboard showing what people get right or wrong. Often times its if they get the story they are praised and when they miss its an "oh well" attitude and simply brushed off. No accountability at all.

i don't see it. he has the ability to play inside or outside. the key is how healthy is he ?

In fairness he's never proven he can play inside. People just assumed he would make a good guard. It's been proven he played tackle in college just scouts thought he might be able to make the move to guard and Colts fans have just been in love with that idea. I am not saying he doesn't have the skill that he might be able to do it he just hasn't done it to this point.

Also worth mentioning keep in mind the guy who drafted him is no longer here and it's clear that Grigson wants to go in a different direction with the o-line. It could be Ijalana doesn't fit where the Colts want to go with the o-line.

And as I've said to Chad, I give him credit for the Manning injury report. But as you pointed out with the Fisher and hire of McKennzie, he often guesses. And when you are in radio or any other sports journalism field, there is no accountability as there should be. There is no magical scoreboard showing what people get right or wrong. Often times its if they get the story they are praised and when they miss its an "oh well" attitude and simply brushed off. No accountability at all.

and as I am telling you he tells you when he is guessing. However, like with the Manning thing when he knew it was a fact he stood by it because he knew it was right. If people don't listen to him when he is telling you this is what I THINK is going to happen and he keeps stressing that he's guessing and he's telling you it isn't a fact and people take it as fact then that's on the people who do that not him. Generally when JMV reports something as a fact or says hey this is what I am being told he's right. That's different than when he tells you he is guessing which he does. You have to separate those times and not try to treat them as the same thing which you are doing.

Again, I do not believe everything he says, I already told you that.

He has those CBS analysts on his show all the time taking turns. One of them predicts the Colts to go 1-15 and you think it is an indictment on a local radio host for having him. Analysts are wrong more times than not. Both of us know that.

If people want a radio host to shake a bunch of pom poms for the local team, JMV is not that guy. He promotes discussion, he talks pop culture and wants to engage more listeners, that is his primary goal. Discussing Colts is not his primary goal, it is one of his goals.

I understand its not suppose to be "pom poms" for the Colts all the time but aren't you suppose to kinda go over what you are going to be discussing with the person you are having on? Like really 1-15?? Most NATIONAL analysts aren't picking us to finish that bad. I mean JMV did make a fair point at the end of the interview to say he didn't agree with the guy's assessment but I would of cut it off during the show and called him out.

I understand its not suppose to be "pom poms" for the Colts all the time but aren't you suppose to kinda go over what you are going to be discussing with the person you are having on? Like really 1-15?? Most NATIONAL analysts aren't picking us to finish that bad. I mean JMV did make a fair point at the end of the interview to say he didn't agree with the guy's assessment but I would of cut it off during the show and called him out.

That kind of brazen guy you want in a radio host is Dan Dakic. JMV is more even tempered, not snappy at his guests and listeners like Dakic can be. He gives everybody, analysts and listeners included, a chance to sound ignorant and stupid, and sometimes they do not disappoint. :)

and as I am telling you he tells you when he is guessing. However, like with the Manning thing when he knew it was a fact he stood by it because he knew it was right. If people don't listen to him when he is telling you this is what I THINK is going to happen and he keeps stressing that he's guessing and he's telling you it isn't a fact and people take it as fact then that's on the people who do that not him. Generally when JMV reports something as a fact or says hey this is what I am being told he's right. That's different than when he tells you he is guessing which he does. You have to separate those times and not try to treat them as the same thing which you are doing.

I don't treat them the same. I understand he had for sure facts on the Peyton injury. But he doesnt ALWAYS define what he is stating as fact or what he has heard or what he thinks. He DID say he heard that it was going to be a promotion and retention with Telesco and Polian. I talked for a good amount of time with Jake Query, another local radio show host, on this and he agreed they all fired a blind dart and claimed to have sources that were flat out wrong.

That kind of brazen guy you want in a radio host is Dan Dakic. JMV is more even tempered, not snappy at his guests and listeners like Dakic can be. He gives everybody, analysts and listeners included, a chance to sound ignorant and stupid, and sometimes they do not disappoint. :)

Oh I know DD and listen to him. Even if you are right, you are wrong in his eyes.

Local radio show host in Indy who nailed the story about Peyton's injury last year (had it first). He seems to have a really good contact with what is going on with the Colts.

Hmm, has he nailed anything since the change in management? Are his contacts still in place? I was really hoping that we dont have another wasted draft pick.

Hmm, has he nailed anything since the change in management? Are his contacts still in place? I was really hoping that we dont have another wasted draft pick.

As much as Ryan Grigson is young as a GM, he still has experience with watching O-line moves the Eagles made, being an O-line player himself. Eagles have been patient with their O-linemen, from what I have seen over the years. Grigson is not going to have trigger finger that easily, IMO.

I think Ijalana will end up on the roster, even if it is as a backup tackle. Like I said, Ijalana is one of few that has played left tackle at college, like Linkenbach, and could easily be a backup tackle.

I don't treat them the same. I understand he had for sure facts on the Peyton injury. But he doesnt ALWAYS define what he is stating as fact or what he has heard or what he thinks. He DID say he heard that it was going to be a promotion and retention with Telesco and Polian. I talked for a good amount of time with Jake Query, another local radio show host, on this and he agreed they all fired a blind dart and claimed to have sources that were flat out wrong.

Yes JMV does for example again when the new broke about Polian he was going out of his way to say he wasn't telling people he knew for a fact what was going to happen he was just telling people what he thought would happen based on what happened the last time the Colts made a GM Change. When he drops hints like he did here with the Ijalana thing or the Manning thing more times than not he tends to be right. He has a very good source who ever it happens to be. With that said part of his job is offer his opinion so yes he's going to offer it that's what they are paying him to do. Also in case you didn't notice we did keep Telesco and did in fact give him a promotion even if it wasn't the GM job. http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2012/02/colts-promote-tom-telesco.html

Query has nothing to do with this. Jake tends to just throw more things out there and isn't on JMV's show and has nothing to do with JMV's points. Query likes to try to out think the room. JMV is just the normal guy in the bar you talk sports with who happens to have good friends who let him in on some inside information. So bringing Query into a conversation about JMV really doesn't have anything to do with JMV's track record.

Also no one said JMV was right 100% of the time or at least I didn't. I said he tends to be right more than he is wrong when it comes to things like this. Which means he is worth listening to when he says things like he did about Ijalana because he has the track record to prove it's not just a shot in the dark he has someone telling him stuff that tends to be fairly accurate. So unless you have Ryan Grigson's number which most if not all of us don't JMV has proven to be about the best inside source any of us have.